SJW's Take Issue with...the Maryland Flag (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:47:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  SJW's Take Issue with...the Maryland Flag (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SJW's Take Issue with...the Maryland Flag  (Read 2939 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

« on: August 13, 2017, 03:16:54 PM »

SJWs are every bit as toxic as the other 'side'.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 12:09:39 PM »

Side X: Jews, blacks, Catholics, and immigrants are inferior beings and thus need to be removed from our country or killed.

Side Y: We think this flag is bad.

Reasonable Person:

Side X: Riot on the streets, burn down town; white people can't eat ethnic food; don't say 'radical Islamic terrorism', "demographics is destiny"

Side Y: Elect maniac president, ignore facts or truth; hold fascist rallies, drive car into crowds; Islam should be banned, immigrants are the devil

I see no difference. Both are focused on identity and both are absurd.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 04:04:19 PM »
« Edited: August 14, 2017, 04:17:32 PM by Beet »

Side X: Jews, blacks, Catholics, and immigrants are inferior beings and thus need to be removed from our country or killed.

Side Y: We think this flag is bad.

Reasonable Person:

Side X: Riot on the streets, burn down town; white people can't eat ethnic food; don't say 'radical Islamic terrorism', "demographics is destiny"

Side Y: Elect maniac president, ignore facts or truth; hold fascist rallies, drive car into crowds; Islam should be banned, immigrants are the devil

I see no difference. Both are focused on identity and both are absurd.

How can you say this just two days after "Side Y" killed an innocent young woman?

If you think this is a fair comparison, you're just doing the work of the Nazis.

Okay- Here is what some people on your side have to say about this "innocent young woman"

Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 04:19:54 PM »

Are you seriously drawing an equivalency between random anonymous people on Reddit, who may or may not even be real, to the president of the United States and his administration?

Hate is not a partisan issue, it's a part of human nature. Thus, everyone is capable of it. Liberals turning hate into a vehicle to bash a major US political party has been part of the problem, exacerbating the GOP's worst tendencies. There have always been plenty of non-hateful Republicans, but they are more and more besieged, feeling they can't choose between their party allegiance and their opposition to bigotry.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 11:07:18 PM »

I still don't get why people think I'm a troll. I may have made some posts in the past that were expressions of my anxieties, some of which turned out to be justified, but most of my viewpoints are quite real. I may perhaps just need to forget about politics, as it's not good for my personal mental health.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 11:15:52 PM »

That's because the Democratic party was such a fail I thought maybe I could have more influence on things as a Republican. After two weeks I realized I couldn't stomach being one. Okay, more like after a few days but I did keep up the charade for another week and a half to look less pathetic. I probably should just stop posting on Atlas for a while.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2017, 09:58:18 AM »

I still don't get why people think I'm a troll. I may have made some posts in the past that were expressions of my anxieties, some of which turned out to be justified, but most of my viewpoints are quite real. I may perhaps just need to forget about politics, as it's not good for my personal mental health.

The time where you flip-flopped into being a pro-Trump Republican for about 1-2 weeks springs to mind.

That's because the Democratic party was such a fail I thought maybe I could have more influence on things as a Republican. After two weeks I realized I couldn't stomach being one. Okay, more like after a few days but I did keep up the charade for another week and a half to look like less of a flip flopper. I probably should just stop posting on Atlas for a while.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies