If Donald Trump loses 2020...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:07:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  If Donald Trump loses 2020...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If Donald Trump loses 2020...  (Read 2962 times)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 10, 2017, 03:18:29 PM »

... do you think there is some chance that he runs again 2024? I mean, he could run again, claim that the election of 2020 was fake and only won by the Democrat because of voter fraud/illegals casting ballots and then continue agitate publically on the 46th president. Is there a chance he would win the nomination again and how would he perform against the incumbent Democratic president?

I'm sure that, if he's still in office by 2020, he would not officially concede the election if he loses. He would certainly continue to mock the new president once out of office. So the idea of him tying again is not so absurd as it may sound.
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 04:04:45 PM »

He'll be nearing 80, he won't run again.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 05:42:14 PM »

By 2024, he'd be a joke (for real). He'd be nearly 80, and his base would be outnumbered by the millennial generation who hates him and would make up the largest voting bloc by age.

Assuming he loses in 2020, its hard for me to see what would happen. The conclusion I would immediately come to is that he would refuse to concede and incite his supporters to riot, which would go into a legal gray area about if advocating illegal activity is protected by the First Amendment, but I digress.

If he did run in 2024 though with an incumbent Democratic president, I wouldn't underestimate him because the GOP primary electorate has done crazier things.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 09:20:48 PM »

He'd be nearly 80 years old and he's already as unhealthy as Homer Simpson.   
AN63093

Political Matrix
E: 0.06, S: 2.17

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 10:17:56 PM »

I doubt it.  Mostly because of, as others have pointed out, his age.  I wouldn't doubt that at least a part of him would want to run again, but just because the mind is willing, doesn't mean the body is able.  Trump has pretty good stamina and energy for someone his age, but the closer you get to 80, the harder it gets, even for a person in perfect health.

Let's assume that he was younger though- could he have a go at it?  There'd be a pretty good chance.  The main question would be whether someone else emerged out of the woodwork to lead the "Trumpist" faction of the GOP in the intervening years.  If so, then Trump would probably be seen as "yesterday's news" by that point.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 03:36:05 PM »

Doubtful. I could see Kushner or Ivanka running for Mayor of NYC in 2021 or 2025.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2017, 05:15:12 AM »

Doubtful. I could see Kushner or Ivanka running for Mayor of NYC in 2021 or 2025.

I think Don jr. is more likely. He expressed some interest in running last year. Kushner doesn't seem to like public speeches and campaigning. He's a guy who prefers to work in backrooms.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2017, 01:41:02 PM »

I think Don jr. is more likely. He expressed some interest in running last year. Kushner doesn't seem to like public speeches and campaigning. He's a guy who prefers to work in backrooms.

That's because it's what his job is, now...
Kyle Rittenhouse is a Political Prisoner
Jalawest2

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2017, 11:31:53 AM »

He won't lose 2020. It's 7.5 more years. Then Pence.
The guy with an approval rating in the mid thirties is obviously going to cruise to re-election.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2017, 12:00:23 PM »

The guy with an approval rating in the mid thirties is obviously going to cruise to re-election.

His real approval rating is ~48%

"I don't care what the polls say, his support is much higher in my heart"
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2017, 03:21:50 PM »

Why do you expect me to believe the polls that predicted a D+10 win in 2016?

The polls taken right before the election were dead-on, predicting Clinton to win by 2-4%. she went on to win the popular vote by 2.1%.
Kyle Rittenhouse is a Political Prisoner
Jalawest2

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2017, 04:59:01 PM »

Your right...Trump has made America great again...it's so great that there wont even be elections in 2018 and you guys can stay home since everything is great again.
Your extreme anti-Trump agenda is ruining Trump's progress. You don't even want to see him succeed. Reps will have a supermajority in 2018, get the wall built etc and 2020 will be a landslide.
How much would you bet on it? Because I'd give you a hundred to one odds against Trump winning the popular vote by more than ten points.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2017, 06:55:02 PM »

Your right...Trump has made America great again...it's so great that there wont even be elections in 2018 and you guys can stay home since everything is great again.
Your extreme anti-Trump agenda is ruining Trump's progress. You don't even want to see him succeed. Reps will have a supermajority in 2018, get the wall built etc and 2020 will be a landslide.
How much would you bet on it? Because I'd give you a hundred to one odds against Trump winning the popular vote by more than ten points.
The same odds that Huffington post gave on election day that Trump wouldn't win? Sure, I'm more than happy to bet on that

The polls were correct, he lost the popular vote.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2017, 02:05:19 PM »

... do you think there is some chance that he runs again 2024? I mean, he could run again, claim that the election of 2020 was fake and only won by the Democrat because of voter fraud/illegals casting ballots and then continue agitate publically on the 46th president. Is there a chance he would win the nomination again and how would he perform against the incumbent Democratic president?

I'm sure that, if he's still in office by 2020, he would not officially concede the election if he loses. He would certainly continue to mock the new president once out of office. So the idea of him tying again is not so absurd as it may sound.

I doubt it. If he loses, he loses big. BIG. Maybe on the scale of Hoover in 1932 or Carter in 1980, repudiated for his results, if not for personality. He has offended about 60% of the people, and that is before any economic meltdown or international disaster.

I do not expect him to say anything any more sympathetic to the next Democratic President than he has done of a predecessor whom he sees as evil.

But this assumes that he is not already in serious dementia or that such will not develop. His thoughts are extremely rigid, a commonplace sign of dementia.   
hopper
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2017, 01:01:41 PM »
« Edited: September 07, 2017, 01:43:46 PM by hopper »

I doubt it. If he loses, he loses big. BIG. Maybe on the scale of Hoover in 1932 or Carter in 1980, repudiated for his results, if not for personality. He has offended about 60% of the people, and that is before any economic meltdown or international disaster.

I do not expect him to say anything any more sympathetic to the next Democratic President than he has done of a predecessor whom he sees as evil.

But this assumes that he is not already in serious dementia or that such will not develop. His thoughts are extremely rigid, a commonplace sign of dementia.    
I still think there is too much political polarization and "sorting out" of the electorate for a Dem Presidential Candidate in 2020 to pull out a landside victory like 1932 or 1980.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies