The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:19:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 84
Author Topic: The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII  (Read 236613 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: September 15, 2017, 10:35:15 PM »

It's funny how the people who say that political views shouldn't be a factor in one's opinion of a person are the same people who hate me because of my political views.

Anti-Semitism is not a "political view", it's just disgusting
Racism is also disgusting. So why does everyone suck Santander's and Sanchez's dicks?

Active loathing of white Americans Republicans (to put it lightly) is disgusting.  Is it racism?  If not, why is it justified?
FTFY

In the end of the day, don't you think it's better to respect opposing points of view rather than have contempt for your political adversaries?  Hating your enemies doesn't do you (or anyone else) any good, so what is there to lose by having a more understanding view toward those whose views you see as execrable?  I say this as someone who finds a lot of the moral views of progressives personally troubling - especially on abortion - but I think it's better to respect people even if we have different viewpoints on very consequential issues.  

I know we have some pretty big disagreements, but I think you care about others and are fundamentally a decent person.  I think it'd be best for your sake to try to open your mind a bit to different perspectives, as tough as it can be at times. 
Republicans, including you are horrible "people".
Rfayette attempts to appeal to Coraxion's sense of decency and humanity. Coraxion proves that he possesses neither.
Neither does MasterJedi for that matter.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #226 on: September 16, 2017, 09:00:30 AM »

It's funny how the people who say that political views shouldn't be a factor in one's opinion of a person are the same people who hate me because of my political views.

Racism is also disgusting. So why does everyone suck Santander's and Sanchez's dicks?

Active loathing of white Americans Republicans (to put it lightly) is disgusting.  Is it racism?  If not, why is it justified?
FTFY

In the end of the day, don't you think it's better to respect opposing points of view rather than have contempt for your political adversaries?  Hating your enemies doesn't do you (or anyone else) any good, so what is there to lose by having a more understanding view toward those whose views you see as execrable?  I say this as someone who finds a lot of the moral views of progressives personally troubling - especially on abortion - but I think it's better to respect people even if we have different viewpoints on very consequential issues.  

I know we have some pretty big disagreements, but I think you care about others and are fundamentally a decent person.  I think it'd be best for your sake to try to open your mind a bit to different perspectives, as tough as it can be at times. 
Rfayette attempts to appeal to Coraxion's sense of decency and humanity. Coraxion proves that he possesses neither.

LOL, he's such a POS.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #227 on: September 17, 2017, 01:19:17 PM »

Why did we change the name of this again?

Hate to burst your bubble but Democrats have Cory Booker and Kamala Harris while Republicans have Tim Scott.

Democrats have 66% of total black senators.

Edit: I cant believe no one has realized that by now.

Tim Scott is blacker than those two combined.
A half-black Democrat is more black than a "pure" black Republican.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #228 on: September 17, 2017, 01:27:32 PM »

Why should Hillary Clinton be expected to comfort those who didn't vote?! She can't remove their mistake, even if she said a few nice words it wouldn't have done anything. They could have stopped Donald Trump from becoming President and they chose not to. Hopefully they will learn the hard way the importance of voting and vote in future elections.

And perhaps next time Democrats will learn not to nominate a candidate whose disapproval ratings rival those of Donald F***ing Trump.

If this country can't overcome its deep-seated, fanatical misogyny, it doesn't deserve a better president than Trump. But the people who will be hurt the most are people overseas who will be wiped out in the coming nuclear holocaust.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #229 on: September 17, 2017, 03:05:50 PM »

FTFY

You're the only nonbanned poster who manages to equal Cora in pure nastiness.
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #230 on: September 17, 2017, 03:14:17 PM »

Pretty much only left-wing parents raise their children gender-neutral.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #231 on: September 17, 2017, 05:15:00 PM »

Is this untrue?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #232 on: September 17, 2017, 05:39:32 PM »

FTFY

I don't think Sanchez has ever advocated blowing up school buses full of children.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #233 on: September 17, 2017, 07:04:25 PM »

She's basically a moderate if you put her in European politics. America's Political discourse has moved so far to the right however.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #234 on: September 17, 2017, 08:24:24 PM »

She's basically a moderate if you put her in European politics. America's Political discourse has moved so far to the right however.

Can either you or PC explain how she is a perfect for the Liberal Democrats, or say the Dutch D66 or En Marche? Are those parties Trotskyist?

Perhaps the original post wasn't specific enough; I guess it would be fairer to say that she's a moderate by Scandinavian or Central European standards. I think we're nitpicking though; the broader point is that the spectrum of political ideology and the placement of "extremes" in the U.S. is very far to the right relative to the rest of the world.

TIL that Trotskyists are moderate in Scandinavia and Central Europe. I guess this means that Gerard Schroeder and Helle Thorning-Schmidt must be Maoists or something.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #235 on: September 18, 2017, 08:56:24 AM »
« Edited: September 18, 2017, 09:02:43 AM by Çråbçæk »

would have been standard practice a while back (at least in the case of clothing). The idea of clothing specifically for boys and girls, especially at infancy, is relatively new. THat said, somebody who choses to raise their child gender neutral is, perhaps indirectly, making a political statement.

(although the true absurdity of that post is probably the context of what thread it is in...)
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #236 on: September 18, 2017, 10:28:47 AM »

If you don't favor this, you favor open borders, you favor citizenship on demand.

It's impossible to support any regulation of immigration if you oppose enforcement of those regulations.

That's all this is, basic enforcement.

If you don't want to let every person in Africa move to America, you're going to have to be cool with deporting people, including non-criminals and people who will cry on camera.

If you can't do that, you will end up living in a third world country.

Morty is scum, news at 5.

Active loathing of white Americans Republicans (to put it lightly) is disgusting.  Is it racism?  If not, why is it justified?
FTFY

In the end of the day, don't you think it's better to respect opposing points of view rather than have contempt for your political adversaries?  Hating your enemies doesn't do you (or anyone else) any good, so what is there to lose by having a more understanding view toward those whose views you see as execrable?  I say this as someone who finds a lot of the moral views of progressives personally troubling - especially on abortion - but I think it's better to respect people even if we have different viewpoints on very consequential issues. 

I don't think Sanchez has ever advocated blowing up school buses full of children.

He's implied approval for some pretty sickening things. He's just smart enough to not be completely audacious.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #237 on: September 18, 2017, 10:30:19 AM »

If you don't favor this, you favor open borders, you favor citizenship on demand.

It's impossible to support any regulation of immigration if you oppose enforcement of those regulations.

If you don't want to let every person in Africa move to America, you're going to have to be cool with deporting people, including non-criminals and people who will cry on camera.

You bolded the least disagreeable part of that post. Strange priorities.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #238 on: September 18, 2017, 02:04:31 PM »

Active loathing of white Americans Republicans (to put it lightly) is disgusting.  Is it racism?  If not, why is it justified?
FTFY

In the end of the day, don't you think it's better to respect opposing points of view rather than have contempt for your political adversaries?  Hating your enemies doesn't do you (or anyone else) any good, so what is there to lose by having a more understanding view toward those whose views you see as execrable?  I say this as someone who finds a lot of the moral views of progressives personally troubling - especially on abortion - but I think it's better to respect people even if we have different viewpoints on very consequential issues. 

He's implied approval for some pretty sickening things. He's just smart enough to not be completely audacious.

Oh, I completely agree with you there, I just think Coraxion is literally the worst poster on Atlas right now.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #239 on: September 18, 2017, 07:32:10 PM »

If it’s a legitimate election, the body politic has ways to try to shut the whole thing down.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #240 on: September 18, 2017, 07:56:38 PM »

Democrats are basically Republicans that are pro gay marriage and pro abortion...but the political discourse hasn't been moved to the far right? Ok.
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

« Reply #241 on: September 19, 2017, 02:12:50 AM »

TheLeftwardTide
« Reply #242 on: September 19, 2017, 03:05:31 PM »

The worst of both parties duke it out...?

*grabs popcorn*
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #243 on: September 19, 2017, 07:34:35 PM »

Leaking anything related to Politics should be against international law, punishable by a minimum sentence of a year in prison.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #244 on: September 20, 2017, 07:21:28 PM »

Imagine being so mad that women keep beating you in arguments that you became a libertarian.

That's an odd statement because there was no argument.  I agree with them that abortion should be legal.  Their smug attitude is probably why Johnson and Stein had a massive vote increase, largely at Hillary's expense.  I'm certainly convinced the new left is why Trump was able to eek out a win.  But go ahead, keep pretending the new base of the Democratic party is helping by rioting on campuses, and shouting racist as every other word
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #245 on: September 20, 2017, 08:13:02 PM »

Democrats are basically Republicans that are pro gay marriage and pro abortion...but the political discourse hasn't been moved to the far right? Ok.
What is it with ProgressiveCanadian being so triggered lately?
TheLeftwardTide
« Reply #246 on: September 20, 2017, 08:17:35 PM »

I've noticed that the anti-Bernie crowd has really begun to ramp up their sh*tposting. It pisses me off quite a bit too...the difference being, of course, the fact that I try to keep my post quality (on serious posts) high.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #247 on: September 20, 2017, 08:32:35 PM »

I've noticed that the anti-Bernie crowd has really begun to ramp up their sh*tposting. It pisses me off quite a bit too...the difference being, of course, the fact that I try to keep my post quality (on serious posts) high.

What does being angry with anti-Bernie people have to do with arguing that a Trotskyist would be moderate in Europe?
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #248 on: September 20, 2017, 10:52:12 PM »

Yes, very much so.

The world needs an independent, democratic and strong Kurdistan.

Agreed

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I'd love to see a first.

I was just about to say that...

you both are sooooo edgy Roll Eyes

Implying that the idea that Israel doesn't respect human rights is ridiculous.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #249 on: September 21, 2017, 07:36:29 AM »

The "safe spaces" and "SJWs" that Trump and his supporters talk about are the result of anti-bullying campaigns.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 84  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies