Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:14:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 28
Author Topic: Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville)  (Read 41035 times)
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: August 13, 2017, 10:38:58 AM »

Love it.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #501 on: August 13, 2017, 10:46:18 AM »

Informing their parents would probably have more effect
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #502 on: August 13, 2017, 10:47:13 AM »

That Twitter feed has apparently misidentified a few innocent people. That's outrageously not OK.

It's certainly fair to expose neo-Nazis, but you absolutely cannot implicate the wrong guy.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #503 on: August 13, 2017, 10:49:22 AM »

That Twitter feed has apparently misidentified a few innocent people. That's outrageously not OK.

It's certainly fair to expose neo-Nazis, but you absolutely cannot implicate the wrong guy.

That's completely true, wanted to post it myself but forgot Sad. Which is why I'm really wary of amateurs trying to identify people.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #504 on: August 13, 2017, 10:50:05 AM »

Now excuse me while the GOP goes back to suppressing minority voting
Wow, you're one strong partisan hack.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #505 on: August 13, 2017, 10:51:21 AM »

So, who wants to bet Charlottesville becomes a watershed historical moment that helps define the Trump era? Seems a good bet.
His first major domestic test and he failed miserably.

This will probably hurt his numbers in a manner disproportionate to its significance, as it 1. As you said, is his first domestic test 2. It reinforces and makes more credible a pre-existing reputation of his and 3. It gives a convenient point for his soft support to jump ship
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #506 on: August 13, 2017, 11:02:28 AM »

For a group so dedicated to beating Democrats and the Left the neo-Nazis and the white supremacists did a great deal to help them yesterday.

Really, how much more could they have done? They demonstrated they were bigots who liked the idea of running down counter protestors with cars and openly doing night time rallies with torches (minus the hoods) while disparaging Jews and non-whites.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #507 on: August 13, 2017, 11:09:59 AM »

This is a pretty good post I saw on the issue...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

WRONG!

https://twitter.com/YesYoureRacist/status/896713553666871296
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #508 on: August 13, 2017, 11:11:00 AM »

Did I forget to mention 80% of them were MAGA people? That there were Trump MAGA hats and people professing love for the God Emperor?

Once more they did a bang up job of helping their critics. I for one take pleasure in that. I hope the Neo-Nazis and the white segregationists are shunned and forced into becoming recognized as clearly morally offensive and unworthy to participate in democracy.

The TOS forbids me to say more but you can guess what I would say about these people if I could.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #509 on: August 13, 2017, 11:13:59 AM »
« Edited: August 13, 2017, 11:28:56 AM by Compassion Fills the Void »

If only this guy was present at the rally.

Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #510 on: August 13, 2017, 11:15:42 AM »

Did I forget to mention 80% of them were MAGA people? That there were Trump MAGA hats and people professing love for the God Emperor?

Once more they did a bang up job of helping their critics. I for one take pleasure in that. I hope the Neo-Nazis and the white segregationists are shunned and forced into becoming recognized as clearly morally offensive and unworthy to participate in democracy.

The TOS forbids me to say more but you can guess what I would say about these people if I could.

The TOS forbids you from what? Calling for violence against them?
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #511 on: August 13, 2017, 11:17:16 AM »

For a group so dedicated to beating Democrats and the Left the neo-Nazis and the white supremacists did a great deal to help them yesterday.

Really, how much more could they have done? They demonstrated they were bigots who liked the idea of running down counter protestors with cars and openly doing night time rallies with torches (minus the hoods) while disparaging Jews and non-whites.

Well, they just got a load of attention. It all was negative, but it probably also helped "the MSM hates white people" narrative. They'll never get a majority of American people behind their ideas (yes, a sizable minority of Trump voters presumably isn't deplorable) so riling up and slightly expanding their hateful little base is all they can wish for.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #512 on: August 13, 2017, 11:17:21 AM »

Does the TOS prohibit this?

https://youtu.be/KnrRy6kSFF0
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #513 on: August 13, 2017, 11:23:17 AM »

The TOS forbids you from what? Calling for violence against them?

In the sense I have rather strong opinions against them and would ah, let us say express them pungently. I will say that they are the face of evil. The alt right demonstrated yesterday that they're part of an evil ideology.
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #514 on: August 13, 2017, 11:23:33 AM »

Well, they just got a load of attention. It all was negative, but it probably also helped "the MSM hates white people" narrative. They'll never get a majority of American people behind their ideas (yes, a sizable minority of Trump voters presumably isn't deplorable) so riling up and slightly expanding their hateful little base is all they can wish for.

It's sad that "reporting on Neo-Nazis" is now the same as "hating on white people." And it's sad that a lot of people genuinely subscribe to this line of thinking.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #515 on: August 13, 2017, 11:26:29 AM »

Wtf? How in the world would any rational person see yesterday's MSM coverage as anti-white unless you're a racist yourself?

Not. But as demonstrated yesterday there are a lot of racists, and a lot of them are still lurking in their basements.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #516 on: August 13, 2017, 11:28:00 AM »

The people who went to that rally (not the counter protestors) are treasonous filth and are indeed evil. They are the face of the damned and this is the beating heart of the alt right. There that's the TOS acceptable way to say it.
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #517 on: August 13, 2017, 11:31:51 AM »

To quote Twitter user Julius Goat:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #518 on: August 13, 2017, 11:33:08 AM »
« Edited: August 13, 2017, 11:34:50 AM by TD »

Can we just all agree white nationalists and Nazis are evil people? And they're probably those who would take up arms against the United States if given half a chance?

Can we also all agree the alt right's beating heart and core is white nationalism?
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #519 on: August 13, 2017, 11:33:23 AM »

There are so many real problems and crises going on in the world right now.
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #520 on: August 13, 2017, 11:34:25 AM »

"Many problems, many crises." /s
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #521 on: August 13, 2017, 11:39:26 AM »

There are so many problems. So many, many problems. But don't worry, I'm going to solve them all. I'm going to solve them all, like nobody ever solved problems. It's true!
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #522 on: August 13, 2017, 11:50:01 AM »

Exactly. These people are p***ies.

Note that our resident apologist coward krazen hasn't shown his face in this thread yet. Wonder why.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #523 on: August 13, 2017, 11:52:25 AM »
« Edited: August 13, 2017, 12:21:21 PM by TD »

Exactly. These people are p***ies.

Note that our resident apologist coward krazen hasn't shown his face in this thread yet. Wonder why.

Probably tired after attending the rally, if he went (and strong probability the guy who declared that there was a “war on whites” could've gone there). Pennsylvania is pretty close to Virginia. Gotta get his rest if so!
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #524 on: August 13, 2017, 11:57:52 AM »

The general sentiment is pretty good but that's still a stupid writing full of bad examples and inaccuracies. This part made me cringe:

"There is no travel ban on them because of their religion."

There isn't for anybody. It could've been accurate and just as relevant changing "religion" to "national origin" so why not do that?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 28  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies