A Message From Gabriel Valley, California
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:42:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  A Message From Gabriel Valley, California
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Message From Gabriel Valley, California  (Read 331 times)
George W. Hobbes
Mr. Hobbes

Political Matrix
E: -0.38, S: 1.03

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 18, 2005, 06:00:56 PM »

Good afternoon,

As you all know, the polls will open in just a few short hours for the lieutenant governor's election in the Pacific Region.  And all of you also know me, Mr. Hobbes.  I've been on ballots before now and then, first as the UAC candidate for Senate in the Fifth District in August, 2004...exactly a year ago, then in a quick independent campaign in Minnesota to prevent extremists from wresting the seat from the people, and now tomorrow, I'll be asking for your votes for the office of lieutenant governor of the Pacific Region.

I think, after this last year, it's pretty clear where I stand.  I'm a social conservative, no two ways about it...and even though I've been told, again and again, that a social conservative cannot win in the Pacific, I'm looking forward to, with your help, proving the conventional wisdom wrong. 

I favor school prayer.  I favor a ban on abortion.  I favor the elimination of national income taxes.  I've made no bones about my Christian conservatism.

I know that those views only appeal to a small group of Atlasians.  I understand that and respect it. 

I remember standing up on the convention floor of the Atlasian Civil Liberties Caucus and honestly telling things as I saw them, and I think that I earned their respect by being honest.

You all know me and you know that I'm not a panderer.  That's why, as the Pacific's lieutenant governor, I'll be an independent voice in whatever administration when end up with.  I'll be there, making sure that other viewpoints are considered, that Atlasian traditional values are respected, and that the Pacific does whatever we can to secure ourselves from the scourge of terrorism.

I'm tired of hollor lies, my friends.  Let's lead...and not follow.

God bless you all, and may God bless our free and fair elections tomorrow.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies