The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:39:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 84
Author Topic: The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII  (Read 236134 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: September 10, 2017, 10:53:20 PM »

I got really nervous since I thought the brunt would hit the Miami area at first. I am more relieved now because it looks as though it will roast the west coast instead. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see people and stuff destroyed, but if it is inevitable, I would rather have it hit a red area than a blue area. As people correctly pointed out about LA post Katrina, maybe a reverse of that will happened in Florida, which could really help out in 2018 and 2020.
Emphasis mine
It actually makes me angry to read stuff like this. Jesus...

I know.  I also get angry whenever I see someone use the media's dumb "red = Republican, blue = Democrat" color scheme.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #201 on: September 10, 2017, 10:59:07 PM »

I got really nervous since I thought the brunt would hit the Miami area at first. I am more relieved now because it looks as though it will roast the west coast instead. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see people and stuff destroyed, but if it is inevitable, I would rather have it hit a red area than a blue area. As people correctly pointed out about LA post Katrina, maybe a reverse of that will happened in Florida, which could really help out in 2018 and 2020.
Emphasis mine
^^^^
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #202 on: September 11, 2017, 01:07:02 AM »

Both Christianity and Islam have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions. Both religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them the moral ways.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I. Jesus would call Christianity and Islam abominations.

Gnostic Christians did in the past, and I am proudly continuing that tradition and honest irrefutable evaluation based on morality.

Someone isn't "immoral" for having a different value system.
True, unless like Christianity and Islam, one is following an immoral ideology which includes homophobia and misogyny.

And its follow up is just as bad (Emphasis mine):

Someone isn't "immoral" for having a different value system.

True, unless like Christianity and Islam, one is following an immoral ideology which includes homophobia and misogyny.

Being homophobic or misogynistic is only immoral if you believe that homophobia and misogyny are wrong, my dude.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #203 on: September 11, 2017, 01:17:02 PM »

This is so sad. Any time a young person loses their life, all I can think is that it was too soon, far too soon. Then again, maybe it's not so bad. Maybe he lived more in 19 years than many people do in 80, but somehow I doubt it.

Attempting to see the "other side" in an unambiguous tragedy.
Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #204 on: September 11, 2017, 02:47:15 PM »

Emphasis mine
^^^^
I'm sure you all wouldn't care if he said the same about a blue area. Remember when conservatives were hoping Kim would nuke Los Angeles because it would help Trump and kill millions of liberals?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #205 on: September 11, 2017, 03:12:22 PM »

Emphasis mine

I know.  I also get angry whenever I see someone use the media's dumb "red = Republican, blue = Democrat" color scheme.

It really bugs me particularly because I never know whether someone is using the color in the good Atlas sense or the bad media sense. It makes me want to start using orange and magenta to describe the parties, except that would also be confusing because nobody would know what I was talking about.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #206 on: September 11, 2017, 05:24:55 PM »

Emphasis mine

Maybe he meant that he prefers for it to hit a Democratic area than a Republican area, as that would help trigger sympathy for Democrats - or that he misspoke and meant to say it would help Republicans, which would make sense, as he is a very conservative Democrat.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #207 on: September 11, 2017, 05:49:13 PM »

Emphasis mine

Maybe he meant that he prefers for it to hit a Democratic area than a Republican area, as that would help trigger sympathy for Democrats - or that he misspoke and meant to say it would help Republicans, which would make sense, as he is a very conservative Democrat.

or maybe he was just referring to the Doppler effect.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #208 on: September 11, 2017, 07:08:01 PM »

Bagel23: I am a centrist who is above silly partisanship!
Also Bagel23: I hope Republicans die in a hurricane
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #209 on: September 11, 2017, 08:12:22 PM »

This is so exaggerated.  The only reason GA-6 was close this last election was because of Trump.  If the GOP had nominated anyone else, he/she would have carried that district by a wide margin, and probably most of the other R-leaning suburban enclaves that swung/trended D.

That said, the GOP has had a big problem with suburban voters since the 90s due to the rise of religious and social conservatives in the party.

If you subscribe to the idea that Trump has accelerated trends already in-progress (of which there is a good argument for), then there is no guarantee GA-6 will go back to where it was before. History is rife with examples of presidents pushing certain regions into the arms of the other party. Usually they just act as a catalyst for existing trends.

The Democrats spent Record amounts of money on Georgia 6 and had a very good candidate and the GOP had a very mediocre candidate and spent about 1/2 as much and still won. Trump was an awful switch for Texas, Virginia, Georgia and Colorado. The fact that Texas and Georgia did not become competitive under these ideal conditions means that they will be Solid Red States for the foreseeable future. 

Dems spent about $2 mil more than the GOP in GA-6 when add all the numbers up, not 1/2.

"Trump was a bad fit" is becoming an increasingly leaned on excuse for Republicans on this forum,  it fits their narrative virtually anywhere they want it to.   

Well its kind true. Look how well Trump did in the midwest and north east, and look how abysmal he did in the south. 6/11 of the swings against him were in the south (Arizona, Utah, Texas, Georgia, Maryland, and Virginia), while out of the 5 that weren't in the south, 4 were democratic states. I understand demographics and all, but going from an 18 to 9 point victory in Texas is down to many factors.

Calling not only Arizona, but freaking Utah southern states.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #210 on: September 11, 2017, 08:54:38 PM »

We need a fiscally moderate, socially liberal globalist, who can win AZ and FL and the Philadelphia suburbs.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #211 on: September 11, 2017, 08:55:09 PM »

We need a fiscally moderate, socially liberal globalist, who can win AZ and FL and the Philadelphia suburbs.

At least he gives fair warning with his username.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #212 on: September 11, 2017, 09:03:43 PM »

At least he gives fair warning with his username.

The name itself deserves a mention, especially seeing as how no one even in the UK Labour Party embraces the label and it's not used as anything but an epithet. It's akin to unironically calling yourself "alt-left".
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #213 on: September 12, 2017, 11:51:26 AM »

This is so exaggerated.  The only reason GA-6 was close this last election was because of Trump.  If the GOP had nominated anyone else, he/she would have carried that district by a wide margin, and probably most of the other R-leaning suburban enclaves that swung/trended D.

That said, the GOP has had a big problem with suburban voters since the 90s due to the rise of religious and social conservatives in the party.

If you subscribe to the idea that Trump has accelerated trends already in-progress (of which there is a good argument for), then there is no guarantee GA-6 will go back to where it was before. History is rife with examples of presidents pushing certain regions into the arms of the other party. Usually they just act as a catalyst for existing trends.

The Democrats spent Record amounts of money on Georgia 6 and had a very good candidate and the GOP had a very mediocre candidate and spent about 1/2 as much and still won. Trump was an awful switch for Texas, Virginia, Georgia and Colorado. The fact that Texas and Georgia did not become competitive under these ideal conditions means that they will be Solid Red States for the foreseeable future. 

Dems spent about $2 mil more than the GOP in GA-6 when add all the numbers up, not 1/2.

"Trump was a bad fit" is becoming an increasingly leaned on excuse for Republicans on this forum,  it fits their narrative virtually anywhere they want it to.   

Well its kind true. Look how well Trump did in the midwest and north east, and look how abysmal he did in the south. 6/11 of the swings against him were in the south (Arizona, Utah, Texas, Georgia, Maryland, and Virginia), while out of the 5 that weren't in the south, 4 were democratic states. I understand demographics and all, but going from an 18 to 9 point victory in Texas is down to many factors.

There's a fair amount of truth there as far as Arizona is concerned. A lot of the initial settlers were ex-Confederates and it was subject to preclearance under the VRA before Section 5 was struck down.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #214 on: September 12, 2017, 11:55:30 AM »

There's a fair amount of truth there as far as Arizona is concerned. A lot of the initial settlers were ex-Confederates and it was subject to preclearance under the VRA before Section 5 was struck down.

Well, by this definition Idaho used to be a somewhat Southern territory.
TheLeftwardTide
« Reply #215 on: September 12, 2017, 05:37:59 PM »
« Edited: September 12, 2017, 05:47:25 PM by Angry Socdem »

This is so exaggerated.  The only reason GA-6 was close this last election was because of Trump.  If the GOP had nominated anyone else, he/she would have carried that district by a wide margin, and probably most of the other R-leaning suburban enclaves that swung/trended D.

Well, by this definition Idaho used to be a somewhat Southern territory.

Yeah but unlike Idaho, Arizona is actually geographically southern.

You could technically classify "the South" as any former slave state under the Missouri Compromise, making Arizona a Southern state. Though that would make Hawaii a Southern state too...eh...
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #216 on: September 12, 2017, 07:50:03 PM »

Wah! I don't want medical coverage for everyone like every other country in the western world! Pathetic. Hey even your idol (lol) Joe Manchin has contemplated getting on board.
I'm actually starting to think that ProgressiveCanadian is a right-wing sockpuppet trying to make the left look immature and beyond stupid.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #217 on: September 12, 2017, 10:16:46 PM »

[Placeholder for every time that Technocracy Timmy calls Hillary Clinton "The People's President"]
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #218 on: September 13, 2017, 01:24:34 AM »

Wah! I don't want medical coverage for everyone like every other country in the western world! Pathetic. Hey even your idol (lol) Joe Manchin has contemplated getting on board.
I'm actually starting to think that ProgressiveCanadian is a right-wing sockpuppet trying to make the left look immature and beyond stupid.

You're doing a good job of that for the center, not that the other centrist posters needed help.

There's literally nothing wrong with that post except it hurts your feelings.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #219 on: September 13, 2017, 08:51:53 AM »
« Edited: September 13, 2017, 08:53:55 AM by Blue Dog Moderate »

You're doing a good job of that for the center, not that the other centrist posters needed help.

There's literally nothing wrong with that post except it hurts your feelings.
You and ProgCan have some of the thinnest skins on this website lmao. Obviously this touched you in some way or else you wouldn't even have felt the need to respond.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #220 on: September 13, 2017, 11:34:24 AM »

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #221 on: September 13, 2017, 12:32:30 PM »

I wouldn't buy alcohol in Aldi anyway. It's for poor people.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #222 on: September 13, 2017, 12:37:27 PM »

Bored today?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #223 on: September 14, 2017, 09:45:42 AM »

1. She's not lying
2. She shouldn't be fired for using her 1st amendment rights. The calls for her to be fired are ridiculous and for the actual administration to try and go through the process of silencing a reporter like that (Huckabee Sanders) is almost authoritarian.

What about Curt Schilling? He was fired and he was exercising his 1st amendment rights.

As far as I'm aware that was a decision ESPN made on their own. No one in the Obama administration told them to fire Schilling. Having Trump, or someone in his administration try to put pressure on ESPN to fire Hill, would violate the First Amendment because it's the government meddling in ESPN's disciplinary actions (which may or may not have already taken place), for an employee of theirs who unwisely uses their speech.

The 1st Amendment needs to be expanded to prohibit any private employer, internet forum, or social media website from ever infringing on free speech- with the one exception being that officially partisan (and 501c3s should be allowed to be officially partisan, so that's a non-issue) groups can obviously require employees to be like-minded.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #224 on: September 15, 2017, 04:56:10 PM »

It's funny how the people who say that political views shouldn't be a factor in one's opinion of a person are the same people who hate me because of my political views.

Anti-Semitism is not a "political view", it's just disgusting
Racism is also disgusting. So why does everyone suck Santander's and Sanchez's dicks?

Active loathing of white Americans Republicans (to put it lightly) is disgusting.  Is it racism?  If not, why is it justified?
FTFY

In the end of the day, don't you think it's better to respect opposing points of view rather than have contempt for your political adversaries?  Hating your enemies doesn't do you (or anyone else) any good, so what is there to lose by having a more understanding view toward those whose views you see as execrable?  I say this as someone who finds a lot of the moral views of progressives personally troubling - especially on abortion - but I think it's better to respect people even if we have different viewpoints on very consequential issues.  

I know we have some pretty big disagreements, but I think you care about others and are fundamentally a decent person.  I think it'd be best for your sake to try to open your mind a bit to different perspectives, as tough as it can be at times. 
Republicans, including you are horrible "people".
Rfayette attempts to appeal to Coraxion's sense of decency and humanity. Coraxion proves that he possesses neither.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 84  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies