Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:42:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally(Charlottesville)  (Read 41251 times)
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« on: August 12, 2017, 10:22:41 PM »

Can we now call the alt right "Radical Christian Terrorists"?
We've heard about "Radical Islamic Terrorists?"
We've heard about atheist Communists and the evil that they have done.

It seems that there are evil people in every "tribe".
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 10:34:50 PM »

If the KKK has nothing to do with Christianity, could you also say that ISIS has nothing to do with Islam? Could you say that NK has nothing to do with atheism? I think that you get my point.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 11:16:32 PM »

Some have criticized atheists because of the evils that some Communists have done. Is it fair to blame all atheists?
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 11:40:57 PM »

Can we now call the alt right "Radical Christian Terrorists"?
We've heard about "Radical Islamic Terrorists?"
We've heard about atheist Communists and the evil that they have done.

It seems that there are evil people in every "tribe".

Richard Spencer is an atheist, as are many alt-righters, others are into occult and paganism. There is no correlation between being a Christian and being alt-right.
The KKK is Christian. David Duke is part of the KKK and certainly was part of this protest.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 11:53:32 PM »

Some have criticized atheists because of the evils that some Communists have done. Is it fair to blame all atheists?

Not sure where you are coming from with that....

We have once again a terrorist assault committed at the hands of White Supremacists in the US....

Last time I checked Atheists and Communists aren't murdering people in the streets of America.

Maybe I am misinterpreting your point, but honestly it really sounds almost like an apology for the Neo-Nazi and White Supremacist murder, not to mention the daily physical assaults, burning down houses of worship and the like, that are currently being committed by these same political organizations and individuals....
Yes, you are missing the point. My point was that violence isn't just committed by any one group. ISIS is violent. Obviously I am referring to Communists leaders like Stalin etc and not anything going on in the US. The point is that you can't blame a whole group of people for what some of the people in the group do. You can't blame all Christians for what the KKK does. You can't blame Sanders for the shooting by just one of his supporters. etc
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2017, 11:55:40 PM »

Since Republicans like to talk about "Radical Islamic Terrorism", it seems fair to point out that Muslims are not the only ones who commit violence.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2017, 11:57:55 PM »

Since Republicans like to talk about "Radical Islamic Terrorism", it seems fair to point out that Muslims are not the only ones who commit violence.

Even the most depraved and ignorant Trumpist knows this. It's a ridiculous strawman.
You're missing the point.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2017, 12:04:07 AM »

There is a lot of overlap between religion and politics and the point is that a lot of wars have been waged at least in part because of religion. Wars can be waged for other reasons.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2017, 12:08:53 AM »

Yes, it should be obvious, but is it obvious to everyone? Why has there been so much of an issue of calling ISIS radical Islamic terrorists? It has been a silly talking point and the Republicans are the ones who have made much ado about nothing. That has been your straw man.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2017, 12:14:48 AM »

Yes, it should be obvious, but is it obvious to everyone? Why has there been so much of an issue of calling ISIS radical Islamic terrorists? It has been a silly talking point and the Republicans are the ones who have made much ado about nothing. That has been your straw man.
They call themselves the Islamic State...
That's what they call themselves, but they are also are referred to as ISIL and Daesh.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2017, 12:19:08 AM »

Uh, because they are Islamic terrorists? As noted they even call themselves the Islamic State.

If you want to refer to white supremacist terrorists as white supremacist terrorists, go ahead. It seems pretty logical to simply to refer to terrorists by their motivation and whatever their ideology is instead of twisting to fit them into categories they can only be extremely loosely linked to, if at all.
..and the KKK call themselves Christians. There motivation may come from their racism, rather than their religion, that would be the only difference. Why does it matter so much what they're called. Yes, I know the I in ISIS is Islam, so it really shouldn't even be an issue, right?
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2017, 12:32:31 AM »

Uh, because they are Islamic terrorists? As noted they even call themselves the Islamic State.

If you want to refer to white supremacist terrorists as white supremacist terrorists, go ahead. It seems pretty logical to simply to refer to terrorists by their motivation and whatever their ideology is instead of twisting to fit them into categories they can only be extremely loosely linked to, if at all.
..and the KKK call themselves Christians. There motivation may come from their racism, rather than their religion, that would be the only difference. Why does it matter so much what they're called. Yes, I know the I in ISIS is Islam, so it really shouldn't even be an issue, right?

If you want to call the KKK a Christian terrorist group, I honestly wouldn't care. Although it's worth noting that the KKK went bankrupt during the FDR administration and hasn't existed for seven decades, and any group calling itself KKK today is just a basically just a bunch of racist cosplayers. "The KKK" as an actual unified organization doesn't really exist anymore.

That has nothing to do with whether the driver of that car is a Christian terrorist, because there is no evidence he was part of some KKK group as there were many other white nationalist groups present. So referring to him as a "Christian terrorist" is simply not correct. And yet, he's probably not a Muslim either, so even that doesn't weaken the blatantly obvious point that not just Muslims commit violence. So why even bother making this ridiculous line of argument?
I don't care what you call the KKK, but they call themselves Christian. I wasn't making an argument at all I was simply asking a simple question. So there is no point in continuing this discussion.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies