Mike Madigan enters Federal Politics
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:23:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Past Election What-ifs (US) (Moderator: Dereich)
  Mike Madigan enters Federal Politics
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mike Madigan enters Federal Politics  (Read 228 times)
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 01, 2017, 08:32:54 AM »

Whenever people talk about LBJ, they always mention how he was great at whipping votes, and amazing at "arm twisting", that he was a "force of nature", and that someone of his political suave comes around very rarely. I think Mike Madigan has this same "arm twisting" ability, and as anyone from Illinois can tell you, he is definitely a "force of nature", and whenever people make these remarks on LBJ, I always wonder what Mike Madigan could have accomplished had he entered federal politics. What could Mike Madigan have accomplished had he entered Federal Politics? Would he have rose to prominence (potentially becoming House Speaker, Senate Majority Leader, or maybe even President), or just stayed a backbencher, and more importantly, what would he change from OTL? You can have him make the Jump at any point in his career you want to, and can take it any direction you want to.
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 01:18:02 PM »

He would've never made it to President or Vice President. At best, he'd be a Senator and that's only if he ran in a really good year for the Democrats. There are even Democrats in this state(myself included) that despise Madigan.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies