Confirmation Hearing - 1184AZ for GM (Confirmed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:56:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Confirmation Hearing - 1184AZ for GM (Confirmed)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Confirmation Hearing - 1184AZ for GM (Confirmed)  (Read 547 times)
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 15, 2017, 09:36:05 AM »
« edited: August 25, 2017, 12:21:58 PM by Goldwater »

[quote=executive order 013]
Executive Action
To fill the position of GM to be confirmed by the Senate of Atlasia
1184AZ is hereby officially been appointed to fill the role of Game Moderator of Atlasia

(yes he has been acting GM this whole time, wanted to make sure things about activity, etc for a long term GM solution)
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 04:41:49 PM »

Greetings Honorable Senators.

It is a true honor and privilege to have the opportunity to serve this great nation of Atlasia in the incredibly important position of Game Moderator. As GM I would seek to continue my current work as Acting GM, continuing with the two updates a week with daily intelligence briefings. I am always open to answering any questions and concerns you may have. For transparency sake I will be away from August 23-30 with limited internet access and will have Encke do stories for the effected days.

Thanks
Acting GM
1184AZ
1978 New Wave skinny trousers
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 12:08:49 PM »
« Edited: August 16, 2017, 12:10:45 PM by Fremont Senator Henry Wallace »

Acting GM 1184AZ, my questions for you relate to the arbitrary manner in which unemployment figures for the regions are calculated. Deputy GM Encke stated that he would like to develop a non-arbitrary methodology of calculating unemployment figures. Have you discussed such a methodology with the Deputy GM? And if so, have either of you developed a methodology yet or are either of you currently in the works of developing one? I believe that a non-arbitrary methodology would be a great step forward, as it would make the game more realistic and would provide for some policy simulation, granted that the methodology would allow for policies to affect the unemployment figures.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 02:51:32 PM »

Would you make yourself available as GM to estimate costs on bills before Congress?
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 05:17:59 PM »

Acting GM 1184AZ, my questions for you relate to the arbitrary manner in which unemployment figures for the regions are calculated. Deputy GM Encke stated that he would like to develop a non-arbitrary methodology of calculating unemployment figures. Have you discussed such a methodology with the Deputy GM? And if so, have either of you developed a methodology yet or are either of you currently in the works of developing one? I believe that a non-arbitrary methodology would be a great step forward, as it would make the game more realistic and would provide for some policy simulation, granted that the methodology would allow for policies to affect the unemployment figures.
I have allowed Deputy GM Encke full autonomy on creating a new methodology for unemployment numbers. I am however here to support him answering questions and offering advice as need be. I certainly am still monetizing all economic numbers and will certainly bring up any future  issues I potentially could have privately have with Encke.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 05:19:18 PM »

Would you make yourself available as GM to estimate costs on bills before Congress?
Yes I certainly can however I have at least tentatively reserved the job of bill analysts for Deputy GM Encke. Based on the couple analyst that he has already done. he is doing a truly great job so far.   
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2017, 07:46:55 AM »

I really have nothing to say except that I approve of the nominee's work as Acting GM so far and I have no qualms in supporting this nomination.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2017, 10:56:32 AM »

I really have nothing to say except that I approve of the nominee's work as Acting GM so far and I have no qualms in supporting this nomination.

Thanks for your support!
Fmr. Representative Encke
Encke
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2017, 11:54:46 AM »

I'm just going to drop in here to make a few comments about the unemployment numbers.

I have developed a formula that bases unemployment numbers on three factors: regional activity (affects regions separately), federal activity (affects all regions equally) and legislative/environmental factors. Not going to post the actual formula here, but below is a brief summary that should give everyone a decent idea of what is involved.

Regional activity is separated into differently weighted categories such as voting averages, quantity of debate (as well as amendments offered), and quantity of statements. Also, the amount of work done in a particular amount of time is considered (for instance, a region that has passed 2 pieces of legislation in 40 days, this is viewed less favorably than a region that has passed 10 pieces of legislation in the same amount of time.  This process generates an activity index for each region.

Random numbers are pulled from a normal distribution centered on a particular mean between the lowest and highest regional index. This mean, as well as the standard deviation, are computed via a scaled down activity index for the House and the Senate.

Other legislation is factored in separately. For instance, if Lincoln decides to go through with their high-speed rail project, then this will generate jobs and unemployment will decrease separately from the activity formula. This calculation will be made as realistic as the legislation allows. Environmental factors will also be considered. For instance, if the hurricane reported in the Atlasian Star hits Miami, unemployment in the South will increase.

When I spoke of a 'formula' in the Atlasian Star, I was referring to a formula to quantify activity. Obviously, such a formula would not be applied to policy simulation because it really isn't possible to standardize some sort of realistic formula that would be affected by every piece of legislation that is passed. However, I have recently started to interest myself in certain economic models that could assist in accurately modeling, for instance, the economic effects of taxation.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2017, 01:53:24 AM »

Now's probably a good time to move this to a vote.

A vote is now open on confirmation of 1184AZ for GM.  Senators, please vote Aye, Nay, or Abstain.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2017, 01:56:46 AM »

Aye.
1978 New Wave skinny trousers
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2017, 11:07:25 AM »

Aye
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2017, 11:16:50 AM »

Aye.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2017, 02:40:00 PM »

Aye
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2017, 02:40:47 PM »

Aye
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2017, 10:23:11 AM »

Thank you all for your support!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2017, 10:34:11 AM »

This motion to confirm has enough votes to pass.  Senators have 24 hours to change their vote.

(This is almost over.  Promise. Tongue)
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2017, 02:28:16 AM »

With five votes in the affirmative, the nominee is confirmed.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2017, 08:02:50 AM »

I would like to thank the senate for its support!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies