Jeffery Lord fired by CNN
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:46:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Jeffery Lord fired by CNN
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Jeffery Lord fired by CNN  (Read 2537 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2017, 07:42:53 PM »

I love it. Jeffrey Lord was genuinely the worst.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2017, 07:55:14 PM »

They literally can every Trumpist they have and than pretend to be a "balanced" network. What bs. Lord wasn't the brightest crayon in the box, but he was the only crayon in the box.

When you send people to CNN, you're not sending your best
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2017, 08:00:50 PM »
« Edited: August 10, 2017, 08:04:37 PM by Senator Scott, PPT »

Yeah, I think it's pretty obvious they just wanted him out and this was the best opportunity.  CNN is becoming an anti-Trump network, and I wouldn't expect anything different when the President of the United States calls an entire station "very fake news" and bans them from press conferences.  The relationship between the President and the press* is probably worse than it ever has been.  Which is really bad for democracy.

*most of it
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2017, 09:03:08 PM »

They literally can every Trumpist they have and than pretend to be a "balanced" network. What bs. Lord wasn't the brightest crayon in the box, but he was the only crayon in the box.

When you send people to CNN, you're not sending your best

I won't disagree.
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2017, 12:18:15 AM »

What the f***

He was by far the worst pro-Trump person they could have gotten

Actually I found Kayleigh McEnany even worse.  She fits in well with her new job at Trump tv.  Off course I am glad to see both of them gone.  That being said I don't know how one can intelligently defend Trump.  I can see someone defending Cruz or Bush jr., who neither I agreed with, but at least they were sane and reasonable even if I disagreed with them whereas Trump does so many crazy things even if you like his policies seems tough to defend him.  That being said there are many world leaders elsewhere who I don't understand yet are popular.  One example is the current Philippines president Rodrigo Duterte who has done and said more than his fair share of dumb things yet still has an 80% approval rating.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2017, 12:21:29 AM »

What the f***

Actually I found Kayleigh McEnany even worse.  She fits in well with her new job at Trump tv.  Off course I am glad to see both of them gone.  That being said I don't know how one can intelligently defend Trump.  I can see someone defending Cruz or Bush jr., who neither I agreed with, but at least they were sane and reasonable even if I disagreed with them whereas Trump does so many crazy things even if you like his policies seems tough to defend him.  That being said there are many world leaders elsewhere who I don't understand yet are popular.  One example is the current Philippines president Rodrigo Duterte who has done and said more than his fair share of dumb things yet still has an 80% approval rating.
Yeah Kayleigh wasn't the best either. I just for some reason thought she was better than Lord. Maybe it was how Lord talked with virtually no emotion.
Confused Democrat
reidmill
United States

« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2017, 12:36:09 AM »

What the f***

Yeah Kayleigh wasn't the best either. I just for some reason thought she was better than Lord. Maybe it was how Lord talked with virtually no emotion.

She wasn't well equipped enough to blindly defend Trump when the goings got really tough. She seemed to cower a bit during big scandals like the access Hollywood tape and didn't fare well on CNN panels where she was the only Trump supporter. Lord on the other hand...
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2017, 02:50:56 AM »

From what I could gather, he was sayin "Sieg heil" towards someone he was fighting with to make fun of the person. They had gotten into an argument about Jeffrey's column about liberal fascism or something. So it sounds like he was trying to claim the person he was fighting with was a fascist.

Still, stupid thing

There's a difference between nazi and fascist (though Lord id probably too dim to understand it). Calling someone who isn't a nazi a nazi is not ok.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2017, 08:06:48 AM »

From what I could gather, he was sayin "Sieg heil" towards someone he was fighting with to make fun of the person. They had gotten into an argument about Jeffrey's column about liberal fascism or something. So it sounds like he was trying to claim the person he was fighting with was a fascist.

Still, stupid thing

There's a difference between nazi and fascist (though Lord id probably too dim to understand it). Calling someone who isn't a nazi a nazi is not ok.
Yeah you're correct there.

I hate it in politics when "Nazi" is thrown around so frequently.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2017, 08:08:17 AM »

What the f***

She wasn't well equipped enough to blindly defend Trump when the goings got really tough. She seemed to cower a bit during big scandals like the access Hollywood tape and didn't fare well on CNN panels where she was the only Trump supporter. Lord on the other hand...
I would've rather had her disagreeing with Trump than Lord blindly following him.  Every time I would watch CNN, Lord would defend the stupidest things.

But that's probably why they kept him on (until this happened).
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2017, 08:15:34 AM »

Lord was always a hack and not a very good pundit. No loss.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2017, 08:30:34 AM »

He can now work for Trump-TV along with The Mooch!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2017, 10:47:57 AM »

And let me guess, fat screaming lunatic Christine Quinn is a quality commentator right? Or Van Jones?
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2017, 10:50:55 AM »

And let me guess, fat screaming lunatic Christine Quinn is a quality commentator right? Or Van Jones?

I didn't like them either. Usu last year I watched for maps, debate (quality and not the usu back and forth, which is a one in a blue moon thing) and any military analysis if they had it. Granted I don't have cable where I'm at now so I only do the Google News thing.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2017, 11:10:43 AM »

So many of them should have been fired:

-Jeffrey Lord (reasons: unbearable; way too hackish; Nazi salute that just happened that was directed to someone else)
-Symone Sanders (reason: racist due to defending Chicago people that yelled f*** white people)
-Don Lemon (reason: same reason as Sanders)

You know what, they should just fire everyone for being so hackish and absolutely annoying to listen to.  They should return to fair news.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2017, 11:23:19 AM »
« Edited: August 11, 2017, 11:24:53 AM by Santander »

Lord was only hired by CNN in the first place because he was a hack. His job was to be a punching bag for CNN's other personalities. He was like a heel in pro wrestling. CNN is all about conflict and entertainment, even by cable news standards.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2017, 11:55:37 AM »

Really don't get the big deal here. He was saying it ironically. He is obviously not a nazi and didn't seriously think the other person was a nazi. It seems like a call from HR or Standards and Practices telling him not to say stuff like that would have sufficed. If they wanted to fire him they could have just fired him, no need to do it over a fake controversy.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies