New Republic: The Malicious Politics of Millennial-Bashing (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:24:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  New Republic: The Malicious Politics of Millennial-Bashing (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of this article?
FA

HA

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 34

Author Topic: New Republic: The Malicious Politics of Millennial-Bashing  (Read 2295 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« on: August 10, 2017, 01:53:58 PM »

This new article is definitely something to contribute to this thread:

http://nymag.com/scienceofus/2017/04/two-types-of-millennials.html

Old Millennials, as I’ll call them, who were born around 1988 or earlier (meaning they’re 29 and older today), really have lived substantively different lives than Young Millennials, who were born around 1989 or later, as a result of two epochal events that occurred around the time when members of the older group were mostly young adults and when members of the younger were mostly early adolescents: the financial crisis and smartphones’ profound takeover of society.

This is exactly how I often feel.

I was born in 1988. I was last in public High School in 2004. We didn't have texting or IPhones or YouTube or Twitter or Facebook or even MySpace. I got my first computer when I was 13. I got my first cell phone when I was 18.

Contrast that with my 20-year old girlfriend, just eight years younger than me but also considered to be a "millennial", and it's like two-different planets. I might as well be 70 years old.

That's also because you have the political views and actually act like a 70 year old. You also came from what I remember is a not well off family. My family wasn't upper middle class but we weren't ever in financial issue, we learned computers in kindergarten in the early 90s, had a computer in the late 90s. Class has a lot to do with it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies