Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:49:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28
Author Topic: Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville)  (Read 41924 times)
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: August 15, 2017, 08:42:07 PM »

Kos of DailyKos had a similar tweet.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
https://twitter.com/markos/status/896747477428314112

Economic anxiety that DSA members like a certain recently diseased 32 year old woman would care about?

Okay, who cares about Kos when we have LITERAL ACTUAL NEO-NAZIS to defeat. Like honestly, why even mention him? Stop making this all about you and feeling persecuted by other members of the left you don't care for. This is bigger than you. I mean this in a general sense of all your posts here, not just this particular one.

But Neera Tanden said it's "the alt left" at fault.
Who cares about Neera Tanden? I don't even know who she is. I know who Kos is, but I don't really care what he says.

What I care about is progressives, mainstream liberals, and moderates coming together to fight NAZIS.

Too late, your side decided to use the death of a progressive to go after progressives.

Kind of like what you did to Hillary.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #626 on: August 16, 2017, 12:10:51 AM »

What the hell are you guys even arguing about?
How he thinks terms like Bernie Bros and Alt-Left apply to him when really they never did, and his taking offence to it.  Personally, if the term doesn't apply to you, don't whine about it.

Okaaaay

So, what the hell are you guys even arguing about?
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #627 on: August 16, 2017, 12:25:02 AM »

What the hell are you guys even arguing about?
How he thinks terms like Bernie Bros and Alt-Left apply to him when really they never did, and his taking offence to it.  Personally, if the term doesn't apply to you, don't whine about it.

Okaaaay

So, what the hell are you guys even arguing about?
Indeed. This is a time where every reasonable person who opposes Trump and white supremacism, be it leftists, centrists or moderate republicans, need to stand together. The answer to the extreme polarization of the Trump regime should not be more polarization. American democracy is in a dire state right now. Reasonable people need to fight back and restore sanity to american institutions.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #628 on: August 16, 2017, 01:24:33 AM »

"No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin or his background or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite."

- Nelson Mandela

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Former President Barack Obama's tweet reacting to the attack in Charlottesville, Virginia, is the most liked tweet ever on the social network.

Obama tweeted a quote from Nelson Mandela's 1994 autobiography "Long Walk to Freedom" (found above).

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/15/politics/obamas-charlottesville-tweet/index.html

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #629 on: August 16, 2017, 02:10:40 PM »

Gold Star parent Khizr Khan slams Donald Trump's latest comments on the violence in Charlottesville, Virginia.

Watch CNN video here : http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2017/08/16/khizr-khan-trump-embarrass-us-failed-us-ac360.cnn/video/playlists/president-trumps-address-to-congress/
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #630 on: August 16, 2017, 08:39:56 PM »

Economic anxiety that DSA members like a certain recently diseased 32 year old woman would care about?

Okay, who cares about Kos when we have LITERAL ACTUAL NEO-NAZIS to defeat. Like honestly, why even mention him? Stop making this all about you and feeling persecuted by other members of the left you don't care for. This is bigger than you. I mean this in a general sense of all your posts here, not just this particular one.

Who cares about Neera Tanden? I don't even know who she is. I know who Kos is, but I don't really care what he says.

What I care about is progressives, mainstream liberals, and moderates coming together to fight NAZIS.

Too late, your side decided to use the death of a progressive to go after progressives.
What even is "my side"?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #631 on: August 16, 2017, 09:29:06 PM »

What even is "my side"?

By jfern's way of thinking unless you're some deranged HA Goodman-esque Bernie or Bust type who actually voted for Hillary Clinton in November (simply supporting Sanders in the primary isn't enough, seeing as how he's quite opposed to me, who did and was a delegate for him to my district convention, and Adam Griffin...who did and was a delegate to the national DNC for him) you are some centrist Democratic establishment shill who must be defend and be responsible for every single comment any Democratic establishment-type figure makes.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #632 on: August 17, 2017, 06:05:33 AM »

The new cover of the "Economist":

Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #633 on: August 17, 2017, 06:52:47 AM »

Antifa is objectively stupid and harmful.

There have been dozens of these alt right rallies this year. Dozens.

They all end one of two ways. Either Antifa shows up and there's some violence between the two groups and it gets on the news or Antifa doesn't show up, the alt right guys stand in a public park for 4 hours, leave, and then no one cares.

Antifa gives the alt right more publicity and they are objectively increasing the level of violence. Not only are they instigating violence where in most cases there would be none. In the rare cases where there is violence, they have been totally impotent to stop it. Why didn't Antifa keep that girl from getting killed? They serve no protective purpose.

Also, how exactly does punching people stop Nazis from taking over (which they aren't going to do anyway). Like, all these people who get punched, they can still go out and vote for Donald Trump after you've punched them. Just because they can't have rallies doesn't mean they can't think thoughts, organize online, and vote.

If you think they pose the threat of a second Holocaust, the only logical and moral thing to do is kill them. Shoot them with guns. Instigate Civil War II.

If you don't literally go out and kill these people, all this talk of "punch a Nazi, kill a Nazi" is just hysterical theatrics.
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #634 on: August 17, 2017, 08:32:06 AM »

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump  22 minutes ago
 Sad to see the history and culture of our great country being ripped apart with the removal of our beautiful statues and monuments. You.....

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump  114 minutes ago
 ...can't change history, but you can learn from it. Robert E Lee, Stonewall Jackson - who's next, Washington, Jefferson? So foolish! Also...

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump  8 minutes ago
 ...the beauty that is being taken out of our cities, towns and parks will be greatly missed and never able to be comparably replaced!

--

The beauty of traitor statues can never be replaced by trees, park items, benches, etc.! Really he doesn't think this through and adds more fuel to the fire.

Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #635 on: August 17, 2017, 09:13:47 AM »

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump  22 minutes ago
 Sad to see the history and culture of our great country being ripped apart with the removal of our beautiful statues and monuments. You.....

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump  114 minutes ago
 ...can't change history, but you can learn from it. Robert E Lee, Stonewall Jackson - who's next, Washington, Jefferson? So foolish! Also...

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump  8 minutes ago
 ...the beauty that is being taken out of our cities, towns and parks will be greatly missed and never able to be comparably replaced!

--

The beauty of traitor statues can never be replaced by trees, park items, benches, etc.! Really he doesn't think this through and adds more fuel to the fire.

He's literally praising monuments to traitors. It's so sad that it makes you laugh.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #636 on: August 17, 2017, 09:15:46 AM »

Monuments aren't always meant to honor, sometimes they're just to remember......history.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #637 on: August 17, 2017, 11:13:59 AM »

Monuments aren't always meant to honor, sometimes they're just to remember......history.

False. Monuments are never just a neutral DYK
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #638 on: August 17, 2017, 11:21:40 AM »

False. Monuments are never just a neutral DYK

Agreed.  You don't need a monument to remember history.  I don't think there is any danger of forgetting Hitler or Stalin, but I doubt there are many statues of them still standing in public places.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #639 on: August 17, 2017, 11:25:19 AM »

A monument to Heinrich Himmler surely is meant to remember history
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #640 on: August 17, 2017, 11:25:51 AM »

I guess the General Sherman monuments are next on the list,  eh?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #641 on: August 17, 2017, 11:25:56 AM »

As Trump defends Confederate statues, a reminder that one of his golf courses has a plaque commemorating a completely made up Civil War battle: https://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/11/25/us/politics/in-renovation-of-golf-club-donald-trump-also-dressed-up-history.html

FAKE HISTORY!
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #642 on: August 17, 2017, 11:28:59 AM »

Actually, as a Georgian I'd have no problem with no Sherman monuments.  Smiley  But you're missing the key point here: we shouldn't be raising statues to people who fought AGAINST this country.  Lee, Jackson, etc. may have had some admirable qualities.  But that doesn't change the fact that they were enemies of the United States. 
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #643 on: August 17, 2017, 11:34:10 AM »

As Trump defends Confederate statues, a reminder that one of his golf courses has a plaque commemorating a completely made up Civil War battle: https://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/11/25/us/politics/in-renovation-of-golf-club-donald-trump-also-dressed-up-history.html

FAKE HISTORY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjfYTWJof5M
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #644 on: August 17, 2017, 11:40:07 AM »

Better relevance (fake stuff and the CW) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxsIR_5dt38

General Cartman Lee!
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #645 on: August 17, 2017, 12:36:43 PM »

You're not even attempting to hide it anymore.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #646 on: August 18, 2017, 02:32:56 AM »

YesYoureRacist has identified the guy in the white (light-colored) shirt in the front row (center-right) in the image above, as Cvjetanovic, 20, a student at the University of Nevada in Reno.

Wow.
This young dude has one messed-up brain. There is so much wrong in his statement above, that I don't know where to start.

General Robert E Lee was defending the Confederacy because of the South's insistence with keeping slavery alive. Lee fought to continue the practice of white people owning black slaves. Yet this guy says he wants to just "honor and respect what he stood for during his time."

Am I missing something here ? What kind of logic is this ?

Anyone have a link to the dude's FB account?

PAC-12 Football Season is heating up, and I would imagine that UNLV doesn't want to be associated with this a**hole, and most likely he has violated other student Code of Conduct policies in the past few years locally...

Time to name and shame the Nazis, instead of fighting them on the Streets of America.... We are now the majority, and although "Free Speech" is technically legal that even including the Snakes at the head of the Movement, it will likely make life much more uncomfortably for those "new alt.right" Nazis/Fascists marking through the streets of Virginia with torches calling for a new Modern Day Holocaust in America based upon their faded copy of "The Turner Diaries" that they bought off of Amazon.Com for $2.99 + Free Shipping.

We can't expect the Feds to do s**t anymore, since apparently the modern day definition of terrorism only involves individuals that have either pledged allegiance to US identified Terrorist organizations, or are "providing material support" for same organizations.

Apparently in the mind of the current President, Domestic Terrorism does not exist, despite the opinions and attitudes of leading Democrats and Republicans alike....

The current Administration is "Blind in the Right Eye" (Old saying that I heard living in Germany back in the early '90s).... What does it say where I have to agree the Sessions is actually somewhat doing his job on Domestic Terrorism, but not the current PUSA?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #647 on: August 18, 2017, 03:51:37 AM »

A monument to Heinrich Himmler surely is meant to remember history

The Nazis were just the same as the Allies!! - trump, probably
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #648 on: August 18, 2017, 04:18:31 AM »

So.... not sure if any of y'all posting have actually lived in a region/State targeted by these organizations in order to expand their fantasy dream of a White Supremacist Homeland....

I have made multiple posts on this very thread, of which I deleted almost all, since the most recent incident of White Supremacist terrorist violence.

The reason that I did so, was that my reactions were triggered by an emotional based response, and not connected with my personal experience growing up in a Region targeted by that movement.

1.) In the 1980s key bankers and political propaganda distributors of the Neo-Nazi movement started to aggressively target the Pac NW, from Seattle to SF, and all the way East to places in the Inland Empire of Eastern Washington and Northern Idaho.

Their logic was because at that time the population was so overwhelmingly "White" that this would be their natural homeland and base to establish their "Race War" based upon the despicable narrative of "The Turner Diaries".

2.) Their message was generally not well received in the Cities of Seattle, Portland, and San Francisco. Generally Punk Rockers in these Cities were "Peace Punkers", although some of my HS friends were Skinhead Punks, they were Anti-Racist Skins that would wear Bomber jackets with American Flag patches, and frequently various types of ARA patches.

3.) Their supporters were mainly imported from other regions of the Country, combined with some local recruits they were able to achieve by latching onto the "Lumpen" elements of the various communities.

4.) Although White Aryan Resistance (WAR) was perhaps the most infamous of these Nazi formations that established a significant base of support in the PacNW, because of the murder of an African Immigrant at the hands of Nazi-Skins in Portland back in '87, they were actually much less influential as an overall organization than many others.

5.) Still, there were battles in the streets of Portland, Salem, and Eugene (And others) between "Nazi Punks" and "Anarchists" between '86 and '91, because of the extremely physically aggressive and violent nature of what we were seeing in our local communities. We had no choice....

6.) The American Front took over from WAR, as the biggest player in the Neo-Nazi movement in the PacNW. Based out of SF, they established cells and "lieutenants" in every Medium Sized City between Seattle and SF as part of a deliberate strategic and tactical plan.

I inadvertently met their main Lieutenant for the Mid-Valley Part of Oregon when I was 16, not realizing what he was.

Within six months of their expansion, they had a posse of a dozen "storm-troopers" in the small town of 50k where I lived, with identical combat boots and patches laced up with the correct shoelaces (Anyone who understands the Nazi Punk subculture knows what I am talking about).

Next thing you know, local coffee shops, bars, and other social gathering places known for having a higher concentration of Gays, Leftists, etc are starting to hire private security guards to protect their customers from verbal intimidation. Meanwhile, there is an epidemic of interracial couples tires getting slashed, windows smashed, racist graffiti, etc....

7.) After a six month reign of terror they were chased off... the same cell was tied to an organization in the sister City of Corvallis, the Blue Collar Manufacturing City of Albany.... Over 1,000 residents in a town of ~40k at that time, showed up to turn their backs on the Nazis.

8.) Salem--- they faced a harsher sentence.... A few blocks from the State Capitol one of their key Lieutenants was shot dead in a public park. I don't believe the murder has ever been solved.... according to some accounts the a**hole approached some Latino dude in the Park and started threatening him.... Other conspiracy accounts say he was murdered by other members of the AF because of factional rivalries and lack of success in recruiting Pacific Northwest Whites to join their Aryan Revolution.... who knows???

9.) Eugene--- So, the major Neo-Nazi organization having been beat back in their attempts to recruit in the Mid-Valley try to retreat to a "Big City" in Southern Oregon. They are living in a handful of "compounds", because of their communalistic based social structure, is basically a small number of houses and apartments.

Then they shot up a synagogue.... even though it was at night people could easily have died at that hands of these Terrorists.... These thugs were well know to members of the local community.

Law Enforcement wasn't doing anything initially....

So, about two dozen Anarchist punks with baseball bats showed up to tell them to leave town at their major "compound"....  this was recounted from someone that had personal knowledge of the incident.

They left town ASAP, and then a few months later several of them were arrested and charged with various Felony Hate Crime charges under Oregon Revised Statute....

10.) We fought back against these thugs in the late '80s/ early '90s because they were coming into our communities. Assaulting people that we knew. Creating a climate of fear and intimidation in our bars and coffee shops. Trying to intimidate Ethnic minorities to flee as part of their Racist vision of their idealistic White Homeland.

11.) Right after the Nazi terrorist assault in Charlottesville I posted a Black & Red flag, that reminded me of the struggles that we had to go through to clear these scum off the streets of Oregon. I pulled it shortly, recognizing that it might be considering excessively provocative at the time, and undermine the fundamental point that I was trying to make.

12.) If the Trump Administration and Federal Law Enforcement won't deal with these Terrorists and Terrorist supporters, there are many that will use a wide variety of tactics "By All Means Necessary" to ensure that White Supremacists do not become a dominant force in any City, County, nor State of the United States of America,,,,

Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #649 on: August 18, 2017, 04:20:30 AM »

Leftists supporting employers' right to fire employees for legal activities they do off the clock.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies