Trump keeps going after Mitch McConnel on twitter
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:46:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump keeps going after Mitch McConnel on twitter
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Trump keeps going after Mitch McConnel on twitter  (Read 1048 times)
Coraxion
Ethiopia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2017, 11:15:51 PM »

Well, to be fair, he has a point.  The GOP sorta backed themselves into a corner on this one, a corner of their own making.  But first, that's not Trump's problem.  And second, I still would've expected McConnell, for all his congressional wizardry and reputation as some brilliant tactician, to be able to get through at least an "Obamacare-lite" bill that just cosmetically tinkered with a few things, but didn't really do much substantively, so that the GOP could point to something as a "win," and then make up some gobbledygook about how it changed everything (whether it actually did, is not the point).

But McConnell couldn't even manage that.  As it is rapidly becoming apparent, he was a much better minority leader than majority.

Also, I don't get the point that he's burning his own house down, or that this will depress the base.  The base couldn't care less about McConnell- their view in regards to him is, if anything, actually somewhat negative.  You think any hardcore Trump supporter, after sticking with him over the past couple years, after all the attacks that have already come out about Trump, after all the things that been revealed about Trump, you think this is the straw that breaks the camel's back?  Now is the time this supporter finally goes, "Well that's it!  I'm voting D now!  How dare he!"

Please.

There's pretty much nothing McConnell can do to him that hadn't already been done during the campaigns, and Trump knows it.

It's not about voting D but I fail to see a good 2018 turnout without Trump on my he ballot

I was being a little flippant; I didn't mean literally just voters flipping D.  I was talking about turnout among the base generally speaking.  No one in Trump's base is going to fail to turnout because of this.  Don't believe me?  Open up Bretibart right now.

See any stories critical of Trump because of this?

Actually, on the contrary.  The very top story has a picture of McConnell in a collage of politicians labeled "globalists" that are "betraying Trump's voters."  Scroll a bit down.  A couple of stories down you'll see a big photo of McConnell and the headline "Another Fail!"

The base doesn't care dude.  If anything they're applauding this move by Trump.
Yes. But Trump isn't on the ballot, while McConnell's Senate majority is. Hence (hopefully) depressed turnout.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2017, 11:17:19 PM »

Well, to be fair, he has a point.  The GOP sorta backed themselves into a corner on this one, a corner of their own making.  But first, that's not Trump's problem.  And second, I still would've expected McConnell, for all his congressional wizardry and reputation as some brilliant tactician, to be able to get through at least an "Obamacare-lite" bill that just cosmetically tinkered with a few things, but didn't really do much substantively, so that the GOP could point to something as a "win," and then make up some gobbledygook about how it changed everything (whether it actually did, is not the point).

But McConnell couldn't even manage that.  As it is rapidly becoming apparent, he was a much better minority leader than majority.

Also, I don't get the point that he's burning his own house down, or that this will depress the base.  The base couldn't care less about McConnell- their view in regards to him is, if anything, actually somewhat negative.  You think any hardcore Trump supporter, after sticking with him over the past couple years, after all the attacks that have already come out about Trump, after all the things that been revealed about Trump, you think this is the straw that breaks the camel's back?  Now is the time this supporter finally goes, "Well that's it!  I'm voting D now!  How dare he!"

Please.

There's pretty much nothing McConnell can do to him that hadn't already been done during the campaigns, and Trump knows it.

It's not about voting D but I fail to see a good 2018 turnout without Trump on my he ballot

I was being a little flippant; I didn't mean literally just voters flipping D.  I was talking about turnout among the base generally speaking.  No one in Trump's base is going to fail to turnout because of this.  Don't believe me?  Open up Bretibart right now.

Actually, on the contrary.  The very top story has a picture of McConnell in a collage of politicians labeled "globalists" that are "betraying Trump's voters."  Scroll a bit down.  A couple of stories down you'll see a big photo of McConnell and the headline "Another Fail!"

Yes. But Trump isn't on the ballot, while McConnell's Senate majority is. Hence (hopefully) depressed turnout.
It's the opposite.  No one is gonna go out and vote thinking, "I want Mitch out!" They want to stop Trump.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2017, 11:18:02 PM »

26 posts in and no one has mentioned that McConnell's wife is in Trump's Cabinet?
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2017, 11:40:11 PM »

Please.

It's the opposite.  No one is gonna go out and vote thinking, "I want Mitch out!" They want to stop Trump.
Actually "stop Mitch" is extra motivation for the dems if anything. Also I can't believe that if this keeps up with failing legislation and Trump himself ripping on them that come 2018 the base will turnout big just to save Trump. That sounds like the delusion dems talked themselves into in 2014
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2017, 02:50:03 PM »

Looks like McConnel has little to worry about:

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies