MA-3: After Tsongas (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:58:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MA-3: After Tsongas (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA-3: After Tsongas  (Read 6558 times)
McGovernForPrez

« on: August 11, 2017, 02:27:07 PM »

Really hoping we can get a more liberal democrat in there. Nikki Tsongas was never my least favorite MA Dem but I don't find her to be a particularly good congresswoman.
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 11:22:53 AM »

Really hoping we can get a more liberal democrat in there. Nikki Tsongas was never my least favorite MA Dem but I don't find her to be a particularly good congresswoman.

If she's not liberal enough for you, you'd have really hated her late husband.
Not a huge Tsongas fan. I'll take what I can get but this district can easily be won by a strong progressive.
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 11:28:07 AM »

For all the people thinking a progressive candidate could lose this seat look at Jim McGovern's district. He's a very liberal congressman in one of our most conservative districts. Even in the 2010 wave he was barely threatened.
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 05:56:59 PM »

Gross. I already don't like that Walsh is my Mayor nevermind him trying to extend his influence even further.
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2017, 07:41:23 AM »

I'm 100% on board with him. If only he was a better fundraiser. His message is so obscenely strong if he could just get it out there and stick with it.

On a different note, there's only one MA district where running a more progressive candidate could really hurt Democrats and that's Bill Keating's district. It's the most historically Republican district we have and even then it'd still be at least likely D in this climate.
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 02:55:17 PM »

Having lived in this district: the issue with nominating a candidate substantially to the left of Tsongas isn't that they'd risk losing to a moderate Republican. Rather, it's simply that the Democratic primary voters in the district wouldn't want a candidate like that. As some have alluded to earlier in the thread, the Democrats here are moderate/pragmatic types. In fact, we can realistically expect a nominee less liberal than Tsongas.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Generally I agree, but I could see a progressive type breaking through in a crowded primary.

Does anyone know how liberal Koh is? I've been assuming that he's basically where Tsongas is politically, but I have no idea.
If I had to guess I'd say he's probably about as liberal as Marty Walsh. Apparently he's very numbers motivated if I remember correctly. I really don't like the idea of Marty extending his influence but I'd be OK if Koh were the nominee as there are many worse Democrats we could nominate to fill the position.
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2018, 02:52:02 PM »

https://www.uml.edu/docs/3rd-primary-topline_tcm18-290469.pdf
New poll shows Rufus Gifford, former ambassador to Denmark, in the lead with 11% but majority of voters undecided. Dem/Indy voters also strongly disapprove of Trump, but strongly approve of Warren/Baker.

Hilarious how Dan Koh has raised $2.5 million for this race but he can't even crack 5%.
It's because a Marty goon. Marty is trying to test his brand for winning higher office statewide.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies