Hillary Clinton might go into ministry
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:50:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Hillary Clinton might go into ministry
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Hillary Clinton might go into ministry  (Read 3131 times)
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2017, 09:05:50 AM »

Maybe if she didn't lie as much, wasn't as corrupt, and was more pro-religious freedom (+ more we don't know about) this would make sense.

Hopefully, if she does it, she reforms herself.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2017, 09:16:08 AM »
« Edited: August 09, 2017, 09:17:41 AM by jphp »

It's funny how she was the most religious candidate in the 2016 election yet evangelicals creamed their pants harder than ever for Trump.

That's because those evangelicals are not actually Christians.  They pretend to be, but it's an Americanized version of Christianity that is distorted from the actual religion.

These are the same people who believe Jesus was not a brown person.  They believe in "eye for an eye" rather than "turn the other cheek."  The do not support caring for the homeless, the sick, or the downtrodden--but instead hold the attitude of something along the lines of, "it's their own fault they're in the situations they're in."  They have politicized their religion with a notion that only one side values them, and only one side mirrors them, when in fact that same side does neither and in many cases opposes their supposed beliefs.  The religious right is a political movement that has nothing to do with actual spirituality.  They claim a high ground, and claim to be a forgiving people when in fact they are not at all--unless you are one of them.

They support so many things in direct contradiction to the religion to pretend to believe in, and they're all too blind to see it.

I say all of this as a Christian myself.

Donald Trump was the least Christian candidate running in 2016, yet most Christians voted for him.  That tells you everything you need to know about American Christians in the current day.  Simply put, they are not actually Christians.

^^^This. Also as a dedicated Jesus-follower myself. Though I won't claim to know their status on actual belief in Christ. But they truly struggle to grasp the important thing: his teachings.

They are the spiritual successors of the Pharisees. All of Matthew 23 is excellent.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

There's a lot more in the same vein. Hillary prays in the closet, yet lets her faith shine so people can see it. Trump prays loudly in the temple, but his actions show that it's hollow. Here's an excellent article on her faith, though it is from before the election, so a bit dated on the question it asks.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2017, 09:45:43 AM »

Out of all the political Methodists, she's not too qualified to be a minister. However, I wish her luck in spreading the principles of Methodism and tending to her flock.

Besides Potus and me, are there any other Methodists on Atlas?

My wife was raised Methodist
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2017, 09:53:11 AM »

I respect her, and have been impressed at her talking about faith in the past, but she lost the Christian vote because she never even really asked for our vote.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2017, 09:54:03 AM »

Interesting. The more I learn about Hillary, the more of an interesting person she becomes.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2017, 09:56:54 AM »
« Edited: August 09, 2017, 09:59:23 AM by Grumpy Gramps (the Original) »

So this rag mag is the only source of this news?  Lol. #Covefefe
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2017, 10:36:57 AM »

Maybe if she didn't lie as much, wasn't as corrupt, and was more pro-religious freedom (+ more we don't know about) this would make sense.

What would your response be if this was Trump going into ministry?
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2017, 10:43:44 AM »
« Edited: August 09, 2017, 10:45:20 AM by The Saint »

I never implied he is any more religious. If collusion is proven, I would also express disapproval that someone corrupt would do that as well. He lies more than he should, so that's also frowned upon. However, just like I said with Hillary, if he would reform himself and seek forgiveness, then that would be great.

So that would be my response: pretty much the same.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2017, 10:52:17 AM »

People are inconsistent and double standards exist. In other news, water is wet.

Aren't you ultimately seeking to force others to accept your worldview when you advocate ANY political position?

There's a BIG difference between encouraging/persuading and forcing.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2017, 11:47:20 AM »

I'm not going to get into the female pastors debate as I believe both sides have excellent arguments and trust church leadership to make an informed decision. I will however state that I believe it is very destructive to any church to have a pastor who enthusiastically endorses partial birth abortion and the repeal of the Hyde Amendment, and therefore Clinton should find something else to do.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2017, 11:53:45 AM »

Also, if Hillary were such a devout Christian, she would know what the Bible says about female pastors (see 1 Timothy 2:12).

She is a Methodist, and Methodists don't agree with that interpretation of Christianity.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2017, 12:14:18 PM »

Do they take people that drop the F bomb in almost every sentence?
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2017, 12:16:37 PM »

So this rag mag is the only source of this news?  Lol. #Covefefe

No, The Atlantic mentions it as well.

Personally, I think Hillary should do whatever she wants (I would prefer she not run for president again though), and if she wants to be a Methodist minister, good luck to her.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2017, 12:30:08 PM »

I see that all Americans are religious whackos
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2017, 12:35:35 PM »

She needs to go into retirement and stay there. Hike more with Bill and stop thinking you are THE person Hillary. That's what's wrong with the Clintons.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2017, 01:14:11 PM »

She needs to go into retirement and stay there. Hike more with Bill and stop thinking you are THE person Hillary. That's what's wrong with the Clintons.

Yeah. F-cking Clintons with their lifetime of public service and still wanting to serve the public. C-nts.
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2017, 01:28:39 PM »

I love how much Hillary triggers the right wingers on this site

They turn into a big fat mess

I'm not even right wing, it seems like Hillary triggers the left on Atlas more than the right. HRC should retire and get out of the spotlight in all fashions, to give way to the younger generation of Dem pols, that was the point I was trying to make.
Suburban Republican
omelott
Israel

« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2017, 01:31:31 PM »

Good. Maybe it'll keep her out of politics.
vanguard96
United States

« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2017, 01:51:48 PM »

I thought this was a joke at first. Interesting. If it keeps her out of politics that would be good.

Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2017, 02:50:39 PM »

I never implied he is any more religious. If collusion is proven, I would also express disapproval that someone corrupt would do that as well. He lies more than he should, so that's also frowned upon. However, just like I said with Hillary, if he would reform himself and seek forgiveness, then that would be great.

Just FYI:  Trump has literally said that there is nothing he has done in his life in which he needs to ask forgiveness.  Hillary, at least in public, is much more in line with Christ's teachings than is Trump.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2017, 02:53:22 PM »

Just FYI:  Trump has literally said that there is nothing he has done in his life in which he needs to ask forgiveness.  Hillary, at least in public, is much more in line with Christ's teachings than is Trump.
I know he hasn't. I read the news. And that last part is debatable.

So to repeat my point, if both of them were to become ministers and seek forgiveness that would be great
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2017, 03:27:24 PM »

I love how much Hillary triggers the right wingers on this site

They turn into a big fat mess

I'm not even right wing, it seems like Hillary triggers the left on Atlas more than the right. HRC should retire and get out of the spotlight in all fashions, to give way to the younger generation of Dem pols, that was the point I was trying to make.
How is becoming a minister putting herself in the spotlight at the expense of younger Dem pols?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2017, 03:42:58 PM »

So to repeat my point, if both of them were to become ministers and seek forgiveness that would be great

There is a zero chance that trump would become a minister .... ZERO.
So let's stop making it sound like there is even a remote chance that the Pussy Grabber would give himself to God's work and seek "forgiveness."
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2017, 03:47:08 PM »

There is a zero chance that trump would become a minister .... ZERO.
So let's stop making it sound like there is even a remote chance that the Pussy Grabber would give himself to God's work and seek "forgiveness."
What the hell are you talking about? Of course he won't become a minister. Hillary probably won't either. I wouldn't be surprised if this was all fake from Hillary. I was just answering a question.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2017, 05:07:41 PM »

It's funny how she was the most religious candidate in the 2016 election yet evangelicals creamed their pants harder than ever for Trump.

That's because those evangelicals are not actually Christians.  They pretend to be, but it's an Americanized version of Christianity that is distorted from the actual religion.

These are the same people who believe Jesus was not a brown person.  They believe in "eye for an eye" rather than "turn the other cheek."  The do not support caring for the homeless, the sick, or the downtrodden--but instead hold the attitude of something along the lines of, "it's their own fault they're in the situations they're in."  They have politicized their religion with a notion that only one side values them, and only one side mirrors them, when in fact that same side does neither and in many cases opposes their supposed beliefs.  The religious right is a political movement that has nothing to do with actual spirituality.  They claim a high ground, and claim to be a forgiving people when in fact they are not at all--unless you are one of them.

They support so many things in direct contradiction to the religion to pretend to believe in, and they're all too blind to see it.

I say all of this as a Christian myself.

Donald Trump was the least Christian candidate running in 2016, yet most Christians voted for him.  That tells you everything you need to know about American Christians in the current day.  Simply put, they are not actually Christians.

QFT. This is the best post I've read on this site in a long time.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies