Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:07:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 28
Author Topic: Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville)  (Read 41054 times)
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: August 12, 2017, 06:33:10 PM »

So...American leftists want Bernie Sanders dead?

If he was a proud, open Jew they would.
He's not?
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #376 on: August 12, 2017, 06:33:45 PM »

Let me try to add original commentary.

Essentially Trump failed today.

His “many sides” quote was a dog whistle to the alt right and white nationalists. They knew he had to condemn them; they also wanted him to condemn their enemies. So Trump delivered. Note he hasn't commented on the car attack yet. That's deliberate. A fifth of his vote or more came from people who voted on a cultural / racial basis. He's beholden to them because the rest of the country dislikes him. There's a reason Cory Gardner (R-Colo.) called him out on it in Twitter. Notice Rubio, Portman, and others specifically used the terms “white nationalism” or a variation on this.

Doubt these people were Trump voters? Look up “blood and soil“ and ask who they voted for. Look up the pictures of those with MAGA hats and who cheered on Trump. There's a wealth of data for anyone willing to look at it. No the DSA is nowhere as powerful, lol. The Left has been underpowered here but we're not playing that game. This rally wasn't about reparations, wasn't about any of that. It was a white power rally that was intended to signal as such. That's very specifically what the President didn't want to single out and talk about.

In realignment terms however this isn't a good day for the GOP. They needed to denounce this in a much stronger voice and be a lot less unequivocal about who was to blame. They probably pushed some minorities and white voters further away from the GOP and toward the Democratic Party. As I've long noted 90% of the voting Republican coalition is white while 55% of the Democratic coalition is. The GOP's long reliance on the Southern Strategy is coming home to roost. (And has in a way since 2000)
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #377 on: August 12, 2017, 06:33:52 PM »

David, you don't live in America and you have zero understanding of our racial history from your perch in the Low Countries. Stay in your own lane and stop hijacking this thread.
Triggered again? Do we get another rant about brown Jews from you now?
Dude, you're twisting yourself into knots because you aren't even willing to unequivocally criticize literal NAZIS.
Yes I am, and I have?

This.
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #378 on: August 12, 2017, 06:35:38 PM »

Source.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #379 on: August 12, 2017, 06:37:15 PM »

David, you don't live in America and you have zero understanding of our racial history from your perch in the Low Countries. Stay in your own lane and stop hijacking this thread.
Triggered again? Do we get another rant about brown Jews from you now?
Dude, you're twisting yourself into knots because you aren't even willing to unequivocally criticize literal NAZIS.
Yes I am, and I have?

This.
You sincerely think that people don't know Bernie Sanders, from Brooklyn, who frequently cites his identity, is Jewish? Are you kidding me?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #380 on: August 12, 2017, 06:37:23 PM »

Wow, in just one photo, this picture captured everything trump is defending.
Looking at the image from left to right, you have a white-nationalist holding a Confederate flag, a KKK member in his red clown suit and a fascist doing the "Sieg Heil" Hitler salute.
I'm ready to vomit.

PS: What does the white star flag represent ? The one the KKK clown is holding ?
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #381 on: August 12, 2017, 06:38:30 PM »

Seeing as how Minneapolis is an extremely leftist city, and Al Franken is a "proud, open Jew", then logic would stand that most in Minneapolis would want him dead...which is pretty weird with how they vote for him.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #382 on: August 12, 2017, 06:40:26 PM »

Wow, in just one photo, this picture captured everything trump is defending.
Looking at the image from left to right, you have a white-nationalist holding a Confederate flag, a KKK member in his red clown suit and a fascist doing the "Sieg Heil" Hitler salute.
I'm ready to vomit.

PS: What does the white star flag represent ? The one the KKK clown is holding ?

The police are doing an amazing job.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #383 on: August 12, 2017, 06:41:43 PM »

The next time Democrats regain the trifecta, they should go on an all-out assault on the white nationalist movement and their enablers, violent and non-violent alike.  Even if it means running roughshod over their First Amendment rights.  

Absolutely not, on the last part.   The Bill of Rights applies to everyone in this country, even those who might seem to not "deserve" it.  Trying to pick and choose who the rights applies to makes them worthless.

This is exactly what I feared is gonna happen as a result.

far-leftie commits terror attack, far-right gets outraged and emboldened.

far-righty commits terror attack, far-left gets outraged and emboldened.

far-leftie commits terror attack, far-right gets outraged and emboldened.

far-righty commits terror attack, far-left gets outraged and emboldened.

rinse and repeat until a lot of people are dead, injured, and have had their basic human rights violated.

DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #384 on: August 12, 2017, 06:41:52 PM »

You sincerely think that people don't know Bernie Sanders, from Brooklyn, who frequently cites his identity, is Jewish? Are you kidding me?
He's everything but a proud Jew, though -- every proud Jew is a Zionist. Sanders is as proud a Jew as Ana "Young Turk" Kasparian is a proud Armenian. I'm not exactly the only Jew viewing it this way.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #385 on: August 12, 2017, 06:43:59 PM »

He's everything but a proud Jew, though -- every proud Jew is a Zionist. Sanders is as proud a Jew as Ana "Young Turk" Kasparian is a proud Armenian. I'm not exactly the only Jew viewing it this way.

Then the majority of American Jews are not "proud Jews", since just about all I've met don't really care at all either way about Zionism or Israel.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #386 on: August 12, 2017, 06:44:22 PM »

Then the majority of American Jews are not "proud Jews", since just about all I've met don't really care at all either way about Zionism or Israel.

You clearly don't know many.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #387 on: August 12, 2017, 06:44:52 PM »

It's the "Bonnie Blue" flag, which some Confederate states flew in 1861 before they organized a national government with a flag.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #388 on: August 12, 2017, 06:47:24 PM »

It looks like Trump is going to have to do more saber rattling at North Korea & Co. if he's hoping to bring his poll numbers back up after this.....  Tongue
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #389 on: August 12, 2017, 06:48:31 PM »

It looks like Trump is going to have to do more saber rattling at North Korea & Co. if he's hoping to bring his poll numbers back up after this.....  Tongue

This will have approximately 0 effect on National polling.  I hadnt even heard of it til i got on here.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #390 on: August 12, 2017, 06:49:25 PM »

...really? You're going to go there?

Hardly comparable.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #391 on: August 12, 2017, 06:49:31 PM »

I wish there were an amendment that allowed Congress to ban open participation in any sort of left or right-wing radical group that incites and/or practices violence.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #392 on: August 12, 2017, 06:49:33 PM »

This will have approximately 0 effect on National polling.  I hadnt even heard of it til i got on here.

Give it time to sink in....  
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #393 on: August 12, 2017, 06:49:45 PM »

It's the "Bonnie Blue" flag, which some Confederate states flew in 1861 before they organized a national government with a flag.

Ah .... OK.
Thank you.
Here is a link in Wikipedia, if anyone is interested : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonnie_Blue_Flag
MichaelRbn
Rookie
United States
« Reply #394 on: August 12, 2017, 06:49:54 PM »

The Bonnie Blue flag (the flag with the white star) was an early symbol of the CSA.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #395 on: August 12, 2017, 06:51:28 PM »

Let me try to add original commentary.

Essentially Trump failed today.

His “many sides” quote was a dog whistle to the alt right and white nationalists. They knew he had to condemn them; they also wanted him to condemn their enemies. So Trump delivered. Note he hasn't commented on the car attack yet. That's deliberate. A fifth of his vote or more came from people who voted on a cultural / racial basis. He's beholden to them because the rest of the country dislikes him. There's a reason Cory Gardner (R-Colo.) called him out on it in Twitter. Notice Rubio, Portman, and others specifically used the terms “white nationalism” or a variation on this.

Doubt these people were Trump voters? Look up “blood and soil“ and ask who they voted for. Look up the pictures of those with MAGA hats and who cheered on Trump. There's a wealth of data for anyone willing to look at it. No the DSA is nowhere as powerful, lol. The Left has been underpowered here but we're not playing that game. This rally wasn't about reparations, wasn't about any of that. It was a white power rally that was intended to signal as such. That's very specifically what the President didn't want to single out and talk about.

In realignment terms however this isn't a good day for the GOP. They needed to denounce this in a much stronger voice and be a lot less unequivocal about who was to blame. They probably pushed some minorities and white voters further away from the GOP and toward the Democratic Party. As I've long noted 90% of the voting Republican coalition is white while 55% of the Democratic coalition is. The GOP's long reliance on the Southern Strategy is coming home to roost. (And has in a way since 2000)
This.

The President has failed to act take a strong moral stand on this matter as would be expected from a leader. He demonstrates no reason for confidence that he will be able to act as a competent leader to look to during a crisis.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #396 on: August 12, 2017, 06:54:37 PM »

Okay Saint, just check out this article by 538, and realize that the subreddit r/the_Donald is just a few degrees of separation from other subreddits named r/fatpeoplehate, r/coontown, and r/kiketown. The self-denial is out of control dude.
I'm talking about connections, direct, to trump, not some stupid reddit page.

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/4uxdbn/im_donald_j_trump_and_im_your_next_president_of/

🤔🤔🤔
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #397 on: August 12, 2017, 06:58:16 PM »

Uhm...

I assure you, many many Jews care deeply about Israel. Also, a huge majority of american Jews support a Palestinian state.  Most polls of Jewish Americans also back up my point.

That being said, support for Israel =/= Zionism. They are not mutually exclusive.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #398 on: August 12, 2017, 06:59:08 PM »

Okay Saint, just check out this article by 538, and realize that the subreddit r/the_Donald is just a few degrees of separation from other subreddits named r/fatpeoplehate, r/coontown, and r/kiketown. The self-denial is out of control dude.

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/4uxdbn/im_donald_j_trump_and_im_your_next_president_of/

🤔🤔🤔
You are grasping at straws, so Trump did an AMA there and now it's an inter-connected plot. Stupid as hell.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #399 on: August 12, 2017, 06:59:59 PM »
« Edited: August 12, 2017, 07:02:18 PM by The Saint »

🤔🤔🤔
And is trump endorsing these racists? No. Is he praising them? No.

And it's very stupid to connect a president to internet comments.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 28  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies