NY-11 Michael Grimm considering primary challenge
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:12:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NY-11 Michael Grimm considering primary challenge
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: NY-11 Michael Grimm considering primary challenge  (Read 4139 times)
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2017, 11:39:03 AM »

I just don't understand why the Conservative Party would look at Michael Grimm and think of him either as a conservative or as someone who they would want to nominate. But, as the saying goes, stranger things have happened, ....
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2017, 10:26:17 PM »

Endorsing Grimm for the conservative party nomination
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2017, 10:34:07 PM »

Any reason why... Donovan's probably an ethically better choice if Conservatives/Republicans want to win.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2017, 11:28:20 PM »

Any reason why... Donovan's probably an ethically better choice if Conservatives/Republicans want to win.
Maybe he wants the seat to go Democratic?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2017, 12:10:09 AM »

I do too... but Dwarven seems like a more Republican leaning voter.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2017, 12:26:56 AM »
« Edited: August 14, 2017, 12:43:07 AM by Dwarven Dragon »

Exactly. I will endorse the democratic nominee after the democratic primary has concluded.

@NYE: I don't have a strong predisposition to one party over the other, as my positions are such that I would be expelled from either in a matter of days. Just to give you a quick example, I am pro-life, but I support ObamaCare. I admittedly came off as republican leaning in 2016 because I believe that a moderate republican is superior to Hillary, and so went through the whole republican field trying to find someone suitable. Ultimately, my top pick, John Kasich, went basically nowhere. After a lot of soul searching, I ultimately voted for Gary Johnson. However, I cannot even begin to tell you who I will vote for in 2020.

For 2018, I am trying to endorse a lot of dems for the purpose of limiting Trump's power. There will be races where the dem is terrible enough that I will endorse the republican (Looking at you, Gillibrand and Feinstein), but I am trying to give dems as much leeway as possible, as can be seen in my endorsements of Claire McCaskill and Tammy Baldwin.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2017, 12:13:45 PM »

Grimm won by 12% in 2014 despite his ethics issues/conviction, so I don't think his ethics issues alone will sink him.

Ye We Can
Mumph

« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2017, 07:20:04 PM »

Grimm won by 12% in 2014 despite his ethics issues/conviction, so I don't think his ethics issues alone will sink him.

This.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2017, 10:47:57 AM »

He'll decide soon.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2017, 02:47:25 PM »

He'll jump in Oct. 1.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2017, 05:31:33 PM »

rofl lmao

Grimm gonna win tho.
Ye We Can
Mumph

« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2017, 05:40:26 PM »

Lmao.

Primary is still Lean Donovan imo.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2017, 03:38:58 PM »

He's in.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2017, 04:22:02 PM »

Oh this primary will be hilarious!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2017, 03:52:30 AM »

The key here I think is for Donovan to lean hard into the immigration issue as part of his law and order image in contrast to Grimm's breaking the law.

That should secure him the primary win.

Of course personal vendettas and bs matter more on SI then keeping the seat Republican so down be surprised if some prefer to lose the seat then to let the other Republican have it.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2017, 02:53:32 PM »

Oh god yes XD https://mobile.twitter.com/RealMGrimm/status/915655023421526018
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2017, 04:41:45 PM »

Yea, the key here is to paint Grimm as an open borders, law breaker. He had an F on immigration from NumbersUSA if memory serves me and of course hired illegal aliens. That will prevent him from rallying the Trumpist vote.

Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2017, 09:39:14 AM »

Dan Donovan will be renominated, but closely. Grimm should not be running. He is too corrupt. Donovan is shady as well with the 2014 Eric Garner/Daniel Pantaleo case but he is a bit better than Grimm.

I would prefer Nicole Malliotakis for this seat. She'd beat both of them. Donovan should go back to private law and Grimm should fade away from S.I. politics like Vito Fossella.

Staten Island politics is truly captivating but with a lot of mob characteristics.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2017, 09:40:06 AM »

Grimm and Donovan will split the vote in the South Shore areas of S.I. (more conservative areas).
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2017, 09:01:06 PM »

Yea, the key here is to paint Grimm as an open borders, law breaker. He had an F on immigration from NumbersUSA if memory serves me and of course hired illegal aliens. That will prevent him from rallying the Trumpist vote.

Though what hurts Donovan on his "law and order" theme is the controversy surrounding Eric Garner. I remembered what happened, of course, but for some reason I forgot that Donovan was the DA at that time. I'll support Grimm, I think Donovan's decision (under FBI review) was wrong, and this comes from someone who's usually very pro-law enforcement. And as for the open borders issue, Donovan did vote against the "No Sanctuary for Criminals Act", so it'll be hard for Donovan to attack Grimm on that issue. State Island politics sounds very entertaining. Anyone have a good idea on who's favored?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2017, 01:44:54 PM »

Hilariously, Grimm was basically offended when Hannity asked him to call himself a conservative. I mean Grimm's fairly moderate voting record (and Donovan's arguably more conservative voting record) will show whether or not this entirely based on affiliations and attitudes or if its actually about issues.

Plus Grimm is probably gonna flip on immigration anyways during the campaign, just like any politician would.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2017, 03:31:18 PM »

S.I. Republicans should look for a mainstream candidate for Staten Island/Brooklyn. Someone who does not have baggage, like Fossella, Grimm, and Donovan.

S.I. Republicans should look for someone like Nicole Malliotakis, who is set to lose the NYC mayoral race to De Blasio anyway.
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2017, 06:56:56 PM »

Though what hurts Donovan on his "law and order" theme is the controversy surrounding Eric Garner. I remembered what happened, of course, but for some reason I forgot that Donovan was the DA at that time. I'll support Grimm, I think Donovan's decision (under FBI review) was wrong, and this comes from someone who's usually very pro-law enforcement. And as for the open borders issue, Donovan did vote against the "No Sanctuary for Criminals Act", so it'll be hard for Donovan to attack Grimm on that issue. State Island politics sounds very entertaining. Anyone have a good idea on who's favored?

I frankly don't like any of the choices here. I was just making a strategic observance.

Plus Grimm is probably gonna flip on immigration anyways during the campaign, just like any politician would.

Yes, we have seen this show before hundreds of times. At the end of the day it is all about power and money and right now the money is coming from Bannon's allies.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2017, 07:09:59 PM »

S.I. Republicans should look for a mainstream candidate for Staten Island/Brooklyn. Someone who does not have baggage, like Fossella, Grimm, and Donovan.

S.I. Republicans should look for someone like Nicole Malliotakis, who is set to lose the NYC mayoral race to De Blasio anyway.

Malliotakis is too low-drama for being the congressperson from Staten Island, I think Smiley
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2017, 07:26:06 PM »

She wanted to run, but the SI GOP arrogantly told her that it wasn't her turn Angry

I think her NYC Mayoral run is an attempt to boost her profile. Hopefully, she'll get a chance to become Congresswoman sometime in the future.

In regards of Donovan vs Grimm. I'm still undecided.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies