Poll: Voter Fraud
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:17:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Poll: Voter Fraud
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Trump supporters (not Trump voters) only, please: Do you believe that millions of fraudulent votes were cast in last year's election, and that the President won the votes of a plurality of Americans?
Yes

No

Not a Trump supporter

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 60

Author Topic: Poll: Voter Fraud  (Read 1645 times)
Coraxion
Ethiopia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 01, 2017, 08:32:47 PM »

Many Trump supporters think so, but how about on this site specifically?
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 08:33:51 PM »

Were there some fraudulent votes cast? Sure. Millions? Not even close.
Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 09:08:41 PM »

So no.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 09:30:16 PM »

So no.
That's how I voted.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 10:58:18 PM »

Of course. Real people do not vote for Gary Johnson.
Young Conservative
youngconservative
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2017, 01:21:06 PM »

There were not millions of cases of voter fraud, but there are a lot more than hear about in the media. Regardless, HRC won the popular vote (although the PV is irrelevant to anything).
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2017, 06:26:27 PM »

Of course. Real people do not vote for Gary Johnson.
TIL that I am not a real person
super6646
Canada

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2017, 05:38:45 PM »

There probably was some voter fraud, but there is no doubt in my mind Hillary won the PV. So unless something big were to come out, I do not believe 3 million illegals voted for Hillary.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2017, 05:47:38 PM »

There probably was some voter fraud, but there is no doubt in my mind Hillary won the PV. So unless something big were to come out, I do not believe 3 million illegals voted for Hillary.

An Iowa woman was convicted of voter fraud for voting twice for Trump.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2017, 06:16:23 PM »

An Iowa woman was convicted of voter fraud for voting twice for Trump.
That story comes up every time voter fraud conversations start and the same thing applies: anyone who votes illegally should be punished.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2017, 07:40:53 PM »

I do believe that in California there were many non-citizens that voted, and that California officials were OK with this.  I don't think this changed the popular vote to the extent that Trump won it.  But if a state doesn't care that its nations immigration laws are enforced, is this suspicion (as it pertains to California) really unreasonable?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2017, 07:48:55 PM »

I do believe that in California there were many non-citizens that voted, and that California officials were OK with this.  I don't think this changed the popular vote to the extent that Trump won it.  But if a state doesn't care that its nations immigration laws are enforced, is this suspicion (as it pertains to California) really unreasonable?
I may be mistaken, but I believe California actually does a pretty good job at maintaining the voter rolls and I don't think they have a serious voting fraud problem. Isolated incidents may exist, but that is bound to happen in any jurisdiction.
AN63093

Political Matrix
E: 0.06, S: 2.17

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2017, 07:58:32 PM »

If I am (and was, at the time of the election) relatively indifferent to Trump, can I still vote? Smiley

I think isolated incidents of fraud almost certainly occur, but I highly doubt they were enough to swing any state or be statistically significant in any way; actually, quite the contrary, the states where I would suspect fraud to occur more are probably D states anyway, so it doesn't matter too much.

That being said, from a GOP strategist's perspective, this is probably a good 'wedge issue' to push.  I haven't seen any actual polling on this, so I might be wrong, but I would suspect most people would not care too much about having stricter ID requirements, and are probably not very sympathetic to those who can't meet the requirements.  That's just my suspicion though, I could be wrong.

I'm not making an argument for/against; just stating it's probably a good issue for the GOP to push strategically.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2017, 09:28:27 PM »

Agreed. I would venture that almost no elections are decided by voter fraud, with the only realistic candidates being those close enough to trigger recounts.
Lord Wreath
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: 8.92, S: -4.51

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2017, 01:37:41 AM »

Agreed. I would venture that almost no elections are decided by voter fraud, with the only realistic candidates being those close enough to trigger recounts.
No modern elections, probably (although a case could definitely be made for 1960, particularly in Illinois). Go back before 1900 however and fraud allegations were so rampant, that in some cases certain states had their EVs discounted.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2017, 01:49:40 AM »

No modern elections, probably (although a case could definitely be made for 1960, particularly in Illinois). Go back before 1900 however and fraud allegations were so rampant, that in some cases certain states had their EVs discounted.
In Illinois 1960 it's impossible to know who really won. Rs were doing voter fraud in Downstate and in the collar counties, and Dems were doing it in Cook. (I think)
Lord Wreath
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: 8.92, S: -4.51

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2017, 06:23:32 AM »
« Edited: August 09, 2017, 06:39:39 AM by Lord Wreath »

In Illinois 1960 it's impossible to know who really won. Rs were doing voter fraud in Downstate and in the collar counties, and Dems were doing it in Cook. (I think)
This is true. That being said though, I doubt the ballot-stuffing efforts by Republicans downstate were that extensive. After all, the counties in question were ridiculously small and would have been unlikely to net many votes. Plus, I have no doubt in my mind that Nixon, yet unburdened by his election loss that year and in 1962, was a much more honest and fair campaigner than he would later become, definitely more so than Kennedy and his brother were.

Contrast these circumstances in Chicago, where the powerful Democratic machine under the Mayor could have affected thousands of votes in a state where the margin was miniscule. Hell, even Hillary Clinton attests to witnessing voter fraud in Chicago in 1960, back when she was a Republican.

Not that it matters much to be honest because as far as I'm concerned, Nixon won the popular vote due to peculiarities of the election in Alabama.
maga2020
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: 7.74

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2017, 06:41:20 AM »

Yes, accounted for Hillary's blowout margin in California and her PV "win".

Somali non-citizen vote and Massachusetts voters were also the reason she "won" Minnesota and New Hampshire.
Suburban Republican
omelott
Israel

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2017, 12:49:42 PM »
« Edited: August 09, 2017, 12:53:38 PM by omelott »

A friend of mine thinks so. He claims Trump won the popular vote because more people live in the counties Trump won than Hillary won (doesn't understand the concept of voter turnout).
Nattiworld
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2017, 12:11:24 AM »
« Edited: July 31, 2018, 04:46:41 PM by Nattiworld »

I'm sure there's been fraud votes every year. Just this election it's more of a popular issue than others.

heheparty
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -4.00

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2017, 02:51:21 PM »

Yes, accounted for Hillary's blowout margin in California and her PV "win".

Somali non-citizen vote and Massachusetts voters were also the reason she "won" Minnesota and New Hampshire.

Any actual evidence to support this? I'm interested to see your source because the "evidence" is non existent. Time and time again the theory of widespread voter fraud swinging elections has been debunked by studies and actual election audits. If you are going to make radical claims at least provide some CREDIBLE evidence to back it up....
60+ GOP Seats After 2018 GUARANTEED
ahugecat

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2017, 03:02:43 PM »

I believe around 1-2 million illegal immigrants voted. Never bought into the "dead people vote" meme.
UncleSam

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2017, 11:52:46 AM »

Best guess: 100,000, almost entirely in California. No where near the PV margin.

CA openly advocates non-citizens getting drivers' licenses which (coincidentally, I'm sure) auto-registers them to vote. And CA does not make its' voter rolls available to the public.

Crazy to think no one would take advantage of that, and crazy to think there are anywhere near 3 million non-citizens who voted in CA. The swing hasn't been that noticeable from the Bush / Obama years and many of these policies are recent.

The reality is that even in CA Republicans were almost certainly hurt more by the lack of making the senate ballot and the PV not mattering than they were by non-citizens voting.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies