Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:44:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28
Author Topic: Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville)  (Read 41111 times)
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #550 on: August 13, 2017, 03:16:16 PM »

Wait, so all those super reputable news sources saying this was a false flag by a black guy were wrong?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #551 on: August 13, 2017, 03:16:40 PM »

Meanwhile, this happened in Germany ...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

So we have Germans fighting American Nazis?

Holy crap... Hydra has resurfaced from the shadows.
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #552 on: August 13, 2017, 03:46:53 PM »

Meanwhile, this happened in Germany ...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

So we have Germans fighting American Nazis?

Any nazi should be fought by everyone as soon as they start. Honestly I think we can learn from Ukraine and pass a law imposing mandatory jail time for anyone displaying or sympathizing with Naxi or Communist ideals
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #553 on: August 13, 2017, 03:50:58 PM »

The general sentiment is pretty good but that's still a stupid writing full of bad examples and inaccuracies. This part made me cringe:

"There is no travel ban on them because of their religion."

There isn't for anybody. It could've been accurate and just as relevant changing "religion" to "national origin" so why not do that?

Probably because many of us think Trump's ban has nothing to do with the nations in question and everything to do with religion. I.e he couldn't ban Muslims, so he did the closest thing to that that he could get away with.

The five countries with the largest Muslim populations in the world are:
Indonesia
Pakistan
India
Bangladesh
Nigeria

None are affected by the ban. Meanwhile the non-Muslim populations of the countries banned are.

It was really awful and stupid wording.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #554 on: August 13, 2017, 05:03:38 PM »

What a sad time it is for this country when the president is so spineless and incompetent that people can't even look to him for moral support in times of tragedy and are forced to find it from other sources. It's pretty much one of the most basic parts of being president.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #555 on: August 13, 2017, 05:49:32 PM »

To die over exercising your political rights of free speech is so sad.  The government needs to crack down on these radical right wing militas.  Round them up now.  They disgust me.

Will the government crack down on Black Bloc and Black Panthers too? Because they disgust me as much as the right wing militias?
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #556 on: August 13, 2017, 06:57:20 PM »

To die over exercising your political rights of free speech is so sad.  The government needs to crack down on these radical right wing militas.  Round them up now.  They disgust me.

Will the government crack down on Black Bloc and Black Panthers too? Because they disgust me as much as the right wing militias?

We have reached PEAK BOTH SIDES DO IT.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #557 on: August 13, 2017, 07:00:41 PM »

It's not one or the other.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #558 on: August 13, 2017, 07:01:46 PM »

Peak Bronz.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #559 on: August 13, 2017, 07:04:35 PM »

I saw a stat on political terrorism in the US yesterday. In the past however many years there've been 38 attacks from white supremacists groups and exactly one from black nationalist groups. One problem is much more significant than the other.

And as the other poster said, this isn't a one or the other situation. I don't like black nationalists or white nationalists. I'm just not going to make red herring references to black nationalists after white nationalist attacks/demonstrations because I'm not desperately grasping to excuse/distract from this.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #560 on: August 13, 2017, 07:21:04 PM »

Some have criticized atheists because of the evils that some Communists have done. Is it fair to blame all atheists?

Not sure where you are coming from with that....

We have once again a terrorist assault committed at the hands of White Supremacists in the US....

Last time I checked Atheists and Communists aren't murdering people in the streets of America.

Maybe I am misinterpreting your point, but honestly it really sounds almost like an apology for the Neo-Nazi and White Supremacist murder, not to mention the daily physical assaults, burning down houses of worship and the like, that are currently being committed by these same political organizations and individuals....
Yes, you are missing the point. My point was that violence isn't just committed by any one group. ISIS is violent. Obviously I am referring to Communists leaders like Stalin etc and not anything going on in the US. The point is that you can't blame a whole group of people for what some of the people in the group do. You can't blame all Christians for what the KKK does. You can't blame Sanders for the shooting by just one of his supporters. etc

I agree 100% with the bolded statements.... you can't blame Black Lives Matter because one mentally ill individual went on a Mass Murder expedition of cops in Dallas Texas....

The murder in Portland Oregon at the hands of a mentally ill individual targeting Muslim-Americans, was not an incident directly connected to White Supremacist political formations and organizations.

Still, for some odd reason, domestic terrorist assaults committed by the Extreme-Right generally don't receive the same level of concern or attention, as domestic terrorist incidents committed by Muslim-Americans.

The whole false "moral equivalency" between "Leftist Demonstrators" and Nazi/Fascist/ White Supremacist Scum, is a bunk argument....

I am not saying that is your position at all, but this is what I was expecting to be the talking points on Sunday, after I posted last night.

Instead, I was pleasantly surprised to see leading Republicans condemn this for what it was, an act of domestic terrorism.

Apparently even Jeff Sessions is supposedly looking into this, although I have very serious doubts that the Trump Administration is really taking the threat of Domestic Terrorism committed by White Supremacist organization seriously....

It wasn't until Oklahoma City, that the Feds started to really focus on the extremist elements within the Militia Movement....

Even then, how many individuals not directly connected to the biggest Terrorist incident in the US (until 9/11), actually faced any criminal sanctions?

My fundamental point is that instead of dancing around and debating about "Free Speech for Fascists" we go directly after political formations that are actively engaged in murder and physical violence against anyone that stands in their way, or happens to be from one of their ethnic/religious/political communities targeted for elimination.

We need to treat the Extremist racists movements in the US, the same way that Germany does....

These political organizations on the Extreme Right know what they are doing..... I can publish a list of some six names of individuals that have been bankrolling most of these organizations.

The Storm Troopers on the street are their foot soldiers.... these Men funding the organizations have been in the trenches of the movement for decades.

In the age of the internet, they "reinvented" or "rebranded" their movement, but the same small cast of characters are behind the driving wheel.

We know who they are, we know where they live, we know the extent of their support and how and why they chose to make Charlottesville VA ground zero to build their Fascist Empire.

As I said, the Feds need to hit hard against the top level individuals associated with these movements immediately.... their movement can and always will find new foot soldiers to fill in the void, including the terrorist responsible for an attempted mass murder in VA. The head of the snake needs to be cut off, rather than just limiting it to a particular individual or "street soldier" in their movement.

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #561 on: August 13, 2017, 07:24:54 PM »

I saw a stat on political terrorism in the US yesterday. In the past however many years there've been 38 attacks from white supremacists groups and exactly one from black nationalist groups. One problem is much more significant than the other.

And as the other poster said, this isn't a one or the other situation. I don't like black nationalists or white nationalists. I'm just not going to make red herring references to black nationalists after white nationalist attacks/demonstrations because I'm not desperately grasping to excuse/distract from this.

Perhaps I'm overly naive, but I've always been puzzled by the thinking behind trying to defend a wrong action by one side with "well, the other side does it" (whether or not the other side actually does do it is irrelevant).  If some action is wrong when the other side does it, then it's wrong when your side does it too.  And it doesn't justify your side doing it; two wrongs don't make a right.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #562 on: August 13, 2017, 07:40:49 PM »

Perhaps I'm overly naive, but I've always been puzzled by the thinking behind trying to defend a wrong action by one side with "well, the other side does it" (whether or not the other side actually does do it is irrelevant).  If some action is wrong when the other side does it, then it's wrong when your side does it too.  And it doesn't justify your side doing it; two wrongs don't make a right.

That's actually one of the "official" logical fallacies in classical reasoning going by the Latin name "Tu quoque" ("And you also") for the reasons you stated. When you resort to that you're essentially admitting your own guilt. "Whataboutism" has recently been the name for it which is more accessible.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #563 on: August 13, 2017, 07:59:01 PM »

White nationalist groups are already full of undercover FBI agents, as they should be.

At the same time, being a member of an organized White nationalist group actually makes someone less likely to commit violence. The groups, who don't want to get banned, act as a moderating force.

Most white supremacist terrorism is carried out by lone wolfs and/or without sanction from organized white supremacist groups.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #564 on: August 13, 2017, 08:11:29 PM »

Politics1.com @Politics1com
VIRGINIA: GOP USSen candidate Corey Stewart issues statement on #Charlotesville which only denounces left/Dems/antifa.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #565 on: August 13, 2017, 08:12:25 PM »

VIRGINIA: GOP USSen candidate Corey Stewart issues statement on #Charlotesville which only denounces left/Dems/antifa.

Is this real life?
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #566 on: August 13, 2017, 08:26:51 PM »

Is this real life?
Yes unfortunately, he really blamed the left.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #567 on: August 13, 2017, 08:46:53 PM »

Is this real life?

It's not just fantasy.

These people (the RepublicanLet's Refuse To Oppose Fascism Party and their supporters) would have condemned the Allies in WWII.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #568 on: August 13, 2017, 08:47:42 PM »

White nationalist groups are already full of undercover FBI agents, as they should be.

At the same time, being a member of an organized White nationalist group actually makes someone less likely to commit violence. The groups, who don't want to get banned, act as a moderating force.

Most white supremacist terrorism is carried out by lone wolfs and/or without sanction from organized white supremacist groups.

Mortimer--- to quote "The Big Lebowski", you are out of your element Donny.

The KKK was totally infiltrated by FBI agents, with an estimated 25% of the members of the pro Klan rally in Greensboro NC being Government agents or informants.

It didn't stop them from murdering four people in broad daylight back in 1979....

Additionally, all of the murders were acquitted by all White Juries, despite two trials!!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greensboro_massacre

Mortimer, can you please take your White Supremacist apologies elsewhere, so no-one around here gives an eff about your opinions on this subject in particular and many others as well?

The whole concept about how the "White Supremacist Movement is so infiltrated by Feds that they can't carry out Terrorist actions" argument is quite frankly BS.

The Neo-Nazi compound in Oklahoma where McVeigh spent a week before murdering hundreds of Americans in cold blood, was also allegedly infiltrated by Government informants.

No individual associated with that compound has yet served time nor been charged with Federal Terrorist related items associated with the worst case of domestic terrorism in the history of the US.

Your whole concept regarding the "Feds infiltration of the Extremist Right" is bogus, since if the extent of infiltration was anything close to what you are suggesting, these terrorist organizations would have been shut down decades ago, with the heads of the snake serving decades in Federal Supermax prisons for all sorts of major Felony charges.

It's well past time the Feds do their job, and cut the head off the snake before we see another 200 dead in the type of assault Al Qaeda could only dream of having the operational capacity to deliver, just like these same ass hats did back in the early '90s.

Their movement is for real.... they aren't playing games.... they are preparing to fulfill the apocalyptic vision based upon their favorite fan fiction book "The Turner Diaries", which is pretty much a Bible to these people.

Mortimer--- I really don't give an eff about what you think, but am simply posting this to expose your BS and give some other members of the Forum a little bit of backstory about this movement, that we've been fighting for decades.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #569 on: August 13, 2017, 09:13:07 PM »

Charlottesville restaurateur threatened after he boots patrons for Nazi salute.

It's a moderate-size article about the event, so you may want to read the full story.
There is also a short video interviewing the owner of the restaurant, if you prefer a synopsis of the incident.

Here is the link : http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/13/us/charlottesville-restaurant-closes-protests/index.html
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #570 on: August 13, 2017, 09:15:56 PM »

I rarelt

Peak Bronz.

I rarely agree with Sanchez on most political items, but here there is a rare case of agreement.

Honestly, it's actually pretty cool and refreshing to see all types of political avatars pretty much in 100% agreement on the issue of a Domestic Terrorist Murder committed by Neo-Nazis in the streets of Virginia....

If Colonel Sanchez is on our side, then we definitely have the Fascists quaking in their virtual boots and running for cover, even in the dark corners of the Internet and their 4Chan secret virtual lounges....

OT... but I spent 30 minutes earlier today watching a "live" web-feed from one of the Fascists covertly trying to cover the "Press Conference" of the Nazi organizer....

Apparently these people are convinced that Charlottesville was just a giant trap where they were led into the "Lion's Den" of Antifas and Cops that were all on the same side....

I wonder how many of these young alt-right Nazis will show up again in a few months the next time these organizations try to mobilize 2,000 to march through the streets of this town?

There are many ways to shut these people down, other than through self-defense style tactics, and something tells me that even if the Feds don't go hardcore on the Terrorists and Terrorist sympathizers, the Commonwealth of Virginia will.

Honestly I would much rather have the Government do its job dealing with these people, rather than having to fight them back in the streets of our communities.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #571 on: August 13, 2017, 10:13:25 PM »

Neera Tanden is a pathetic woman who is a scamster making money off the DNC. While she is sitting on her keyboard trying to act tough, DSA, Bernicrats are on the street protesting, resisting, in townhalls, calling Congressmen, in marches - From everything to protecting Obmacare to fighting for Single Payer to protesting racism & white supremacy. She should be out there helping them not making stupid comments.

The woman, who was a DSA member & a huge Berniecrat died. Neera Tanden is irrelevant & useless. How on earth do you think Kamala Harris or Cory Booker or Joe Biden will stop Bernie in 2020? This has been a never ending campaign from 2015 & there will be 5 years of angst & passion among Berniecrats in 2020. You guys have no freaking idea how much they are motivated for it.

You all will bend the knee like good children!
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #572 on: August 13, 2017, 10:15:56 PM »

Neera Tanden is a pathetic woman who is a scamster making money off the DNC. While she is sitting on her keyboard trying to act tough, DSA, Bernicrats are on the street protesting, resisting, in townhalls, calling Congressmen, in marches - From everything to protecting Obmacare to fighting for Single Payer to protesting racism & white supremacy. She should be out there helping them not making stupid comments.

The woman, who was a DSA member & a huge Berniecrat died. Neera Tanden is irrelevant & useless. How on earth do you think Kamala Harris or Cory Booker or Joe Biden will stop Bernie in 2020? This has been a never ending campaign from 2015 & there will be 5 years of angst & passion among Berniecrats in 2020. You guys have no freaking idea how much they are motivated for it.

Jesus, man. This is like near fascistic rhetoric.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #573 on: August 13, 2017, 10:17:14 PM »

Neera Tandan called for Tulsi Gabbard to be primaried because she dares oppose arming Syrian jihadists. Her "ideas conference" didn't invite any Berniecrats.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #574 on: August 13, 2017, 10:18:20 PM »

Neera Tandan called for Tulsi Gabbard to be primaried because she dares oppose arming Syrian jihadists. Her "ideas conference" didn't invite any Berniecrats.

Okay?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies