Hillary Clinton might go into ministry (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:11:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Hillary Clinton might go into ministry (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hillary Clinton might go into ministry  (Read 3156 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

« on: August 08, 2017, 11:13:53 PM »

She was always the more Christian candidate at the core of her self, but the Evangelicals voted for Trump.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 11:53:55 PM »
« Edited: August 09, 2017, 12:01:07 AM by Beet »

What's infuriating is how so many Evangelicals felt they had to vote for Trump due to abortion. When it's pointed out that the Bible doesn't mention abortion, you are pointed to the Apocrypha. Okay, supposing that is the rejoinder... still, it leaves the fact that out of 750,000 words inspired by God, he felt not the need to mention 'abortion' a single time, so what is God's priority on it? Does anyone really think that when God was writing/inspiring the Bible, he thought to himself, "Well, I've reached 750,000 words, and I really want to include a prohibition on abortion, but one more verse would just be too long."  And that ignores things like the fact that the Biblical punishment for causing a miscarriage is explicitly less than homicide, which would go against the pro-life mantra that a full person is formed at conception. Nor has the Catholic Church's position been consistent; both St. Augustine and Thomas Aquinas identified a point after conception as when personhood began. The current Catholic Church's position dates to Pius IX, who was reportedly under pressure from Napoleon III to increase France's birth rate due to fears of the larger German population. It's one thing to be pro-life, but how anyone can justify putting that above all else based on Scripture alone seems absurd.

(That being said, I do find my hard pro-choice views softening lately. The prospect of what's going on in the international arena is sobering, with the respect to any potential cavalier ethics about loss of life.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies