CNN: 26 Million Reasons Why Pelosi Isn't Going Anywhere (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:18:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CNN: 26 Million Reasons Why Pelosi Isn't Going Anywhere (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CNN: 26 Million Reasons Why Pelosi Isn't Going Anywhere  (Read 2366 times)
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: August 08, 2017, 12:54:15 PM »

I'm referring to her recent Sunday show interview on Fox with Chris Wallace.

She's 77 and has done her part (and NO, the agenda of the last Democratic congress did not reverse any significant macroeconomic trends that have been the norm from the 1980's to today; ergo that agenda shouldn't even be spoken in the same breath as the Great Society or the New Deal). Her unfavorability rating is near or worse than Donald Trump's and no amount of fundraising can make up for that (and as Kingnapoleon mentioned: there's numerous other Democrats in the House who could do a better job so why is she House Speaker again?)

I'm not aware of that interview.

I understand where you're coming from, but I don't agree with you. First of all, without Nancy Pelosi, I'm almost certain the ACA would not have become law. Secondly, the House during the 2009-2010 session moved some of the most progressive legislation since the Great Society. She passed the EFCA, cap-and-trade, and a far better healthcare form bill through the House. The House healthcare bill was far more expansive, including a public option and a larger Medicaid expansion. And now, the public paradigm has largely shifted to the view that healthcare is now a right. We call it Obamacare, but Pelosi had just as much influence (if not more) in its passage.

But 2009-2010 was eons ago.

She's been moot since the 2014 midterms on getting anything done.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies