The Hill: Trump set to begin 17-day vacation at his NJ golf club
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:15:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Hill: Trump set to begin 17-day vacation at his NJ golf club
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The Hill: Trump set to begin 17-day vacation at his NJ golf club  (Read 1779 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2017, 10:56:25 AM »

That speaks more to the ineptitude of Congress since President's don't pass legislation. 
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2017, 11:28:47 AM »

Since the entire White House staff is being evacuated due to maintenance issues I'd guess NJ is a bit cheaper than going to FL, and certainly cheaper than a 17 day stay at Trump Tower.  But with the West Wing shut down, he's gotta go somewhere (other than hell - I have to put that in for the alt-left).

I wonder what the odds are that intelligence agencies (foreign and/or domestic) will be bugging the White House during the maintenance?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2017, 11:30:05 AM »

Since the entire White House staff is being evacuated due to maintenance issues I'd guess NJ is a bit cheaper than going to FL, and certainly cheaper than a 17 day stay at Trump Tower.  But with the West Wing shut down, he's gotta go somewhere (other than hell - I have to put that in for the alt-left).

I wonder what the odds are that intelligence agencies (foreign and/or domestic) will be bugging the White House during the maintenance?
Obummer already had it bugged.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2017, 02:16:10 PM »

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/413762618243833858
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2017, 07:21:56 PM »

Good lord at all those tweets. Trump was pressed and obsessed with Obama. My goodness.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2017, 09:09:32 AM »

Trump ought to take vacation advice from someone who knows how to do it:
http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-40837324/vacationing-with-vladimir

Or maybe not on second thought. Do we really want to see Trump without a shirt on?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2017, 04:18:22 PM »

That speaks more to the ineptitude of Congress since President's don't pass legislation. 

So we should think Tip O'Neill and Howard Baker rather than Reagan for passing what is usually referred to as Reagan's agenda?

For well over a hundred years Congress can't and won't pass Jack schitt without effective leadership from the White House. This is Trump's failure, George.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2017, 04:27:59 PM »

So we should think Tip O'Neill and Howard Baker rather than Reagan for passing what is usually referred to as Reagan's agenda?

For well over a hundred years Congress can't and won't pass Jack schitt without effective leadership from the White House. This is Trump's failure, George.

I'm sure Grumps would be singing the same tune if major legislation had been passed, and isn't just rationalizing Trump's completely inability to lead. Right?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2017, 04:35:45 PM »

I'm sure Grumps would be singing the same tune if major legislation had been passed, and isn't just rationalizing Trump's completely inability to lead. Right?

Well, I almost made the same point, but then In fairness Obama had troubles getting Obamacare through despite a senate supermajority. Wow deciding not to make that point, the irony hit me. The two great self-described Mavericks of the Senate, John McCain and Joe Lieberman, individually f***** their party's over by going back on the long-held and expressed convictions.

Lieberman preach the gospel of universal healthcare forever but, after getting butthurt how badly he was rejected in 2004 primaries and his wife pulling down a multiple 6 digit salary as a healthcare lobbyist, he was more than happy to personally and single-handedly sink the public option.

McCain has preached about repealing Obamacare from day one, but then shot down the opportunity to do so where he was literally the deciding vote and did it in the most heinous way possible to Republicans  by killing their one chance per  year for non reconciliation Passage. Furthermore, from what I've read a substantial part of it was to personally f*** over Donald Trump for the things he has said about and done to McCain.

In my own opinion sinking a public option was a far worse blow to the country than killing skinny repeal, but considering McCain and Lieberman are so often classified together or spoken about in the same breath I thought in the parallel was.... Interesting to say the least.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2017, 04:49:44 AM »

The God Emperor has reacted:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/893964041630212098
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2017, 06:33:34 AM »
« Edited: August 06, 2017, 06:41:43 AM by hermit »

The guy has already gained 50 lbs while in office since January. He needs to get out and do something active (besides putting hand to mouth) (and foot in mouth) before he has a heart attack. Although how active golf is....
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2017, 06:36:35 AM »

*working vacation while White House AC is worked on
*standard vacation
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2017, 07:05:28 AM »

If this is supposed to be primarily a work place during White House maintenance, wouldn't Camp David make far more sense?
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2017, 07:21:58 AM »

He can stay away for 1245 more.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2017, 12:45:32 PM »

http://ijr.com/the-response/2017/08/940658-trump-caught-video-playing-golf-claimed-working-stuff/

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/894006754350157825
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2017, 12:46:28 PM »

I love that he's still wearing his MAGA hat on the course! Smiley
Ernest
Moderators