Kamala Harris' husband is a white man. Will that be an issue w black voters? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:26:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Kamala Harris' husband is a white man. Will that be an issue w black voters? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kamala Harris' husband is a white man. Will that be an issue w black voters?  (Read 15056 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: August 16, 2017, 08:27:30 AM »

kamala is not black! do you people have eyes?

She may be black in terms of how she thinks about herself, due to part of her ancestry.  But in terms of how she is perceived by many Americans, I think you are right.  I don't ever think of her as a black woman.  Whether blacks would tend to think of her as one of their own is a different question, and I really don't know the answer to that.

She's as black as Obama.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 10:01:47 PM »

Obviously this thread is stupid but I think it's pretty obvious Kamala Harris is not the candidate the Democrats need in 2020 and I can't understand why anyone would. I guess a lot think "female Obama" but she is really not like Obama at all. Obama gained fame for his conciliatory tone and talking about uniting the country, plus during the campaign he actually talked about economic issues in the Rust Belt and even ran against NAFTA a bit, Harris isn't like that at all. She meanwhile had a pretty awful showing while badgering the CIA Director nominee about gay marriage and doesn't strike me as someone who could possibly appeal to WWC at all, I suspect her platform if she runs will be just boilerplate liberalism with no focus on the sort of things Obama had or wants. This isn't even because of race, if she were a white woman named Kimberly Harris she wouldn't be any better.

I doubt she gets far if she runs though, unless she has some political skills she hasn't shown yet, and kind of suspect she's likely to have a Rubio-esque moment in a debate.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2021, 01:31:03 PM »

So now while this unsurprisingly appears to not actually be an issue with black voters, it definitely has pissed off a pretty solid contingent of woke Twitter.

Thank God they do not matter.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2021, 05:38:54 PM »

So now while this unsurprisingly appears to not actually be an issue with black voters, it definitely has pissed off a pretty solid contingent of woke Twitter.

Thank God they do not matter.
What is woke twitter pissed of about?
They have the same position as the KKK on interracial marriage, but "from the left" (supposedly.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies