Five Black Lives Matter protesters shot in Minneapolis
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:57:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Five Black Lives Matter protesters shot in Minneapolis
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Five Black Lives Matter protesters shot in Minneapolis  (Read 2529 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2017, 01:50:39 AM »

Glad to see justice was served. Shooting the protesters was the wrong thing to do.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2017, 04:17:25 AM »

Glad to see justice was served. Shooting the protesters was the wrong thing to do.

Incredibly brave statement. Glad someone said it.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2017, 08:35:04 AM »

Well there were people in this thread defending the shooting...

The guy's self defense argument was basically destroyed by his text messages, including one where he bragged his gun was designed to kill blacks with one shot. I think this was the reverse of a tactic Antifa often uses, go counter protest, anger the protesters, get some to confront you, beat them up (shoot in this case), and claim self defense.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2017, 01:02:25 AM »

Like everything else that Black Lives Matter protestors throw out there, this story is falling apart as people actually get the facts.

what are you even talking about

The footage of the white counter-protestors being assaulted?

ah, yes

assaulting white supremacists (scummy people, but i'll call it assault because justice is supposed to be blind) clearly calls for fycking shooting people.

And... Somebody fails to understand the basic principle of escalation.

If twenty people attack me and three friends, and we are armed, should we attempt to shoot non-fatal shots? Or should we allow ourselves to be potentially permanently disabled or even beaten to death?

This thread is a fine example of people who get news so fast that it spreads around, and everyone immediately condones the "bad guys". Life's not so black and white, and we're quite lucky our legal system doesn't work that way. That said, I believe in the due process of our legal system, and I trust that the end result is right far more often than the court of public opinion or the court of my own opinion.
TheLeftwardTide
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2017, 01:29:27 PM »

I hear the line "BLM is a terrorist organization" way too often. I'm not a fan of BLM but anyone who believes this unironically can go eat s**t. White supremacist organizations are still much more of a threat to personal security than the worst black nationalists.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies