Booker vs. Bernie
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:39:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Booker vs. Bernie
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Booker vs. Bernie  (Read 1360 times)
Progressive
jro660

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 03, 2017, 05:22:23 PM »

What would this primary map look like? Mine coming shortly
This is Eharding, guys
ossoff2028

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 05:24:29 PM »

Bernie would do much better with the elderly this time around due to Booker's Marijuana Justice Act misstep.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 05:27:38 PM »

See 2016, minus MA, KY, IA, SD, and MO which go to Bernie.

Oh, and perhaps Michigan goes to Booker.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 06:02:12 PM »

Bernie would do much better with the elderly this time around due to Booker's Marijuana Justice Act misstep.

And he would also get the backing of most labor unions.
The Undefeatable Debbie Stabenow
slightlyburnttoast
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -5.43

P P
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 06:22:39 PM »

Sen. Bernie Sanders (D-VT)
Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ)

Closest states are CA, CT, IL, MO, MA, NM, NV, and HI. Booker significantly under-performs Clinton among more conservative Southern whites (but still has sizable margins in the South) and among Midwestern white females (allowing Sanders to expand on his 2016 margins in MI/WI/MN and to narrowly win OH/PA/IL). The only state where Sanders does significantly worse than he did in 2016 is Hawaii, which he still wins.
This is Eharding, guys
ossoff2028

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2017, 03:02:38 PM »

Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ)

Closest states are CA, CT, IL, MO, MA, NM, NV, and HI. Booker significantly under-performs Clinton among more conservative Southern whites (but still has sizable margins in the South) and among Midwestern white females (allowing Sanders to expand on his 2016 margins in MI/WI/MN and to narrowly win OH/PA/IL). The only state where Sanders does significantly worse than he did in 2016 is Hawaii, which he still wins.

I think Booker will do much better in Colorado and much worse in TN and Arkansas than Clinton. Also, better in Massachusetts, Oregon, Washington. BTW, why would Booker do well in New Mexico?
The Undefeatable Debbie Stabenow
slightlyburnttoast
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -5.43

P P
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 04:01:20 PM »

Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ)

I think Booker will do much better in Colorado and much worse in TN and Arkansas than Clinton. Also, better in Massachusetts, Oregon, Washington. BTW, why would Booker do well in New Mexico?

Entirely agree that Booker would do worse in Arkansas and Tennessee and better in COO/WA/OR  than Clinton, but I think the winner would still be the same. I had Booker winning New Mexico because I do see him winning Hispanics by a decent margin, but it really could go either way as Sanders only barely lost the state in 2016.
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2017, 04:37:52 PM »

Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ)

Entirely agree that Booker would do worse in Arkansas and Tennessee and better in COO/WA/OR  than Clinton, but I think the winner would still be the same. I had Booker winning New Mexico because I do see him winning Hispanics by a decent margin, but it really could go either way as Sanders only barely lost the state in 2016.
I don't think the Latino vote is as clear cut as that. Bernie won the Hispanic vote in nearby Nevada, and he also won it in Illinois if I remember correctly. He couldn't have done too badly with them in NM either considering they probably made up at least 70% of the primary voters. Given the fact Booker isn't as beloved a figure as Clinton I think its entirely possible for Bernie to win NM.
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2017, 08:03:07 PM »

I think, the truth is, Bernie relatively easily wins a 1-on-1 primary against anybody. Probably Clinton-Sanders levels at the least.
GGover
BBovine
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.06, S: 2.09

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2017, 09:40:44 PM »

I think, the truth is, Bernie relatively easily wins a 1-on-1 primary against anybody. Probably Clinton-Sanders levels at the least.
This.

Even in a crowded field, I think he will win big unless Warren runs and cuts into his progressive base.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2017, 09:47:34 PM »

This.

Even in a crowded field, I think he will win big unless Warren runs and cuts into his progressive base.

I think it's actually the reverse: He's vulnerable in a 1-on-1 race, but would be hard to beat in a crowded field.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2017, 11:41:11 PM »

Any other Black candidate would probably be able to steal the hipster vote from Bernie, which would make him non-viable. Booker is the only one who couldn't do that. He's just been too visibly right-wing.
TheLeftwardTide
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2017, 06:09:15 PM »

Bernie Sanders (D-VT)
Cory Booker (D-NJ)

Booker isn't a strong candidate. I would expect Bernie to do much better with the Southern white vote and Hispanic vote than he did in 2016, whereas Booker will more or less keep the black vote and coastal liberal vote intact.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2017, 06:29:10 PM »

Sanders came within 7 points in California, the day after AP called the nomination for Clinton. Harris could hold California for the establishment wing, but otherwise it's a part of any Sanders nomination win; certainly before Louisiana.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2017, 06:34:50 PM »

Cory Booker (D-NJ)
Bernie Sanders (D-VT)
TheLeftwardTide
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2017, 06:45:58 PM »
« Edited: August 06, 2017, 06:50:43 PM by TheLeftwardTide »

Sanders came within 7 points in California, the day after AP called the nomination for Clinton. Harris could hold California for the establishment wing, but otherwise it's a part of any Sanders nomination win; certainly before Louisiana.

OK, fair enough. My logic here was that California was going to be pushed far ahead in the primary schedule, and Booker would campaign relentlessly here and claim a narrow victory, while taking Louisiana for granted and losing it. California isn't as economically left-wing of a state as people think it is, the "latte liberal" stereotype may not be entirely true but it has some validity. Louisiana broke for Clinton largely because of her Southern influence - LA, AR, TN still have sizable white Southerner voting blocs who (outside of urban areas) tend to be either DINOs or fiscally egalitarian and socially conservative; if Sanders has an economic message and Booker has a socially liberal message, this group could very well go for Sanders. Despite this, I think you're still probably right.
TheLeftwardTide
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2017, 06:46:37 PM »

Booker wins West Virginia and Indiana? LMAO
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2017, 06:55:32 PM »

Booker wins CT, NY, DE, MD, and the south. He drops out before NJ and DC vote.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies