Petition seeks to stop Brigitte Macron from being official first lady of France
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:39:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Petition seeks to stop Brigitte Macron from being official first lady of France
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Petition seeks to stop Brigitte Macron from being official first lady of France  (Read 600 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 08, 2017, 12:40:58 AM »

http://www.france24.com/en/20170807-petition-seeks-stop-brigitte-macron-official-first-lady-france-emmanuelle

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 12:56:55 AM »

lol, snowflakes will be snowflakes
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 03:01:23 AM »

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 03:19:12 AM »

This petition is more about opposing "formalizing" the role with giving the First Lady additional funds and staff, than anything else. I disagree with this because being a President's spouse is a full-time job and with first ladies usually not being allowed to purse their own professional careers during husband's term, some recognition is due.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 09:09:12 PM »

This petition is more about opposing "formalizing" the role with giving the First Lady additional funds and staff, than anything else. I disagree with this because being a President's spouse is a full-time job and with first ladies usually not being allowed to purse their own professional careers during husband's term, some recognition is due.
My objections are naught as far as a marriage, two people with complete trust and a decrease in potential for major personal conflicts, working together to lead a country - the supreme issue is the potential thereof for nepotic corruption.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 06:08:39 AM »

My objections are naught as far as a marriage, two people with complete trust and a decrease in potential for major personal conflicts, working together to lead a country - the supreme issue is the potential thereof for nepotic corruption.

Well, what can you do, force a mandatory divorce during term in office? You don't need to have any official status as first spouse to be in the position of influence.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2017, 05:19:44 PM »

Well, what can you do, force a mandatory divorce during term in office? You don't need to have any official status as first spouse to be in the position of influence.
I think the best example we have of a proper relationship is Gerald and Betty Ford, as their combined campaigns against alcoholism and promoting increased scanning for and discussion of breast cancer may have saved millions upon millions of lives. That's a lot more important than anything any other spouse of a political leader has ever done.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies