Trump goes full Alt-Right and voids everything he said yesterday
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:25:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump goes full Alt-Right and voids everything he said yesterday
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14
Author Topic: Trump goes full Alt-Right and voids everything he said yesterday  (Read 17943 times)
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2017, 04:14:00 PM »

Well, this will all be over soon if impeachment comes.

Actually, part of me is hoping for it now.  Everything just makes it worse.  Some stuff he said was right, but he should've risen above Obama's idiotic agenda and just condemned white supremacy immediately.  He should've done what Obama didn't when there was a terrorist attack.

Lol.

You are still doing that bullsh**t false equivalence. Honestly you are just as bad as Naso and Krazen.
I don't feel like it is. Both should have been condemned right away. That's how it works. Both failed.

Why am I not allowed to talk about a Democrat's failure?

This is bullsh**t.

Obama called it terrorism. He just didn't say radical islamic terrorism because he didn't want to play into ISIS hands in terms of propaganda.

Also, Obama never did this whataboutitism that Trump is doing.

Like I said you are just as bad as Krazen and Naso but for different reasons. You know that Trump is  disgraced, so instead of owning up to it, you try to deflect.

It is cowardly, at least guys like Naso and Krazen have the balls to be open about their hackery.
I literally said that I hope he goes.

I want him gone.  Do. you. understand. me. I. want. him. out.

Yet you tried to to do the bothsides sh**t, even though we both know what Obama did is not on the same level as what Trump did.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2017, 04:14:02 PM »

Actually, part of me is hoping for it now.  Everything just makes it worse.  Some stuff he said was right, but he should've risen above Obama's idiotic agenda and just condemned white supremacy immediately.  He should've done what Obama didn't when there was a terrorist attack.

Lol.

You are still doing that bullsh**t false equivalence. Honestly you are just as bad as Naso and Krazen.
I don't feel like it is. Both should have been condemned right away. That's how it works. Both failed.

Emotions are running high right now.

For what it's worth, I think Obama made an egregious tactical error in refusing to call radical Islamic terrorism what it was. It backfired spectacularly and became fuel for even more criticism.

But this is some next level sh*t. White supremacists are literally invoking Trump's name in their demonstrations and Trump is failing to distance himself from them. Trump is going full-retard on this.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2017, 04:14:43 PM »

"Many sides!"
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2017, 04:14:49 PM »

Brace yourselves... more resignations from the president's manufacturing council incoming in 4, 3, 2,  ...

And yeah, sure, John Kelly will "stabilize" this administration.

Yes. I bet you are correct.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2017, 04:16:03 PM »

Lol.

Did Obama say that there were "good people on both sides" in this "terrorist attack" you are talking about ?
Ok then !
Once again Saint, you cant compare the two.
Read my f***ing post. Did I say BOTH SIDES DO IT bdhjsqdbhqwbdhjqadbhjdjqh

No. I was specifically talking about naming the enemy, not the good people thing.  That was a horrible thing to say.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2017, 04:16:54 PM »

Lol.

This is bullsh**t.

Obama called it terrorism. He just didn't say radical islamic terrorism because he didn't want to play into ISIS hands in terms of propaganda.

Like I said you are just as bad as Krazen and Naso but for different reasons. You know that Trump is  disgraced, so instead of owning up to it, you try to deflect.

It is cowardly, at least guys like Naso and Krazen have the balls to be open about their hackery.

I want him gone.  Do. you. understand. me. I. want. him. out.

Yet you tried to to do the bothsides sh**t, even though we both know what Obama did is not on the same level as what Trump did.
Again, just talking about naming the enemy, not what trump did today.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2017, 04:17:04 PM »

The GOP is basically a racist organization now

I used to be a strong Republican leaner and still agree with the bulk of their economic platform (the party in general, not Trump's per se) but I don't see how I'm supposed to view them as not the "Party of Stupid" full of racists anymore. Anyone with anything remotely positive to say about the "Unite the Right" protests is either a racist or pandering to them, which is no better.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2017, 04:17:15 PM »

This is great !
More KKK David Duke thanking the president for white supremacist views/actions.
LOL.
You just cant make this sh*t up ... somebody wake me up.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2017, 04:17:59 PM »

Lol.

Emotions are running high right now.

For what it's worth, I think Obama made an egregious tactical error in refusing to call radical Islamic terrorism what it was. It backfired spectacularly and became fuel for even more criticism.

But this is some next level sh*t. White supremacists are literally invoking Trump's name in their demonstrations and Trump is failing to distance himself from them. Trump is going full-retard on this.
This. This is what I've been trying to say. You said it perfectly.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2017, 04:20:17 PM »

My comment from an earlier thread-

The whole premise of support for him was "Let's elect a stupid, incompetent president just because that'll make the libtards mad and be hilarious"

It doesn't matter that he's utterly impotent as president and can't pass a single part of his legislative agenda (health care, taxes, spending cuts) with his own party in control of both chambers of congress. He made some dumbass comment defending a bunch of white nationalist trash today and it made the libtards mad, so that's all that matters. His presidency is just about coddling the fragile feelings of bigots without any substantive policy change.

No segment of people has more blatantly demonstrated the dangers of identity politics gone awry than the most hardcore of Trump supporters. Ironic, considering their self-proclaimed hatred for it.

I hate identity politics. I hated it when the dems did it, but Trump is taking it to such an extreme where there are no issues and the only thing that matters us what race you are.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2017, 04:21:50 PM »

Is anyone seriously shocked? By any of this?
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2017, 04:22:25 PM »

Lol.

This is bullsh**t.

I want him gone.  Do. you. understand. me. I. want. him. out.

Again, just talking about naming the enemy, not what trump did today.

And again Obama and Trump did so for very different reasons.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2017, 04:22:53 PM »

Lol.

Did Obama say that there were "good people on both sides" in this "terrorist attack" you are talking about ?
Ok then !
Once again Saint, you cant compare the two.

Read my f***ing post. Did I say BOTH SIDES DO IT bdhjsqdbhqwbdhjqadbhjdjqh
No. I was specifically talking about naming the enemy, not the good people thing.  That was a horrible thing to say.

Oh my !
When Saint (the spiritual guy) starts cursing, he is really pissed.
But I think his internal outrage is actually due to trump, yet I (we) are taking the brunt of it.
It's OK. I'll accept it. But I'm glad he is really "starting to see the light" regarding the Orange-Haired Clown.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2017, 04:24:02 PM »

Can you articulate what you liked about those comments for us?
Sure, I liked how he stood up for the monuments and called the media out for their bull with protecting the alt-left. It was horrid and disgusting what happened on Saturday but he was correct on so many things.

You do know that most of the monuments were put up during the second wave of the Klan in the 10's and 20's, right?
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2017, 04:25:26 PM »

I'm honestly surprised by today with him explicitly defending a white supremacist protest. I wasn't surprised by his just being vague about it over the weekend.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2017, 04:27:42 PM »

Sure, I liked how he stood up for the monuments and called the media out for their bull with protecting the alt-left. It was horrid and disgusting what happened on Saturday but he was correct on so many things.

You do know that most of the monuments were put up during the second wave of the Klan in the 10's and 20's, right?
I do know that, I was viewing a graph somewhere about that today. It doesn't bother me however, the Klan is bad, but we shouldn't erase our history no matter how bad it is.
It's not our history. It's Confederate history.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2017, 04:27:45 PM »

I'm honestly surprised by today with him explicitly defending a white supremacist protest. I wasn't surprised by his just being vague about it over the weekend.

I agree with this.
I can also say that I was not "shocked" by his remarks yesterday.
But today ..... OMG !
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2017, 04:28:13 PM »

Well, he seems to have successfully changed the media focus to statues. Looks like the 24/7 news cycle really does bury everything in a short period these days. I'll assume this will all be forgotten about by October.
Foucaulf
« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2017, 04:29:24 PM »

Lol.

This is bullsh**t.

Like I said you are just as bad as Krazen and Naso but for different reasons. You know that Trump is disgrace, so instead of owning up to it, you try to deflect.

1) The kid is publicly calling for impeachment and you're still not satisfied? Give him a break, geez.

2) The bolded passage is seriously misguided. There is but a fine line between the kind of "GOP hackery" going on these days and bloodlust. You can't clump in right-wingers who ultimately want things to deescalate in with those other kinds of people.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2017, 04:32:17 PM »

I do know that, I was viewing a graph somewhere about that today. It doesn't bother me however, the Klan is bad, but we shouldn't erase our history no matter how bad it is.

No one is talking about getting rid of civil war battlefields, Arlington, or the 13 and 14th Amendments.

I'm starting to get angry about people equating "please stop celebrating evil" with "hiding history". The Confederacy got millions of people killed in an effort to make sure a bunch of rich jerks could keep treating people like things. That's as evil as it gets. And that is the history of the Civil War.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2017, 04:32:55 PM »

"Not all of those people were nazis" is technically accurate in this case as well-

Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2017, 04:34:23 PM »

This isn't funny anymore. I'd gladly take Hillary Clinton easily now even if it meant losing 5 Senate seats in 2018.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2017, 04:34:54 PM »

No one is talking about getting rid of civil war battlefields, Arlington, or the 13 and 14th Amendments.

I'm starting to get angry about people equating "please stop celebrating evil" with "hiding history". The Confederacy got millions of people killed in an effort to make sure a bunch of rich jerks could keep treating people like things. That's as evil as it gets. And that is the history of the Civil War.
This exactly. The Confederacy is not American history by any means. It's a disgrace to honor its leaders, its flag, etc. Put the stuff in a museum for all I care, but do not ever defend a rogue, racist, pro-slavery nation.

Some American citizens seem to be the only ones in which a large group of people worship an evil nation that existed in the past within the nation's borders.

That would be like worshipping Hitler in Germany.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2017, 04:37:52 PM »

This isn't funny anymore. I'd gladly take Hillary Clinton easily now even if it meant losing 5 Senate seats in 2018.

it was never funny from trump's day 1.
The outrage was always real.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2017, 04:37:57 PM »

This exactly. The Confederacy is not American history by any means. It's a disgrace to honor its leaders, its flag, etc. Put the stuff in a museum for all I care, but do not ever defend a rogue, racist, pro-slavery nation.

Some American citizens seem to be the only ones in which a large group of people worship an evil nation that existed in the past within the nation's borders.

That would be like worshipping Hitler in Germany.

Amen.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies