Truman for Prime Minister : Once More into the Breach
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:19:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Truman for Prime Minister : Once More into the Breach
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Truman for Prime Minister : Once More into the Breach  (Read 1184 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2017, 07:11:29 PM »

The People's Revolutionary Democratic Centre endorses Prime Minister Truman for reelection. We do not support the challenger Wulfric.
My sincere thanks, Madam Chairman; good luck with your campaign for the Commons!
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2017, 08:50:11 PM »

Endorsed, duh.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2017, 09:47:05 PM »

Many thanks, Mr. Vice President-emeritus!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2017, 11:50:16 PM »

This is it, folks.

In mere minutes, the candidates will step from the stage, the lights of the campaign buses will dim, and we will begin to know, at last, the will of the Fremontian people. We are all equals at this hour, all common citizens, not a noble or king amongst us; and we submit ourselves, with a humility that transcends all questions of party and faction, to the judgement of the ballot box. There will be no riots, no attempts to undo the result of this judgement by force, for each of us knows and celebrates the eternal truth that we are greater, wiser, happier together than ever we could be alone.

For eight months, it has been the policy of this government to place the health and prosperity of the commonwealth before all other interests. I have always endeavored to represent, not just my own party or position, but the whole people; I have sought the counsel and support of conservatives on initiatives ranging from education to labor rights to healthcare, and their votes have helped to pass every major initiative of my ministry. I did not need to do this — over my several terms, I have always had recourse to a center-left majority in the legislature; rather, I did so because it was the right thing to do, because diversity of opinion makes a stronger commonwealth, and because the mission of government is larger than any party platform or political philosophy : it is, as our Founding Fathers wrote, nothing more or less than the pursuit of a "more perfect union." It is this pursuit that brings us together tonight, and that compels me to ask now for your votes.

Whether you are left or right, Laborite or Federalist, I urge you to make your way now to the polls and cast your ballot for a better Fremont. Our future is in your hands.

Harry S Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2017, 05:02:43 PM »

Thank you! Thank you very much!

I am very grateful indeed to my brethren, the citizens of the West, for the great compliment they pay me in this result, and happier still to have the opportunity to continue the work we have begun in the next parliament. It is a real vote of confidence, and I intend to use it to build a stronger, fairer, and more vibrant democracy for this greatest of regions.

lex populusque patriae reget
Harry S Truman
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies