The Winds of Change: The Presidency of Eugene Joseph McCarthy (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:44:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Winds of Change: The Presidency of Eugene Joseph McCarthy (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How would you prefer I unveil McCarthy's cabinet?
A infobox

A list

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 8

Author Topic: The Winds of Change: The Presidency of Eugene Joseph McCarthy  (Read 13485 times)
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« on: August 13, 2017, 01:52:04 AM »

Before I go on, I'd just like to know, how many people would like to see this timeline go on?

I totally would.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 01:58:16 PM »

America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 02:28:07 AM »

Great updates. Curious to see what happens in the debate.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 03:34:34 AM »

Vice President Nixon, this question goes out to you. In recent weeks, Senator McCarthy has attacked you, with a good amount of success, for a statement you made in 1954 where you allegedly supported American involvement in Vietnam saying that this statement, along with the fact you started your career as a staunch anti-communist, is evidence that your opposition to President Johnson's Vietnam policy is simply a political calculation, and that you will not withdraw American soldiers from Vietnam. What do you say in response to this?

Let me clear something up. Supporting American involvement in Vietnam is not the same as supporting putting American's in harms way. We can support the fight against the Viet Cong while opposing putting boots on the ground, as I do. Second, people must understand, I did say we could potentially put troops on the ground in Vietnam, but I said we should avoid that if all possible, and that we should exhaust all other options before putting Americans in harms way. President Johnson did not exhaust all options before putting Americans in harms way, so comparing my statement to President Johnson's Vietnam policy is highly misleading. Third, I am frankly offended that Senator McCarthy believes that my concern for the well being of Americans is insincere. To anyone watching this debate, I can assure you that yes, I really do care about the well being of Americans. And Lastly, if my opponent is so concerned with purity, and thinks that anyone who ever supported American intervention in Vietnam is insincere in their opposition to President Johnson's Vietnam policy and will not withdraw American troops from Vietnam, then I would like to introduce him to one Senator Eugene McCarthy of Minnesota. This Senator, after voting for the Gulf of Tonkin resolution and strongly supporting the President's agenda, sensed the political winds and began to criticize the same President he had supported his whole career. Clearly, this Senator is simply pulling America's collective leg, and if, purely hypothetically, he became President, he would obviously not withdraw our troops from Vietnam.

Frankly, Nixon is winning right now Tongue Great debate!
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 04:12:25 AM »

Great TL, curious about the rest of the results! My favorite part is probably election night, it's very well-written.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies