Day after attack, Trump re-election campaign launches attack ad on enemies
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:09:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Day after attack, Trump re-election campaign launches attack ad on enemies
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Day after attack, Trump re-election campaign launches attack ad on enemies  (Read 1371 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 13, 2017, 08:56:50 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/13/politics/donald-trump-campaign-ad/index.html?sr=fbCNN081317donald-trump-campaign-ad0529PMVODtop
Trapsy

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 09:03:20 PM »

Trump's governance is maximalism on steroids.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 09:17:01 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if his ad campaign includes dog-whistle praising of white-nationalist/Nazis.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 09:22:03 PM »

There are very few enemies left after the overwhelming victory in the 2016 elections, but I am glad to see our President press the attack!
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 09:29:18 PM »

'Let President Trump do his job'

Roflmao. It's like one of those Nigerian email scam messages, where it's deliberately badly written to filter out anyone who isn't stupid. Trump couldn't do the job if it was pouring spit out a boot with the instructions printed on the heel.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 09:39:55 PM »

I'm so unbelievably disappointed in Trump. I thought he'd act like a president and stop with the constant partisan attacks. But no, he won't stop.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2017, 09:42:49 PM »

I'm so unbelievably disappointed in Trump. I thought he'd act like a president and stop with the constant partisan attacks. But no, he won't stop.

... why on earth did you think this??
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2017, 09:46:27 PM »

Are you on drugs?! How in the blue hell could you ever reach that conclusion?!?!
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2017, 09:47:00 PM »

Obama started running for reelection after he won in '08. What do you expect. This is what presidents do.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2017, 09:50:51 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if his ad campaign includes dog-whistle praising of white-nationalist/Nazis.

Oh yeah.. Trump's definitely a nazi
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2017, 09:50:59 PM »

Obama started running for reelection after he won in '08. What do you expect. This is what presidents do.

Actually, first, he worked with Congress to save the auto industry, pass a stimulus package and enable millions of people to have health insurance who couldn't afford it before.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2017, 09:59:27 PM »

CC: Simple Truths Reservoir
Trump ain't a Nazi. The word 'Nazi' has a meaning which is being broadened needlessly thanks to overuse.
Call him a demagogue instead.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2017, 10:09:40 PM »

Trump ain't a Nazi. The word 'Nazi' has a meaning which is being broadened needlessly thanks to overuse.
Call him a demagogue instead.

It's amusing that we are asked to accept physical violence against Nazis when the word is thrown around so casually. Or rather, it would be amusing if it weren't so pathetic.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2017, 10:20:51 PM »

BOTH SIDES DO IT

Also, point to a specific, comparable example of Obama doing anything like this in 2009.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2017, 10:24:18 PM »

... why on earth did you think this??
Because I wanted to give him a chance?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2017, 04:05:48 AM »

There are very few enemies left after the overwhelming victory in the 2016 elections, but I am glad to see our President press the attack!

Yep. You and Trump are going to just run his enemies over! Amarite?

How was Charlottesville, btw?
SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2017, 06:54:45 PM »

The far-left thinks everyone on the right is a ''Nazi''. When they talk about how it should be acceptable to ''punch Nazis'', what they really mean is that they should be allowed to physically intimidate anyone who opposes their agenda into silence.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2017, 07:18:16 PM »

The far-left thinks everyone on the right is a ''Nazi''. When they talk about how it should be acceptable to ''punch Nazis'', what they really mean is that they should be allowed to physically intimidate anyone who opposes their agenda into silence.

Churchill was definitely on the Right -- indeed about as much a traditionalist as Francisco Franco.

Churchill was the most dangerous enemy that Hitler ever had.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2017, 07:23:08 PM »

Churchill was definitely on the Right -- indeed about as much a traditionalist as Francisco Franco.

That you should go back to the 1940s for a counterexample is pretty telling.
SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2017, 07:23:33 PM »

As I have said before, a lot of the men who fought the Nazis in WW2 would be considered ''Nazis'' themselves by the standards of the modern left, such as Enoch Powell.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies