Campaign Office of ReaganClinton
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:07:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Campaign Office of ReaganClinton
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Author Topic: Campaign Office of ReaganClinton  (Read 11210 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: February 19, 2018, 10:46:57 PM »

I just wanted our party to win a seat.
That would be the part everyone is upset about, yes.
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.30, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #101 on: February 19, 2018, 11:27:54 PM »

I can honestly say when I voted for you as 2nd perf. I didn’t know you stepped down. And I didn’t know what was being done. But this at the end of the day is just a game.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #102 on: February 20, 2018, 12:51:45 PM »

I don't have much patience for grousing from my dear comrades here, frankly.

The reality is that the public elected a Federalist, you, to Congress. I understand that you have a personal issue preventing you from serving and feel angered that this was disrespected. But I think it's an obvious fact that most of the public who voted for you were unaware of this - and, even if we're to make the leap and assume that they were, they certainly had no idea that you would then ransom off the seat to another party.

Let's look at this a simple way - did the people elect you, ReaganClinton, or a Federalist candidate, to Congress? Well, it's both, of course. But the logic is watertight - if they elected you, under normal circumstances you would serve. At that point if you wanted to change parties or whatever it would be disreputable but one could argue it was ethically valid. If they elected A Federalist Candidate, then you, or someone of that party, would serve.

Since you cannot serve, the most information any voter could plausibly have is that you were a Federalist candidate who would not be serving in Congress if elected. They thus either: voted for you not knowing this, in which case they expected a Federalist to serve in Congress, or voted for you knowing this, in which case they expected a Federalist replacement to serve in Congress.

Selling the seat to Young Texan, Blair or the Communist candidate is undemocratic in the extreme.

Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #103 on: February 20, 2018, 12:55:51 PM »

PUP isn't communist, Oakvale

Although I do agree giving the seat to YT is an awful idea and why would a Supreme Court Justice downgrade to the House and give up his position to a now fed region??
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #104 on: February 20, 2018, 12:59:16 PM »

But this at the end of the day is just a game.

Please Empty Quote this @everyone
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #105 on: February 20, 2018, 01:00:05 PM »

But this at the end of the day is just a game.

Please Empty Quote this @everyone

angery
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #106 on: February 20, 2018, 01:07:20 PM »

Also, RC, just pointing out that you can technically give the seat to whoever you want by making your own party and making yourself chair, then swearing in before resigning. You don't need to go through anyone.
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -6.96

P P P

« Reply #107 on: February 20, 2018, 01:58:32 PM »

Announcement: I will hold the seat until I find a suitable resolution.
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #108 on: February 24, 2018, 07:51:48 PM »
« Edited: February 24, 2018, 07:59:20 PM by ReaganClinton »

Welp, that sh**t's over. Back to business.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #109 on: February 24, 2018, 07:58:23 PM »

Well I wish you a quick recovery.

However, it seems to me that the fact the Feds apparently elected you didn't make your health situation and that I highly doubt resigning or expelling you from the House would make your health situation worse. So it would be great you stop behaving like if the Feds stabbed you to death.

Hopefully you will recover soon.
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #110 on: February 24, 2018, 08:01:15 PM »

However, it seems to me that the fact the Feds apparently elected you didn't make your health situation and that I highly doubt resigning or expelling you from the House would make your health situation worse. So it would be great you stop behaving like if the Feds stabbed you to death.

Look, it was my way of venting. I apologized to the party and patched things up with LouisvilleThunder. It isn't an issue anymore. I will serve out my House term and go from there.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #111 on: February 24, 2018, 08:02:55 PM »

Look, it was my way of venting. I apologized to the party and patched things up with LouisvilleThunder. It isn't an issue anymore. I will serve out my House term and go from there.
Perfect,
Best wishes with everything
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #112 on: March 12, 2018, 05:23:02 PM »

Announcement. Tomorrow. 8:00 PM EST.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #113 on: March 12, 2018, 05:51:27 PM »

Shocked
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #114 on: March 18, 2018, 04:53:57 PM »

Running for governor, more details later.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #115 on: March 18, 2018, 04:57:03 PM »

Running for governor, more details later.
Yes please
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #116 on: March 18, 2018, 05:34:31 PM »
« Edited: March 18, 2018, 06:32:07 PM by ReaganClinton »

Rep. ReaganClinton: "It's time to fix Lincoln."
Speech from New Haven, CT

Citizens of Lincoln, thank you for the warm welcome back from Nyman. A lot has gone down since we last held a speech here. Elections, turmoil, and a general distaste with many Government officials. Let me tell you all, from a first-hand experience, I have had the same opinions as many of you. When I had left Lincoln, we had elected our first Federalist Governor. Personally, I've always had my doubts about him, but now, we have a disaster of an Assembly directed by a so-called Governor who's a part of an extreme leftist party. Now, we have an election between him and a sore loser of a gubernatorial candidate. I've had enough, dammit. It's time to bring Lincoln back to the good days. I'm running for Governor so we can give our region a kick in the ass and get productivity finally going. It's time for action, and it's about damn time.
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #117 on: March 18, 2018, 06:05:48 PM »

Proudly Endorsed!
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #118 on: March 18, 2018, 07:24:26 PM »

There are just a few things in your speech I would like to correct the record on. You seem to think that PUP is an "extreme leftist" party. It's really a center-left party, which should be clear to most observers. You also seem to suggest that the current government isn't active with that line implying productivity isn't going in our region. I've been in Lincoln government since the First Lincoln Assembly, with only one break. This Assembly is the most active since before then. We aren't a "disaster."

Welcome to the race by the way, and good luck. Smiley
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #119 on: March 18, 2018, 08:55:18 PM »

I'd also like to raise your attacks on AZ as a matter for concern. AZ is not a 'so-called Governor', he's the Governor of Lincoln, period. He was legitimately elected and to suggest otherwise is downright irresponsible. Also PUP isn't an 'extreme leftist party', we're a center-left party. We have the best policies and vision for Atlasia, which are more than a match for any petty insults other parties may throw at us. I accept that not everyone loves PUP but your statement about it is unsubstantiated and plain wrong. Finally, I would like to reiterate what Mike Wells said and that he is doing a great job, and he should be given more credit. Good luck to you for your race, but I hope your statements are more truthful and informed in future. Everyone makes mistakes, just don't make the same mistakes again.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #120 on: March 18, 2018, 09:19:34 PM »

And...you evoked the full wrath of PUP. In spite of that, or possibly because of that, endorsed. Wink
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #121 on: March 18, 2018, 09:24:34 PM »

And...you evoked the full wrath of PUP. In spite of that, or possibly because of that, endorsed. Wink

Why don't you actually comment on the merits of what he said? It's only wrath-incurring because it's wrong and untrue.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #122 on: March 18, 2018, 09:36:47 PM »

Why don't you actually comment on the merits of what he said? It's only wrath-incurring because it's wrong and untrue.

It, again, was a joke. I was going to endorse him anyway, but I wanted to add a joke in.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #123 on: March 18, 2018, 09:53:13 PM »

To correct a few points made:
1. We are not a far left party but instead a sensible progressive party that aims to fight for middle and working class Atlasians. We also believe in transparency and party unity in how we conduct ourselves in interparty affairs.
2. We as an assembly have met regularly on discord to discuss legislation and government affairs. While I would love to improve my productivity it’s not like we have sat back and done nothing.

Anyway good-luck on your race Smile
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #124 on: March 18, 2018, 10:06:05 PM »

To correct a few points made:
1. We are not a far left party but instead a sensible progressive party that aims to fight for middle and working class Atlasians. We also believe in transparency and party unity in how we conduct ourselves in interparty affairs.
2. We as an assembly have met regularly on discord to discuss legislation and government affairs. While I would love to improve my productivity it’s not like we have sat back and done nothing.
Here's the thing, discord isn't atlas. Discord is a private system. If you're not on Atlas, how do we know if you're doing something shady or not? Transparency should be key in any administration. As for the far-left party comment, it has been stated by many PUP members that it is a left wing party alternative. My point is, PUP is just another Federalists ran by former Federalists disguised as a left-wing party. Now, if y'all would stop nagging me about the same old stuff and actually ask me something related to policy, I'd be happy to answer.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies