Who is most likely to win the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination?(Aug 2017) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:38:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Who is most likely to win the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination?(Aug 2017) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who is most likely to win the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination?
Joe Biden

Cory Booker

Sherrod Brown

Steve Bullock

Julian Castro

Hillary Clinton

Andrew Cuomo

John Delaney

Al Franken

Tulsi Gabbard

Kirsten Gillibrand

Kamala Harris

Amy Klobuchar

Terry McAuliffe

Jeff Merkley

Seth Moulton

Chris Murphy

Gavin Newsom

Martin O’Malley

Deval Patrick

Tim Ryan

Bernie Sanders

Elizabeth Warren

someone else

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 94

Author Topic: Who is most likely to win the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination?(Aug 2017)  (Read 3031 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: August 02, 2017, 04:08:11 PM »

Please start including Ron Wyden.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 04:22:04 PM »

Isn't Newsom too economically moderate for you?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 11:52:37 PM »

He's an economic moderate only by virtue of his own description of himself. In reality he's basically right there on economic issues with the vast majority of California Democrats. The only reason single payer didn't go through at the state level is cuz we're required to balance our budget.

... I'm fairly certain that he wouldn't exactly push any such thing through. He and Brown seem to be building allies economically in the legislature. Nuñez, Brown, Newsom, and Westly are the main four I can think of, but there are quite a few Democrats in California who don't quite like single-payer and other such proposals.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 12:25:40 AM »

He's an economic moderate only by virtue of his own description of himself. In reality he's basically right there on economic issues with the vast majority of California Democrats. The only reason single payer didn't go through at the state level is cuz we're required to balance our budget.

... I'm fairly certain that he wouldn't exactly push any such thing through. He and Brown seem to be building allies economically in the legislature. Nuñez, Brown, Newsom, and Westly are the main four I can think of, but there are quite a few Democrats in California who don't quite like single-payer and other such proposals.

Newsom supported single payer until it became obvious that they'd have to raise taxes dramatically to meet the budget shortfall so he correctly shifted his support to an all payer program instead. I support single payer at the federal level (where you can run a deficit and phase in the cost savings in the long run from negotiatiating for lower prices) but I think he made the right move at the state level.

You're an advocate of "pay cash now, save money later"? That might just be the definition of economic stupidity.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies