Trump reelection campaign releases first tv ad
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:22:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Trump reelection campaign releases first tv ad
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Trump reelection campaign releases first tv ad  (Read 1310 times)
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 13, 2017, 04:17:26 PM »

https://youtu.be/vptm8IvmPck

Essentially just takes credit for the decently good economic environment Obama left behind.
60+ GOP Seats After 2018 GUARANTEED
ahugecat

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 04:21:42 PM »

My biggest problem with Trump is that his ego is inhumanly huge. I've known many narcissistic and egotistical people (including actors), but he takes it to a whole new level.

He wants to campaign so he can hold tons of rallies, be told how great he is, etc. etc.

I'm losing patience with him. I mean it's 2017 - worry about re-election in late 2019. All you have to do is wait one year before you can start campaigning again (for Senate/House/Gubernatorial candidates). He can't even do that.

TBH I think he wishes he won the popular vote but lost the electoral college.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 04:25:38 PM »

There's already a thread on this:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=270750.0

Tongue
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 04:27:39 PM »

Seems to be a different ad.
ahugecat

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 04:28:00 PM »

Essentially just takes credit for the decently good economic environment Obama left behind.

Can you explain what you mean by this?
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 04:35:43 PM »
« Edited: August 13, 2017, 04:37:19 PM by RFKFan68 »

Trump's first fiscal year has not started and the economy is doing the same numbers as Obama's last year.  (He was bragging about the 2.6 percent GDP growth that he criticized Obama for). He has not signed any legislation that would be meaningful to the economy at this point. He's taking credit for the alleged "mess" he inherited. But that's what snake oil salesmen do.
GGover
BBovine
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.06, S: 2.09

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2017, 04:38:07 PM »

He doesn't list any of his actual accomplishments, this ad is just Trump victimizing himself and listing a few things that he can't really take credit for.
ahugecat

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2017, 04:49:15 PM »

He doesn't list any of his actual accomplishments, this ad is just Trump victimizing himself and listing a few things that he can't really take credit for.

For some reason this ad really ticked me off. It made me legit peeved. I am starting to lose my patience with Trump.

He was supposed to be a  master negotiator - the greatest deal maker of our time. There's no one to blame but himself. He has a ton of leverage but refuses to use it. Trump couldn't negotiate getting a Big Mac with no pickles.

Do I regret voting for Trump? No, because the only other option for me was Ted Cruz, but Cruz was done by the time the CA primaries happened and Cruz had no path to 270 electoral votes anyway.

On one hand though, I have NO clue on why Trump is called an authoritarian because he is anything but.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2017, 06:46:51 PM »

For some reason this ad really ticked me off. It made me legit peeved. I am starting to lose my patience with Trump.

He was supposed to be a  master negotiator - the greatest deal maker of our time. There's no one to blame but himself. He has a ton of leverage but refuses to use it. Trump couldn't negotiate getting a Big Mac with no pickles.

Do I regret voting for Trump? No, because the only other option for me was Ted Cruz, but Cruz was done by the time the CA primaries happened and Cruz had no path to 270 electoral votes anyway.

On one hand though, I have NO clue on why Trump is called an authoritarian because he is anything but.
Since your state didn't come anywhere near deciding the election, you should have cast a protest vote for Johnson, McMullin, or Castle.
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2017, 06:54:27 PM »

This guy's really a pip.  He thinks he's all that and a bag of chips
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2017, 07:18:48 PM »

They should focus more of their energy into actually running the white house...until they are booted out.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2017, 07:29:47 PM »

Trump's first fiscal year has not started and the economy is doing the same numbers as Obama's last year.  (He was bragging about the 2.6 percent GDP growth that he criticized Obama for). He has not signed any legislation that would be meaningful to the economy at this point. He's taking credit for the alleged "mess" he inherited. But that's what snake oil salesmen do.

Sad!
ahugecat

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2017, 09:51:21 PM »

Since your state didn't come anywhere near deciding the election, you should have cast a protest vote for Johnson, McMullin, or Castle.

I always joked that since I live in California my vote doesn't count.

Looking back at it, I should've wrote in Ron Paul or Tulsi Gabbard.
GGover
BBovine
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.06, S: 2.09

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2017, 10:19:11 PM »

On your point about Trump being called an authoritarian, I agree that accusing Trump of being an authoritarian is kind of absurd. Trump's probably the weakest and most ineffective president we've had in decades, but I guess the accusations come from his treatment of the press and his macho image which reflect the actions a lot of third world dictators. I would deny that most republicans aren't authoritarians because of their belief in a small federal government, but when it comes to Trump, I would say he's not an authoritarian just because of his sheer incompetence and inability to get things done. Trump couldn't be a successful authoritarian even if he tried.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2017, 10:47:57 PM »

No one to blame but himself? What about the imbeciles who voted to put him in power?
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2017, 04:48:14 AM »

That ad is total garbage.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2017, 08:07:03 AM »

From my eyes, it looks ineffective, but it could prove effective to his base and (less likely) WWC swing voters.
Rjjr77
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2017, 09:03:48 AM »

No one to blame but himself? What about the imbeciles who voted to put him in power?
I'm one of those "imbeciles" I've been happy with quite a few things Trump's done.
ahugecat

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2017, 11:14:32 AM »

On your point about Trump being called an authoritarian, I agree that accusing Trump of being an authoritarian is kind of absurd. Trump's probably the weakest and most ineffective president we've had in decades, but I guess the accusations come from his treatment of the press and his macho image which reflect the actions a lot of third world dictators. I would deny that most republicans aren't authoritarians because of their belief in a small federal government, but when it comes to Trump, I would say he's not an authoritarian just because of his sheer incompetence and inability to get things done. Trump couldn't be a successful authoritarian even if he tried.

He promised to appoint a special prosecutor to go after Clinton.

Instead he appointed a special prosecutor to himself.

Like, how is he in any way authoritarian? He is a milquetoast to the 10th degree. If I were President and got elected like Trump (businessman with no prev. exp.) I would have been a pain in the ass and using all sorts of leverage against the swamp and Congress. I wouldn't be trying to "appease" them that's for damn sure! I'd be using all sorts of leverage - for example, DACA/Dream Act and marijuana dispensaries.

I'd probably be an authoritarian. Probably why I am getting impatient with Trump.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2017, 12:06:35 PM »
« Edited: August 14, 2017, 11:27:22 PM by Shadows »

He promised to appoint a special prosecutor to go after Clinton.

Instead he appointed a special prosecutor to himself.

Like, how is he in any way authoritarian? He is a milquetoast to the 10th degree. If I were President and got elected like Trump (businessman with no prev. exp.) I would have been a pain in the ass and using all sorts of leverage against the swamp and Congress. I wouldn't be trying to "appease" them that's for damn sure! I'd be using all sorts of leverage - for example, DACA/Dream Act and marijuana dispensaries.

I'd probably be an authoritarian. Probably why I am getting impatient with Trump.

Trump has no leverage. Tax Reform, Healthcare, Budget, Infrastructure - Everything has to go through Congress. He doesn't know how Congress works & the Republicans are strong in down ballot races & can win by disassociating from him. McCain denounced Trump & won comfortably, running many many points ahead of Trump & so did man down ballot candidates.

Trump is not loyal to anyone. He is feuding with his natural allies & loyalists like Jeff Sessions (because of his huge ego) & has treated natural allies Ted Cruz & the Freedom Caucus terribly. The moderates have always hated him. The media hates him & the people hate him too going by his terrible approval ratings. Simply put he is like a parasite, totally dependent on Paul Ryan & McConnell (he has 0 bills/policies of his own unlike Hillary/Bernie who had detailed policies of their own & has no hold on members of Congress). He is also a man-child who is terrible in terms of detailed policy positions. He can't read more than half a page & has to be shown graphs & pictures by his generals to make him understand simple issues.

The guy is a joke. How on earth would he be successful? Wasn't he supposed to build a wall, re-negotiate NAFTA, reverse the trade deficit with China, tear down the Iran deal & so on? He will achieve none of it.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2017, 12:26:08 PM »

Man, I sure am angry at those obstructionist Democrats and the lying media that aren't even in power right now and don't control any of the three branches of government.
ahugecat

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2017, 12:30:59 PM »

Man, I sure am angry at those obstructionist Democrats and the lying media that aren't even in power right now and don't control any of the three branches of government.

They have the filibuster and RINOs are a bigger problem.
Kyle Rittenhouse is a Political Prisoner
Jalawest2

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2017, 12:39:24 PM »

They couldn't even get a majority of votes. On any of their bills.
ahugecat

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2017, 12:44:02 PM »
« Edited: August 14, 2017, 12:46:22 PM by ahugecat »

Trump has no leverage.  Tax Reform, Healthcare, Budget, Infrastructure - Everything has to go through Congress. He doesn't know how Congress works & the Republicans are strong in down ballot races & can by disassociating from him. McCain denounced Trump & won comfortably, running many many points ahead of Trump & so did man downy ballot candidates.

Trump has a ton of leverage.

For example, you mention McCain. McCain is all for amnesty - so Trump can threaten to cancel DACA/Dream Act and go after them. Trump has so much leverage it's incredible. For example, if sanctuary cities don't want to comply with federal law, fine. Trump sends the DEA to make tons of arrests at marijuana dispensaries. That's what I would be doing.

McCain screwed Trump over the healthcare bill because Trump stopped backing Syrian rebels.

Down ballot candidates always do better than the President. It was the same with Obama.

Trump SHOULD be using his political capital and go after RINOs, but instead he continues to appease them. If Strange loses tomorrow, it will massively damage Trump's political capital. Why? Because I would have loved to see Trump use his political capital to primary Flake and Heller next year, but if he can't even help Strange (or barely helps him) he has no chance to primary them in 2018.

He is feuding with his natural allies & loyalists like Jeff Sessions (because of his huge ego)

I see what you're saying here.

The first thing Trump did after the election was promise not to go after the Clintons. So Sessions never went after them (stupid, stupid mistake by Trump). Now Trump is mad at him for doing exactly what Trump said to do.

Not only that, but Sessions recused himself from this bogus Russian investigation as well. THAT I can see Trump being mad over.

I am beyond pissed Trump didn't immediately go after Clinton and corruption. He promised to appoint a special prosecutor for her; instead he appointed one to himself. It's like a cartoon where the character lays a bomb, thinks he has his opponent trapped, smiles mischievously, but gets tricked and ends up blowing himself up.

has treated natural allies Ted Cruz & the Freedom Caucus terribly.

YES!

He has. And it's annoying. He continues to kiss Establishment ass and I am tired of it. I hope Strange loses and makes Trump look like a fool tomorrow.

The guy is a joke. How on earth would he be successful? Wasn't he supposed to build a wall, re-negotiate NAFTA, reverse the trade deficit with China, tear down the Iran deal & so on? He will achieve none of it.

He could do all this, but I honestly  don't think he has the brains to do so. If I were in Trump's position, I'd tell you this right now - I'd be getting crap done. I'd go no holds barrel no mercy.

He obviously never expected to actually win the Presidency.

Trump's biggest weakness is that he has to be loved by everyone. He demands fealty, not loyalty. This is a massive weakness and it's a mental illness issue, therefore I do not think he can overcome it.

Trump won't tear down the Iran deal BTW.

This ad really ticked me off because I hate complainers/people who blame everyone but themselves. Trump said he was a "master negotiator" but he's anything but.
ahugecat

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2017, 12:45:39 PM »

They couldn't even get a majority of votes. On any of their bills.

As I said, RINOs are a bigger problem than Democrats.

Trump won't play dirty with them and continues to give them everything they want. I hope Strange loses tomorrow so Trump can be made to look like a fool.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies