Is CARLHAYDEN a Democrat?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:04:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Is CARLHAYDEN a Democrat?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Poll
Question: Is CARLHAYDEN a Democrat?
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 37

Author Topic: Is CARLHAYDEN a Democrat?  (Read 4101 times)
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2005, 03:09:42 PM »

Yup. Grin Please turn yourself in to the nearest firing squad if you do not wish to serve the Motherland. Thank you for your cooperation. Kiki
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2005, 03:20:25 PM »

Yup. Grin Please turn yourself in to the nearest firing squad if you do not wish to serve the Motherland. Thank you for your cooperation. Kiki

Comrade WMS I ordered the shooting of seventy-five Enemies of The Proletariat today
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2005, 03:22:58 PM »

Comrade WMS I ordered the shooting of seventy-five Enemies of The Proletariat today

Good work Comrade! Keep up the efforts and True Revolutionary Democratic Communist People's Solidarity is within reach! Wink
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2005, 06:36:37 PM »
« Edited: August 19, 2005, 06:48:09 PM by phknrocket1k »

CARLHAYDEN calling himself a Democrat makes about as much sense as BRTD calling himself a Republican.

He probably didn't get the memo in the 1960s.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2005, 07:29:01 PM »

So, was there some "memo' you received saying the Democrat party should turn into the Communist party?

Seems like a lot of Democrats didn't get that "memo."

Just who was it from?

bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2005, 07:56:36 PM »

No offense, but I really--other than may say illegal immigration--don't see any ideological views voiced by carl that would make him fall under the Republican Banner (The only real people that are pushing a similar view overall are the Tancredo types)...I don't see what makes him a Democrat either...but maybe regional issues out in the SW are different.

The only reason why it seems the "Democrats" don't think he's one of em is that Carl doesn't seem to have a deep seeded hatred for Bush (theres a joke here somewhere) and doesn't feel the need to be a hysterical partisan.

I can kind of sympathize
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2005, 08:04:48 PM »

No offense, but I really--other than may say illegal immigration--don't see any ideological views voiced by carl that would make him fall under the Republican Banner (The only real people that are pushing a similar view overall are the Tancredo types)...I don't see what makes him a Democrat either...but maybe regional issues out in the SW are different.

The only reason why it seems the "Democrats" don't think he's one of em is that Carl doesn't seem to have a deep seeded hatred for Bush (theres a joke here somewhere) and doesn't feel the need to be a hysterical partisan.

I can kind of sympathize

Just because you Republicans don't want him either doesn't make him a Democrat.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2005, 08:06:24 PM »

I can kind of sympathize

I'd be happy to have CarlHayden as a Republican, but he chooses to be a Democrat.
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2005, 08:07:20 PM »

I vote yes.  The fact that this kind of topic is up is kindof upsetting, though; why should anyone be interrogated as to what they believe themselves to be?  Oh, and there is no AZ poster with a red avatar, Carl...  Maybe it's time to create one for yourself.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2005, 08:07:56 PM »

I can kind of sympathize

Hah...many R's on this board question my Republican credentials...so its probably unfair to have my comments represent the "party" as a whole.

His ideology aside, I wouldn't mind Hayden joining our big tent...I generally don't let ideology get in the way of intelligence/level headedness
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2005, 08:14:33 PM »

Hah...many R's on this board question my Republican credentials...so its probably unfair to have my comments represent the "party" as a whole.

His ideology aside, I wouldn't mind Hayden joining our big tent...I generally don't let ideology get in the way of intelligence/level headedness

There's a certain middle political ground where a person could fit into either party.  I'm a bit to the right of that territory, but I could maybe have fit into the Democratic party a few decades ago.  In fact, my entire family was Democratic until 1-2 generations ago.

I actually like to talk to people who are thoughful about issues and can deal with one issue at a time without excessive ideological rigidity.  I even get aggravated by Republicans who are excessive ideologically rigid, to the point where they can't judge facts outside the boundaries of ideology.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2005, 08:16:12 PM »

There's a certain middle political ground where a person could fit into either party.  I'm a bit to the right of that territory, but I could maybe have fit into the Democratic party a few decades ago.  In fact, my entire family was Democratic until 1-2 generations ago.

I actually like to talk to people who are thoughful about issues and can deal with one issue at a time without excessive ideological rigidity.  I even get aggravated by Republicans who are excessive ideologically rigid, to the point where they can't judge facts outside the boundaries of ideology.

The Democratic party is the big tent party. Zell Miller had an ACU rating of 96 last year.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2005, 08:20:17 PM »

The Democratic party is the big tent party. Zell Miller had an ACU rating of 96 last year.

If you don't consider CarlHayden a Democrat, I doubt you consider Zell Miller one.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2005, 08:21:52 PM »

If you don't consider CarlHayden a Democrat, I doubt you consider Zell Miller one.

Obviously they're both in the wrong party. Hell, even Allen had only a 92.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2005, 08:34:08 PM »

Obviously they're both in the wrong party. Hell, even Allen had only a 92.

If the Democrats only had people of which you approved, the party would have about 10% of the population.  You should be very glad that your party has been able to hold onto a few moderates and conservatives.  Otherwise, the Democrats would be losing worse than they already have been.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2005, 08:39:41 PM »

Agreed, I'm glad that neither party has a "litmus test" for membership.  

BTW, I've never question your Reoublicanness.  :-)
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2005, 08:43:03 PM »

Agreed, I'm glad that neither party has a "litmus test" for membership.  

BTW, I've never question your Republicanness.  :-)

Neither have I.

People who say that CarlHayden is at the opposite end of the spectrum from someone like BRTD or jfern have a very skewed view of things.  CarlHayden, as well as bullmoose88 are about in the middle, and could probably belong to either party.  Someone like Richius or StatesRights are closer to being the opposite end of the spectrum to BRTD or jfern, though I don't think either Richius or StatesRights is as extreme as the other two.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2005, 08:46:33 PM »
« Edited: August 19, 2005, 08:52:51 PM by phknrocket1k »

CARLHAYDEN calling himself a Democrat makes about as much sense as BRTD calling himself a Republican.

Who the hell are you -or anyone else- to decide who is or is not a Democrat?  People like you are the reason why the Democratic Party is out of power -perhaps for decades if you get your way.  We achieved majority status during the Great Depression because we were willing to make alliances with various disparate constituencies, from the urban North to the South.  For you and for anyone else to claim that CarlHayden -as a conservative Democrat- does not belong in the Democratic Party simply because he doesn't see eye-to-eye with you on every issue is the height of arrogance and a surefire way of ensuring that the Democratic Party is to remain a minority party for generations to come.

If he isn't a Democrat, in your eyes, neither am I.  Or Ben, or Virginian, or Cosmo Kramer, or thefactor, or a host of other moderate-to-conservative Democrats on this forum, not to mention in real-life.  

Well whats the point to partisan politics if both parties are forced and obligated to have people from every dot on the political spectrum?

Here's something simple for you dumbass, liberal = Democrat, religous-conservative = Republican.

Here, I'v decided to move further left and join the GOP.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2005, 08:54:03 PM »

Who the hell are you -or anyone else- to decide who is or is not a Democrat?  People like you are the reason why the Democratic Party is out of power -perhaps for decades if you get your way.  We achieved majority status during the Great Depression because we were willing to make alliances with various disparate constituencies, from the urban North to the South.  For you and for anyone else to claim that CarlHayden -as a conservative Democrat- does not belong in the Democratic Party simply because he doesn't see eye-to-eye with you on every issue is the height of arrogance and a surefire way of ensuring that the Democratic Party is to remain a minority party for generations to come.

If he isn't a Democrat, in your eyes, neither am I.  Or Ben, or Virginian, or Cosmo Kramer, or thefactor, or a host of other moderate-to-conservative Democrats on this forum, not to mention in real-life.  

Well whats the point to partisan politics if both parties are forced and obligated to have people from every dot on the political spectrum?

Here's something simple for you dumbass, liberal = Democrat, religous-conservative = Republican; moderates = appeasers.

Here, I'v decided to move further left and join the GOP.

Good -In fact I'd be more content if you'd join whatever Marxist parties are out there, fool.   

Ever understand the concept of dualism dumbass?

What Marxists want to allow illegal immigration to lower inflation rates?
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2005, 09:10:53 PM »

So, was there some "memo' you received saying the Democrat party should turn into the Communist party?

Religous-Conservative = Republican
Liberal = Democrat

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Compare South Carolina in 1936 to South Carolina in 1972, believe me they all got the memo. But you and Zell Miller haven't apparantly yet.

Re-alignment election perhaps?

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2005, 09:59:07 PM »

If he isn't a Democrat, in your eyes, neither am I.  Or Ben, or Virginian, or Cosmo Kramer, or thefactor, or a host of other moderate-to-conservative Democrats on this forum, not to mention in real-life. 

No, the people you mention actually supported Kerry and actually say positive things about Democrats who have ACU scores below 50.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2005, 12:46:28 AM »

Religous-Conservative = Republican
Liberal = Democrat

Compare South Carolina in 1936 to South Carolina in 1972, believe me they all got the memo. But you and Zell Miller haven't apparantly yet.

Re-alignment election perhaps?

Well now, lets look at three elements of your post:

First, in 1936 the Democrat party nominee for President received 60.80 percent of the national popular vote whereas in 1972 the Democrat nominee for President received 37.52 percent of the national popular vote.  You may prefer McGovern, but, FDR, with all his faults, was in my eyes far more reasonable.

As to the Democrat party simply becomes the party of liberals, please note that Harris (who was the pollster for John F. Kennedy in 1960) indicates that self-identified liberals constituted only 18 percent of the electorate in 2004. 

As to religion, Gallup did a poll in May pf 2004 in which they asked the respondents if they "Believe in God".  The response is as follows:

Believe in God      90 percent
Not Sure                5
Don't Believe         4
No Opinion             1

So, if the Democrat party is to be comprised only of those who prefer McGovern to FDR, are liberals and don't believe in god, you get a really tiny group.

CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2005, 11:14:30 PM »

Hmm.

My previous post was made approximately twenty three hours ago.

So, not response.

I do note that the poster to whom I responded started a thread on setting up a litmus test for party membership.

Check and you'll see most posters disagree with the idea.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2005, 11:28:26 PM »

Yes, he is. Anybody who defends themself being a Democrat for 5 pages is a Democrat.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #74 on: August 20, 2005, 11:34:27 PM »

Oh!  BRTD's name is Better Red that Dead.  That makes a world of difference.  This implies that he wants dead commies.  Ha, and here I am the whole time thinking he supported Communism, silly me.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies