NY GOV: Actress Cynthia Nixon may primary Gov. Cuomo
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:34:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NY GOV: Actress Cynthia Nixon may primary Gov. Cuomo
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: NY GOV: Actress Cynthia Nixon may primary Gov. Cuomo  (Read 1383 times)
Rjjr77
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2017, 01:17:32 PM »

Exactly what are her qualifications to be Governor? Not legal requirements, qualifications. Being a Governor of any state is not a job for a novice. This is such a joke.

Granholm the model is still the best Michigan's had in ages.

Also Der Sperminator, The People's Park Butcher, and Murphy in the Senate weren't jokes and the whole system still suffers because of them. Yet for some bizarre reason, one of these guys became President, and one of them got re-elected in a landslide...in a wave going the other way.

People in MI sure don't agree
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2017, 02:24:33 PM »

Is this really what the world has come to where celebrities are going to be credible political candidates. I don't mind some celebrities who have spent there careers involved in politics like many comedians such as Al Franken but I just don't like it when anybody just runs for a major office with no real qualifications.

I don't care about "qualifications" or whatever title somebody has next to their name. I care if that person's gonna stand up for working people, something Cuomo hasn't done.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2017, 03:01:29 PM »

Jumaane Williams may be considering a primary challenge as well.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/jumaane-williams-eyed-2018-democratic-challenger-cuomo-article-1.3409375
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2017, 03:38:38 PM »

Is this really what the world has come to where celebrities are going to be credible political candidates. I don't mind some celebrities who have spent there careers involved in politics like many comedians such as Al Franken but I just don't like it when anybody just runs for a major office with no real qualifications.

James Buchanan clearly had way more qualifications to be President than Abe Lincoln.

We're through the looking glass, folks
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2017, 05:19:03 PM »

Endorsed. He probably won't run, but endorsed anyway.

I don't think people realize the degree to which office holders rely on their staffs. Many "qualified" pols aren't that bright.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2017, 06:37:24 PM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/13/nyregion/cuomo-rethinks-opposition-to-tolls-to-ease-manhattan-traffic.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.

If Cuomo loses Long Island, Staten Island, Brooklyn and Queens, it's over.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2017, 06:45:07 PM »

With all of this renewed interest in a challenge to Cuomo, it would be great to see some solid polling data. I would guess Cuomo still has a lead but that there is a path for a challenger.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2017, 09:54:23 PM »

Endorsed. He probably won't run, but endorsed anyway.

I don't think people realize the degree to which office holders rely on their staffs. Many "qualified" pols aren't that bright.
If Jumaane wins the primary he'll almost certainly win the general...and then he becomes an early contender for 2020. I could see him as an heir to Bernie.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies