SJW's Take Issue with...the Maryland Flag (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:30:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  SJW's Take Issue with...the Maryland Flag (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SJW's Take Issue with...the Maryland Flag  (Read 2944 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« on: August 13, 2017, 02:23:06 PM »

I am generally pretty far left,  but this seems stupidly overkill. It's the kind of thing that actually hurts the cause of equality in the long run.
From the article:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I understand the French colonial empire was a big enabler of the slave trade, so we'd better ban wearing red, white, and blue, too. Oh, and the nobility liked white, so we have to ban plain white, too.  In fact, let's just create a whole scheme of modern sumptuary laws, too!

Oh, wait. The authors, signers, and ratifiers of the Constitution and Declaration of Independence owned slaves too. I guess we'd better trash those tomorrow and surrender our legal, financial and economic systems to the various Native American governments.

I understand (intellectually, if not at the gut level) the many biases inherent in modern American culture. And I do want to see us live up to our ideals in the real world.  At the same time, that real world is a complex place. The Left has won a lot in the last decade or two, and while there's a long way to go. The last thing we want to do is push those who disagree with us into Sun-Tzu's 'death ground'.

I have no sympathy for those who want to celebrate the evils of the past, or who try to lie about them to make them more glorious and justify evils in the present. Yet there is a spectrum with selfless defender of freedom on one end and spoiled crying infant on the other.  This seems more like the actions of someone drunk with (potential) power than that of someone whose primary interest is freedom and equality. In other words, it makes me think of the French Revolution's worse aspects, just a little.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 04:42:32 PM »

SJWs are every bit as toxic as the other 'side'.

Except that one side is running the government of the United States, is mostly united in it's deplorableness, and is doing its best to put it's noxious ideas into practice, and the other... isn't in power and wouldn't let SJW's call the shots if it was. Both sides are not equal.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies