LouisvilleThunder for Lincoln Senator Campaign Office--People First!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:56:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  LouisvilleThunder for Lincoln Senator Campaign Office--People First!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LouisvilleThunder for Lincoln Senator Campaign Office--People First!  (Read 311 times)
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 13, 2017, 11:51:50 AM »
« edited: October 03, 2017, 06:13:04 PM by Representative LouisvilleThunder »

The Ruins of the Packard Automobile Plant in Detroit, Michigan

I'm kicking off my campaign in front of this symbol of American economic prowess and a vehicle of prosperity for the Average Joe that once represented the hopes and dreams of the future of our nation. Due to decades of of neglect by greedy corporations and the negligence of our government to care about creating better quality jobs for these people, they have become cynical about government and rightfully so. We need to work to restore the Atlasian dream for all people, so that everyone can partake in the prosperity that is possible, and make sure that government actually works in the best interest of the people while protecting the protecting rights, freedoms, and liberties from abuse by the government.

Hello people of Lincoln! I am running for the Senate because I want to make life better for all people by striking the best balance between personal freedom, economic prosperity and fairness, and the security of our great nation of Atlasia. I will support policies that benefit the neediest among us without hurting any of our citizens by using our free market with sensible regulations to help spread prosperity to all of our people. I also support life in all stages, and we should use government to help bring people out of poverty without fostering a culture of dependency. I believe that progress isn't a zero sum game, and that everyone can be a winner in the game of life through the sheer determination of our people with the aid of a good government that works for all people. I am running as a new kind of Federalist who will shake up Atlasia. As a relatively new player who is not part of the old guard establishment, I ask you all to give me a chance to fight for a better, fairer, and more prosperous Atlasia. I would love to have the support of everyone, so we can move beyond petty hyper-partisan politics. It's time to inject some new fresh blood into our government in order to renew civic involvement to strengthen our democracy. l will answer every question you all ask me. I'm an outsider who hopes to cultivate amazing relationships with the people of Lincoln, because I plan on staying in touch and focus on being transparent in my communication with citizens. I also support moving to a more direct style of democracy through promoting as many referendums over legislation as possible in order to give people as much say as possible over the governance of their lives.

I hope this election will be an exciting adventure that is also good, clean, and fair race. I applaud the efforts of my opponent, Senator Scott, who is bringing interesting, diverse ideas, and visions as well as a voting record up for a passionate discourse. I am running a positive campaign focused on our future as a country, and I will always maintain my laser focus on the issues that matter to the country because I care about all people, and I will put them before party and other politicians. That's why I'm asking you to give me the honor of representing all of you by voting for me.

List of Endorsements
Senator-Elect ZuWo (South-KY)I-CH
The People's Revolutionary Democratic Center
Kamala (Fremont-SD)D-SD
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 12:21:29 PM »

The Thunder Plan
I will support the most objective nominees for the Supreme Court with the highest levels of integrity, as displayed in their posts throughout their time in participating in Atlas Forum, in order to allow fairer and more balanced rulings. I also don't want to be an obstructionist to decent nominees by our excellent President, dfw libertylover, but I will stand with my principles by voting no if he nominates someone that I find unfit to serve on the court. However, I will favor nominees who support Regional rights to the most reasonable and fairest extent in the best interest of our population as possible. I will also apply this same philosophy whenever I vote on bills. I also care about my values and principles. I will also pledge to protect life from the womb to old age through the efforts of a good government that aims to put people and families first. That means fixing our education system to prepare our children to have better lives than their parents, eliminating college tuition for intelligent students who are unable to afford college, a training program for workers who lack the skills to compete in a 21st century economy, and we will protect our social security programs for our elderly who have contributed so much to our country earlier in their live--since they should never starve to death or suffer in crippling poverty after a life of hard work. I also support our troops and veterans who must be treated well when they go home. I will push for psychological treatment to be offered to any soldier who needs it, and each veteran will have the opportunity to get a college education or a grant to start a business. I am also against any aggressive wars of choice as I am a pure noninterventionist at heart, but if we are directly and deliberately physically attacked in Atlasia by any country or terrorist organization, then I'll give 'em hell. However, I will never support destroying a country for the sake of profiteering by special interests through faulty intelligence. War is never in the best interest of our ordinary citizens since it causes too much death and destruction while it drains our economy of its prosperity and development, and I will only support it as a last resort. I also care about combating the droughts and all other natural disasters in a competent manner. I also want criminal justice reform because we need to focus on fixing the ills in society by prioritizing rehabilitation over punishment. I only support the death penalty in cases where there is undeniable evidence of terrorism, serial murders, and child murder. I support the legalization and regulation of marijuana similar to alcohol and tobacco, but I support banning hard drugs because they cause too much harm to people and society, and I support all efforts by law enforcement and the military to hunt down all drug cartel leaders since they are the root of the drug problems facing our nation, but we shouldn't give extreme punishments to minor drug offenders since mass incarceration only breeds more crime and violence in our most poverty stricken communities. I support universal background checks on all gun purchases in order to keep our people safe, but I also strongly support a right to bear arms for law-abiding mentally sane citizens. I am opposed to all barriers to free speech, religion, assembly, press, and petition unless it physically endangers other people. I also support protecting our LGBT community. That means upholding same-sex marriage and the right to identify as any gender you feel like since it doesn't cause harm to anyone and it is a fundamental freedom. I oppose abortion in all cases except life of the mother or rape, but I strongly support comprehensive sex education and easy access to birth control. I also care about protecting our environment while we make sure that those displaced by the loss of high polluting industries such as coal are able to find new jobs (preferably in the renewable energy industry) before I would vote for new environmental regulations. I want Atlasia to eventually switch over to renewable energy for the sake of our climate, economy, and for the quality of our environment for the people, but we should do it in a smart way without hurting the people that we are supposed to help. I support comprehensive immigration reform because we need to help the existing millions of undocumented immigrants who are already here, to come out of hiding so they can live in dignity by being able to earn civilized wages and be able to contribute to our economy in more productive and efficient ways since the formerly illegal immigrants can receive training and education that would pay for themselves over time, and that's how our economy can grow. I also support tough border security in order for our country to remain secure, and to prevent extremely large numbers of immigrants from overwhelming our system. Another interesting way to limit future immigration is to support the production of films that don't present Atlasia as such an amazing place to live for international markets, so that we can focus on bringing prosperity to our people first. We should have extreme vetting through sweeping criminal background checks of refugees from countries that have a lot of violence, but we should never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, or ethnicity. I believe in supporting all efforts in scientific research in order to stimulate the economy and help it grow and advance. I also support our space program because the investments made in the research by our government will pay for itself. I will support a privatization of more simple satellite launches and space travel as we move further ahead in our discoveries, as the government should be the main catalyst for most research and the major milestones. I also care deeply about medical research, as we should work to find cures for diseases. I also support stricter controls on prescription drug prices. I would also consider a public option for healthcare that would be optional for people to participate in, so that health insurance companies will have to compete with an entity that doesn't have a profit motive in order to remove the price gouging that's been left unchecked for far too long.  For those of you who are wondering how I plan to pay for this, I will propose an audit of all of our government departments so we can cut waste and fraud, I will also also make sure that all new government programs can either pay for themselves within up to 10 years or those programs that are morally important but fiscally unsound will borrow money from profitable services. I would be willing to support a massive stimulus program, that would eventually pay for itself, to support small businesses only since they are the ones that need the help the most by allowing them to hire more people so we can bring unemployment down and make wages rise. I support a plan to wean our economy off of corporate welfare having them to keep their money in Atlasia through stricter laws against allowing them to dump their profits in overseas accounts and by requiring them to invest a greater portion of their profits in their own businesses or in wage raises for their workers. This will help grow the economy and solve income inequality. I promise I will not raise tax rates, but I will support stronger enforcement of tax evasion by closing loopholes and access to offshore tax havens while I support tax cuts for the poor and middle class. However, I will allow corporations the option to allocate a portion of their owed taxes to wage raises for their employees. I will also support handing control of some federal programs over to the regions on the condition that they provide adequate funding in order to maintain or exceed the quality of these programs. This will allow the Federal government more leeway to focus on more innovative research and development to improve the quality of services and standards. This will renew the people's confidence in the government's ability to do good for our country.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 04:17:55 AM »

As I said during and after our primary last month, I'll support you in your next campaigns since I can get behind large parts of your platform and have seen your great activity and dedication. So from one Senator-elect to hopefully another, consider yourself endorsed!
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 05:16:06 PM »

As I said during and after our primary last month, I'll support you in your next campaigns since I can get behind large parts of your platform and have seen your great activity and dedication. So from one Senator-elect to hopefully another, consider yourself endorsed!
Thank you very much. I hope to be an excellent ally of yours if I'm elected to the Senate.

Also, my office is open to any question at any time.
Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 05:17:04 PM »

Endorsed.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 06:10:35 PM »

The People's Revolutionary Democratic Centre officially endorses LouisvilleThunder for Senator from Lincoln.
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 06:26:41 PM »

The People's Revolutionary Democratic Centre officially endorses LouisvilleThunder for Senator from Lincoln.
Thank you, keep the support coming. I will always put people first!
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2017, 09:41:45 AM »

Come vote for me! Every vote counts!
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=271032.0