Hillary Clinton might go into ministry
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:50:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Hillary Clinton might go into ministry
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Hillary Clinton might go into ministry  (Read 3126 times)
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2017, 05:13:55 PM »

Maybe if she didn't lie as much, wasn't as corrupt, and was more pro-religious freedom (+ more we don't know about) this would make sense.

Hopefully, if she does it, she reforms herself.

What would your response be if this was Trump going into ministry?
I never implied he is any more religious. If collusion is proven, I would also express disapproval that someone corrupt would do that as well. He lies more than he should, so that's also frowned upon. However, just like I said with Hillary, if he would reform himself and seek forgiveness, then that would be great.

So that would be my response: pretty much the same.

Just FYI:  Trump has literally said that there is nothing he has done in his life in which he needs to ask forgiveness.  Hillary, at least in public, is much more in line with Christ's teachings than is Trump.
I know he hasn't. I read the news. And that last part is debatable.

So to repeat my point, if both of them were to become ministers and seek forgiveness that would be great

He literally said that he doesn't ask God for forgiveness last year. Look it up.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2017, 05:43:39 PM »

Maybe if she didn't lie as much, wasn't as corrupt, and was more pro-religious freedom (+ more we don't know about) this would make sense.

I never implied he is any more religious. If collusion is proven, I would also express disapproval that someone corrupt would do that as well. He lies more than he should, so that's also frowned upon. However, just like I said with Hillary, if he would reform himself and seek forgiveness, then that would be great.

Just FYI:  Trump has literally said that there is nothing he has done in his life in which he needs to ask forgiveness.  Hillary, at least in public, is much more in line with Christ's teachings than is Trump.

So to repeat my point, if both of them were to become ministers and seek forgiveness that would be great

He literally said that he doesn't ask God for forgiveness last year. Look it up.
I. Know. That. For the third time, I KNOW THAT. I'm talking  about a hypothetical that will most likely not happen.

Anybody else wanna lecture me on the same point for the fourth time?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2017, 06:08:02 PM »

God is Dead.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2017, 06:13:25 PM »

Just FYI:  Trump has literally said that there is nothing he has done in his life in which he needs to ask forgiveness.  Hillary, at least in public, is much more in line with Christ's teachings than is Trump.

A lot of people don't need anything to be forgiven.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2017, 07:30:35 PM »

A lot of people don't need anything to be forgiven.

No, only one mortal is that, and he got crucified a good two millennia and some change ago. Try again.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2017, 08:06:39 PM »

I took a nap today and I dreamt about "Hillary Clinton, itinerant preacher," going from congressional district to congressional district. 
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2017, 09:28:10 PM »

Out of all the political Methodists, she's not too qualified to be a minister. However, I wish her luck in spreading the principles of Methodism and tending to her flock.

Besides Potus and me, are there any other Methodists on Atlas?

I was raised Methodist, and I suppose I would still identify as such.

Out of all the political Methodists, she's not too qualified to be a minister. However, I wish her luck in spreading the principles of Methodism and tending to her flock.

Besides Potus and me, are there any other Methodists on Atlas?

My wife was raised Methodist

Ah, good. I continue to be surprised at the ideological, racial, and geographical variety of the Methodist Church.

In the Methodist Church, we refrain from politics as much as possible. I'm saddened that we still hold votes on abortion and same sex marriage.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2017, 10:01:58 PM »

White Evangelicals use religion to justify white supremacy, capitalism, and imperialism.

One of Trump's evangelical advisors said God has given Trump the authority to take out Kim Jong Un.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/evangelical-adviser-trump-nuke-north-korea_us_598a62b3e4b0449ed5066531

They are utter trash.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2017, 10:14:45 PM »

Amazing how for so many posters there is literally, utterly, nothing whatsoever Under the Sun that will keep them from being pissed off at Hillary Clinton. He or she considers actually joining the ministry. Becoming a freaking minister! And people are still pissed off in snarking over it. Un-freakin'- believable
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2017, 10:33:28 PM »

Amazing how for so many posters there is literally, utterly, nothing whatsoever Under the Sun that will keep them from being pissed off at Hillary Clinton. He or she considers actually joining the ministry. Becoming a freaking minister! And people are still pissed off in snarking over it. Un-freakin'- believable

My sympathies to you, but there is basically no love for Hillary Clinton on Atlas. Even those who voted for her mostly fall into at least one of these three categories:

1. Held their nose while voting for her
2. Preferred Sanders over her
3. Voted for her because they always vote Dem, not because of anything specifically about her
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2017, 10:52:08 PM »

My sympathies to you, but there is basically no love for Hillary Clinton on Atlas. Even those who voted for her mostly fall into at least one of these three categories:

3. Voted for her because they always vote Dem, not because of anything specifically about her

I don't have any particular great love for Hillary Clinton either, wulfric. I'm just far far far more annoyed by people who instinctively knee-jerk despise her regardless of how positively or negatively she actually acts in real life
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2017, 08:47:21 AM »

Still more popular than you.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2017, 08:50:53 AM »

Good for her, but I just can't really picture her doing this. She was not really a charismatic speaker. She sometimes sounded awkward and made stupid unfunny jokes. Maybe off the campaign trail she will sound more genuine. But I hope this works out for her.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2017, 11:43:25 AM »

Still more popular than you.

Actually we're about equal, with me just barely ahead.

Hillary Atlas Favorability: 38.9% : https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=259602.0

My Atlas Favorability: 40.3: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=231840.0

Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies