Wapo: Under Trump, gains against ISIS have dramatically accelerated
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:08:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Wapo: Under Trump, gains against ISIS have dramatically accelerated
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wapo: Under Trump, gains against ISIS have dramatically accelerated  (Read 1175 times)
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 05, 2017, 07:14:45 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/under-trump-gains-against-isis-have-dramatically-accelerated/2017/08/04/8ad29d40-7958-11e7-8f39-eeb7d3a2d304_story.html?utm_term=.4ec69cc4dc48

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 07:22:40 PM »

Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 07:23:49 PM »

AMAZON WASHINGTON POST FAKE NE--- oh wait, hold the presses! this one's real.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 07:26:00 PM »

ISIS didn't really cracking until last year anyway, plus the Syrian Civil War isn't what it used to be.

AtorBoltox

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2017, 08:15:09 PM »

Trump has not altered Obamas strategy one jot
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2017, 08:16:32 PM »

Any claims about Trump's awesomeness regarding ISIS possess about the same degree of truth as his bragging about the economy. He inherited situations heading in the right direction and hasn't had time to run them off the rails yet.

Watching the cultists explain how Trump has nothing to do with the economy or foreign policy when they go south on him will be amusing.

TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2017, 08:20:18 PM »
« Edited: August 05, 2017, 08:40:14 PM by The Saint »

The entire article is literally about changes that the WH made giving generals power. Nothing in there about "Obama Admin's policies did this, not Trump Admin's."

But I like how this is going.  It's good that more power is being delegated to the generals.  He trusts them.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2017, 09:14:27 PM »

But I like how this is going.  It's good that more power is being delegated to the generals.  He trusts them.
More like he doesn't want to bothered with details.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2017, 09:21:45 PM »

Donald Trump's campaign against Isis results in nearly as many civilian deaths as during Obama's entire administration

And thus the next generation of Islamic extrists are being born among the ashes and rotting bodies of Syria and Iraq (and Yemen).
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2017, 09:25:19 PM »

Gotta accentuate the positives somehow
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2017, 09:30:04 PM »

I don't understand why you say "he trusts them."
trump knows more than all the generals ... remember ? (His words, not mine.)
They are secondary, he knows best, he knows everything, he looks at the maps and he is the only one who decides on the grand strategy.
The generals know nothing.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2017, 09:59:05 PM »

Donald Trump's campaign against Isis results in nearly as many civilian deaths as during Obama's entire administration

And thus the next generation of Islamic extrists are being born among the ashes and rotting bodies of Syria and Iraq (and Yemen).

Excellent point. Trump is very fond of taking credit for things, and his cultists are fond of giving him credit for things.

We need to make certain that Trump gets proper credit for every westerner who dies at the hands of Islamic extremists for the next half century.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2017, 10:15:18 PM »
« Edited: August 05, 2017, 10:19:30 PM by The Saint »

They are secondary, he knows best, he knows everything, he looks at the maps and he is the only one who decides on the grand strategy.
That must be why he let them run the show now.

Anyway that comment was both said horribly by trump and horribly taken out of context. He was trying to make a point that we are sharing our strategies so openly that even a common citizen could know what the generals know. Of course he was exaggerating and of course it was a stupid comment.

As shown by this article, he is trusting he generals to eliminate ISIS, which is good.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2017, 10:20:30 PM »

So Obama delegated power to his generals as trump did? I don't believe so. I'm referring to this article.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2017, 10:47:25 PM »

Anyway that comment was both said horribly by trump and horribly taken out of context. He was trying to make a point that we are sharing our strategies so openly that even a common citizen could know what the generals know. Of course he was exaggerating and of course it was a stupid comment.

As shown by this article, he is trusting he generals to eliminate ISIS, which is good.

No he wasnt...Trump has so far said hes done more than any other president except FDR and that hes been more presidential than any other president than Lincoln and compares his verbal diarrhea speeches to that of Ronald Reagan.

He's a egomaniac who thinks hes the smartest person in the room and a con artist pulling the wool of the rubes in his base. He deserves credit for nothing other than managing to control himself around women.

So Obama delegated power to his generals as trump did? I don't believe so. I'm referring to this article.

This comment really dosent make sense. Trump delegates out of sheer laziness. He sends Pence to visit world leaders. He sends Nikki to the UN because he cant be bothered to make a call. He left his health bill solely to Reince Preibus. And instead of calling up the FBI about leaks...he rage tweets when a simple phone call could get him the answer he's looking for

There was just a report yesterday that Trump slammed and blamed the generals saying they were losing Afghanistan. Trump hasnt read a single briefing or attended a single meeting on Afghanistan because his attention span is so short. He dosent even read his bullet point one page memos anymore.

All Trump wants to do is golf, watch TV, and tweet. Just a month ago...all the Trump supporters on here were crowing about the upcoming NAFTA rewrite. Trump had a media event, he released a wish list about how to fix NAFTA and that was the end of it. NAFTA has not been renegotiated nor is anyone trying to.

The only thing thus far you could credit him for is Gorsuch...other than that, the tub of lard is obviously growing bored with the job and wants nothing to do with it other than to get his daily narcissistic supply from the public.
Ok. Not disagreeing. If you've read my recent posts I've said so much that he pretty much has done nothing. Unless he cleans up his act and takes more initiative I will be voting for his primary opponent in 2020.

Is it laziness that he is deferring to the generals? Probably. But am I upset that the generals are taking control? Of course not.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2017, 01:18:45 AM »

No he wasnt...Trump has so far said hes done more than any other president except FDR and that hes been more presidential than any other president than Lincoln and compares his verbal diarrhea speeches to that of Ronald Reagan.

He's a egomaniac who thinks hes the smartest person in the room and a con artist pulling the wool of the rubes in his base. He deserves credit for nothing other than managing to control himself around women.

This comment really dosent make sense. Trump delegates out of sheer laziness. He sends Pence to visit world leaders. He sends Nikki to the UN because he cant be bothered to make a call. He left his health bill solely to Reince Preibus. And instead of calling up the FBI about leaks...he rage tweets when a simple phone call could get him the answer he's looking for

There was just a report yesterday that Trump slammed and blamed the generals saying they were losing Afghanistan. Trump hasnt read a single briefing or attended a single meeting on Afghanistan because his attention span is so short. He dosent even read his bullet point one page memos anymore.

All Trump wants to do is golf, watch TV, and tweet. Just a month ago...all the Trump supporters on here were crowing about the upcoming NAFTA rewrite. Trump had a media event, he released a wish list about how to fix NAFTA and that was the end of it. NAFTA has not been renegotiated nor is anyone trying to.

The only thing thus far you could credit him for is Gorsuch...other than that, the tub of lard is obviously growing bored with the job and wants nothing to do with it other than to get his daily narcissistic supply from the public.
Ok. Not disagreeing. If you've read my recent posts I've said so much that he pretty much has done nothing. Unless he cleans up his act and takes more initiative I will be voting for his primary opponent in 2020.

Is it laziness that he is deferring to the generals? Probably. But am I upset that the generals are taking control? Of course not.

Saint, it's crystal clear from every story about foreign policy decisions coming out of the White House,  as well as FROM TRUMP'S OWN MOUTH that he genuinely, sincerely believes he knows more than the generals and is more interested in telling them what he thinks should be done (despite having zero knowledge or experience) rather than listening and absorbing counsel.

This is from a TRUMP STATE DEPARTMENT SPOKESMAN! Consider the source. What's he going to say? "President Trump has personally directed battlefield planning down to the platoon level for every step of this engagement"? (Well, actually they might, but they're not there QUITE yet).

C'mon man. Obama was smart enough to give the generals leeway to do what they needed. The best that can be realistically said of Trump is he hasn't cared enough to try fu#%ing things up by changing course.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies