Cygnal AL: Moore +8 in primary Moore +11 in runoff half after Trump tweet
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:11:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  Cygnal AL: Moore +8 in primary Moore +11 in runoff half after Trump tweet
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Cygnal AL: Moore +8 in primary Moore +11 in runoff half after Trump tweet  (Read 2494 times)
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 10, 2017, 04:30:05 PM »

Moore: 31%
Strange: 23%
Brooks: 18%
Undecided: 13%

Runoff:
Moore 45% vs Strange 34%
https://mobile.twitter.com/lyman_brian/status/895757525286608898
Fudotei
fudotei
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 05:17:01 PM »

I recognize that Moore vs. Strange runoff polls are going to be rare, but given what we've seen (11 point edge is, in a runoff, 55.5 to 44.5 -- a clean win) it's important to recognize Moore seems to be the frontrunner. No way he fails to make the runoff, and he seems to be leading the runoff and (presumably) the general.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 05:26:36 PM »

Full numbers:

Moore - 30.7%
Strange - 22.6%
Brooks - 18.1%
Pittman - 7.3%
Other - 5.9%
Brinson - 2.0%
Unsure - 13.4%

Favorability: Moore 56-33 (+23), Strange 46-42 (+4), Brooks 39-46 (-7).
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 05:29:04 PM »

Time to brace ourselves for the next Joe McCarthy / Jesse Helms!
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 05:30:59 PM »

Full numbers:

Moore - 30.7%
Strange - 22.6%
Brooks - 18.1%
Pittman - 7.3%
Other - 5.9%
Brinson - 2.0%
Unsure - 13.4%

Favorability: Moore 56-33 (+23), Strange 46-42 (+4), Brooks 39-46 (-7).
I assume that is just with Republicans?
I can't imagine what Strange's numbers are with the entire electorate.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 07:11:35 PM »

I'd be surprised if Moore lost the runoff, tbh. All the $$$ for Strange have had little to zero impact so far.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2017, 07:39:27 PM »

Moore vs. Jones would be a legitimately interesting general, but I know I'm not lucky enough to actually see it happen. It'll be Strange or Brooks v. Kennedy, and end up 60-40 R.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2017, 07:42:14 PM »

ahahahahahahahaha
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2017, 09:49:30 PM »

Considering how republican the state is, a 56-33 favorability rating among GOP voters is probably enough to win the general election by a large amount.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2017, 09:55:45 PM »

Moore Supporters: Name me ONE thing about the man's legal/judicial career that has not been a constitutional nightmare?

Like, all of these candidates are socially conservative, supportive of Trump and want Obamacare repealed.

Yet, you are backing a man who has been removed from the AL Supreme court...TWICE?
Fudotei
fudotei
Rookie
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2017, 10:38:10 PM »

Moore Supporters: Name me ONE thing about the man's legal/judicial career that has not been a constitutional nightmare?

Like, all of these candidates are socially conservative, supportive of Trump and want Obamacare repealed.

Yet, you are backing a man who has been removed from the AL Supreme court...TWICE?

I have personally very esoteric views about American democracy (it's not good and the current system of elected politicians should be discouraged in order to bring an overhaul of the constitutional system). Moore's so fanatically right wing that electing him undermines the traditional "lawyer turned Representative turned Senator turned lobbyist", so I consider it a net gain. Of course he's going into the Senate to cause havoc. It's not like they can pass bills to begin with.

But this is more suited for Congressional Discussion -- or any political ideology board on this server -- as opposed to the polls. Which all pretty much show Moore up in the primary and runoff.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2017, 11:08:39 PM »

I have personally very esoteric views about American democracy (it's not good and the current system of elected politicians should be discouraged in order to bring an overhaul of the constitutional system). Moore's so fanatically right wing that electing him undermines the traditional "lawyer turned Representative turned Senator turned lobbyist", so I consider it a net gain. Of course he's going into the Senate to cause havoc. It's not like they can pass bills to begin with.

But this is more suited for Congressional Discussion -- or any political ideology board on this server -- as opposed to the polls. Which all pretty much show Moore up in the primary and runoff.

What?
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2017, 11:45:33 PM »

Not sure how this is all that surprising - this is Alabama, the right wing social warrior is always going to win over the bureaucrat who is propped up by the national Republicans.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2017, 12:32:24 AM »

Is Moore more of a Huckabee type populist/social conservative, or is he more of a Ted Cruz tea party nut?
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2017, 01:23:53 AM »

Is Moore more of a Huckabee type populist/social conservative, or is he more of a Ted Cruz tea party nut?
Moore of of a populist, given his views on trade, immigration, and foreign policy I guess, though he is very dis lying from either.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2017, 01:52:13 AM »

He is a Dominionist, which basically means he supports a fundamentalist Christian form of Sharia Law.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2017, 05:03:03 AM »

Who is Cygnal though
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2017, 06:34:42 AM »

He is a Dominionist, which basically means he supports a fundamentalist Christian form of Sharia Law.

We also have people like that in the Dutch parliament (proportional representation hehe), but they're actually a valuable addition to the Dutch parliament. There would be even more of them with a FPTP system like in the US now I think about it.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2017, 07:14:19 AM »

We also have people like that in the Dutch parliament (proportional representation hehe), but they're actually a valuable addition to the Dutch parliament. There would be even more of them with a FPTP system like in the US now I think about it.
Which party or parties are they from?
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2017, 08:29:52 AM »

Roy he bout to do it
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2017, 11:11:36 AM »

Crosstabs: https://www.scribd.com/mobile/document/356073124/Cygnal-crosstabs
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2017, 04:42:57 PM »

SGP, which is one of my favorite political parties worldwide. 
Fudotei
fudotei
Rookie
United States

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2017, 06:16:59 PM »

Jesus! 489 Republicans and 12 Democrats. Alabama's not exactly part of the 50 State Strategy, is it?

Favorable ratings among Republicans..

Strange: 46/41
Moore: 56/32
Brooks: 39/47

That's simple: why is Moore doing so well? Does he have a ceiling? Of course not - he's easily the most popular candidate here.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2017, 06:33:53 PM »

You support a party which wants to restrict voting rights to male heads of households?
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2017, 06:47:54 PM »

You support a party which wants to restrict voting rights to male heads of households?

That's unfortunate. Didn't know that. Sad

I liked the fact that it was predominantly people with Reformed theology and was full-spectrum conservative, but that's a lot further right-wing than I thought they were.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies