Opinion of the Charlottesville counter-protesters
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:34:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of the Charlottesville counter-protesters
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: Opinion of the counter-protesters?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 89

Author Topic: Opinion of the Charlottesville counter-protesters  (Read 1802 times)
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2017, 08:02:28 PM »

Peaceful counter-protestors are FFs, of course.

The Antifa thugs are HPs, just like the despicable Nazi scum.

i voted HP thinking of only Antifa, but count me as a FF voter here.
Gay Republican
Rookie

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2017, 06:43:18 AM »

Before I answer, are they the same ones that lit fires on the Berkeley Campus because of some guy speaking?

You mean the ones that prevented this exact thing from happening on their campus?

Let's stop violence with more violence!

Well we now have evidence that when this approach is taken, nazis will commit vehicular manslaughter against counter protesters so...

Yes because a pretty controversial gay conservative or a blonde bimbo with a Texas Public Schools education on the development of Civil Rights going to speak at Berkeley Campus is comparable to a large gathering of white nationalists protesting the removal of a confederate monument in Charlottesville with violence.

Okay. . . . . . . . . what?
Gay Republican
Rookie

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2017, 06:46:49 AM »

For the record I voted FF.

The involvement of "Antifa" supporters has been way overstated and even they didn't react violently until the neo-confederates started things.  Clearly that's self-defense.  Not to at all defend their previous records of vandalism, bombing banks and other sh*t but in this instance they were clearly in the right.

[/Not a fan of Antifa]
vanguard96
United States

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2017, 08:31:30 AM »

For example, the guy that disrupted and pushed the organizing Unite Right group speaker at city hall was not wearing antifa colors or a mask. What do you think of the non-antifa protesters that get physical?

At what point is counter-protesting going too far?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2017, 08:36:18 AM »

Generally FF, but I'm absolutely no fan of the violent ultra-left. In Europe, it's called the Black Block, in the US it's just crazy ultra-leftist students.
vanguard96
United States

« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2017, 09:07:21 AM »

Generally FF, but I'm absolutely no fan of the violent ultra-left. In Europe, it's called the Black Block, in the US it's just crazy ultra-leftist students.

I wonder if there is a concerted effort by people online or investigative journalists to 'out' antifa and other violent left protesters who are identified by video or eyewitness testimony. Such as going to their place of business and downrating the business, sending in petitions, etc. I don't have the time to do it though it seems some of my FB friends are in that crowd to do it to people they consider as racists, neo-Nazis, KKK, and white nationalists.

They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2017, 11:26:37 AM »

Before I answer, are they the same ones that lit fires on the Berkeley Campus because of some guy speaking?

You mean the ones that prevented this exact thing from happening on their campus?

Well we now have evidence that when this approach is taken, nazis will commit vehicular manslaughter against counter protesters so...

Yes because a pretty controversial gay conservative or a blonde bimbo with a Texas Public Schools education on the development of Civil Rights going to speak at Berkeley Campus is comparable to a large gathering of white nationalists protesting the removal of a confederate monument in Charlottesville with violence.

You really think that 1. there is no overlap between the alt-right and nazism and 2. nazis won't show up to "demonstrate" at a Milo/Tomi Lahren rally? Of course they will. These types play follow the leader. All it takes is one "rogue white nationalist" to decide that "antifa scum" should die for counterprotesting before we see a repeat of this.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2017, 11:38:19 AM »

HPs, just like the ones they protested.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2017, 11:41:46 AM »

FF. When did protesting nazis of all people become controversial?
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2017, 11:48:42 AM »

This, but Antifa is far less terrible than the Nazis. I mean, they're thugs, but they don't support genocide and violent racism.
Voted FF because the majority were peaceful.
vanguard96
United States

« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2017, 12:27:41 PM »

You really think that 1. there is no overlap between the alt-right and nazism and 2. nazis won't show up to "demonstrate" at a Milo/Tomi Lahren rally? Of course they will. These types play follow the leader. All it takes is one "rogue white nationalist" to decide that "antifa scum" should die for counterprotesting before we see a repeat of this.

Or one rogue antifa deciding a 'Nazi' or journalist for some capitalist propaganda media outlet is an easy target and underestimate how that nail in the board or brick could in fact kill someone.

Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2017, 12:54:43 PM »

All FF's, no exceptions
vanguard96
United States

« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2017, 01:15:06 PM »

The ones who in their blind fury to 'punch Nazis' that hit the Richmond TV cameraperson and the Hill reporter are heroes?

Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2017, 03:33:24 PM »

Antifa are HP and they should be held responsible for the damage they do, though they are certainly less culpable than the white supremacists here. The thugs on both the far-left and far-right can go sod off, ultimately. I will comment that peaceful counter-protestors are clear FFs.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2017, 03:38:10 PM »

Antifa are HP and they should be held responsible for the damage they do, though they are certainly less culpable than the white supremacists here. The thugs on both the far-left and far-right can go sod off, ultimately. I will comment that peaceful counter-protestors are clear FFs.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2017, 05:15:23 PM »

FF. When did protesting nazis of all people become controversial?
Gay Republican
Rookie

« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2017, 06:51:37 AM »

I don't think there is absolutely no overlap.  Obviously there is some, but if I'm reading your posts so far on this matter it sounds disturbingly authoritarian.  DO you really think that blocking any effort for any person or group to speak in public is going to end well for your side?  And do you really think that reacting violently, like the supremacists in Charlottesville did, is the only way to prevent fascism from taking over the country?
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2017, 08:35:29 AM »

^ Many of the ''Antifa'', if not most, are open communists.

Antifa's aren't the same kind of "far left" as #Marxists and Jacobins. The left is at least as diverse as the right.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2017, 08:55:19 AM »

Antifa's aren't the same kind of "far left" as #Marxists and Jacobins. The left is at least as diverse as the right.

Yeah, well if you get to call us all fascists, we get to call y'all communists.
vanguard96
United States

« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2017, 10:11:47 AM »

It's true though that does not make them any less extreme or repugnant.

An-coms who are new left / post modernists as opposed to old-school Bolsheviks, Leninists or Trotskyites are just as bad in my book - they say they are not coercive but the evidence points to the opposite.

At least with mutualists or syndicalists you can have a discussion and dialog. But not with the antifa.

Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2017, 10:15:45 AM »

Kleine Scheiße
PeteHam
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.16, S: -1.74

P P

« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2017, 11:06:57 AM »

Antifa are HP generally but in this instance the counter protestors served as FFs. Voted FF as such.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2017, 07:48:17 AM »

obvious FF vote
Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2017, 08:35:32 AM »

The difference is that calling you guys fascists is accurate, but calling us communists is not.
SNJ1985
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2017, 01:54:12 PM »

It's funny how the left routinely refers to everyone on the right as ''Nazis'', regardless of whether or not the label actually fits; yet they expect us to be nuanced when we describe them.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies