Trump goes full Alt-Right and voids everything he said yesterday
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:14:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump goes full Alt-Right and voids everything he said yesterday
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14
Author Topic: Trump goes full Alt-Right and voids everything he said yesterday  (Read 17865 times)
Daniel909012
Rookie
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2017, 04:39:04 PM »

If the Democrats continue with your hate speech, working people from the south and west will create their own union, They seem to want that.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #76 on: August 15, 2017, 04:39:12 PM »

Can you articulate what you liked about those comments for us?
Sure, I liked how he stood up for the monuments and called the media out for their bull with protecting the alt-left. It was horrid and disgusting what happened on Saturday but he was correct on so many things.

You do know that most of the monuments were put up during the second wave of the Klan in the 10's and 20's, right?
I do know that, I was viewing a graph somewhere about that today. It doesn't bother me however, the Klan is bad, but we shouldn't erase our history no matter how bad it is.

No one is talking about getting rid of civil war battlefields, Arlington, or the 13 and 14th Amendments.

I'm starting to get angry about people equating "please stop celebrating evil" with "hiding history". The Confederacy got millions of people killed in an effort to make sure a bunch of rich jerks could keep treating people like things. That's as evil as it gets. And that is the history of the Civil War.

This exactly. The Confederacy is not American history by any means. It's a disgrace to honor its leaders, its flag, etc. Put the stuff in a museum for all I care, but do not ever defend a rogue, racist, pro-slavery nation.

Some American citizens seem to be the only ones in which a large group of people worship an evil nation that existed in the past within the nation's borders.

That would be like worshipping Hitler in Germany.

Well said. Thank you Saint !
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #77 on: August 15, 2017, 04:39:37 PM »

If the Democrats continue with your hate speech, working people from the south and west will create their own union, They seem to want that.

Big if true
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #78 on: August 15, 2017, 04:40:06 PM »

Can you articulate what you liked about those comments for us?
Sure, I liked how he stood up for the monuments and called the media out for their bull with protecting the alt-left. It was horrid and disgusting what happened on Saturday but he was correct on so many things.

You do know that most of the monuments were put up during the second wave of the Klan in the 10's and 20's, right?
I do know that, I was viewing a graph somewhere about that today. It doesn't bother me however, the Klan is bad, but we shouldn't erase our history no matter how bad it is.

No one is talking about getting rid of civil war battlefields, Arlington, or the 13 and 14th Amendments.

I'm starting to get angry about people equating "please stop celebrating evil" with "hiding history". The Confederacy got millions of people killed in an effort to make sure a bunch of rich jerks could keep treating people like things. That's as evil as it gets. And that is the history of the Civil War.
This exactly. The Confederacy is not American history by any means. It's a disgrace to honor its leaders, its flag, etc. Put the stuff in a museum for all I care, but do not ever defend a rogue, racist, pro-slavery nation.

Some American citizens seem to be the only ones in which a large group of people worship an evil nation that existed in the past within the nation's borders.

That would be like worshipping Hitler in Germany.

Amen.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #79 on: August 15, 2017, 04:40:13 PM »

Can you believe this clown ?
He wants another Confederacy in 2017.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #80 on: August 15, 2017, 04:41:11 PM »

Is anyone seriously shocked? By any of this?

Seriously shocked? I'm not sure. I'm at least a little shocked.

While I despise Trump's politics, I find it difficult to really internalize how stupid and mentally ill the man really is. He keeps sinking to new lows at a pace faster than I'd ever expect.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #81 on: August 15, 2017, 04:43:24 PM »
« Edited: August 15, 2017, 04:45:00 PM by Tartarus Sauce »

Is anyone seriously shocked? By any of this?

No. We all knew he was racist for two years, except for The Saint who apparently needs it spelled out for him by Trump himself. The other Republican posters on here all seem aware though. They just don't care.

He's not a racist, he's an amoral narcissist who will shamelessly pander to whatever segment he designates as his market audience. His instincts told him to equivocate on this issue because A. One side is supportive of him, chanting his name and all that, and Trump doesn't understand why he can't be supportive of people that feed his ego. B. Left-leaning people showed up to protest, it doesn't matter that they were literally protesting fascism, his role for his market audience demands him to call out leftist protesters as violent lunatics. C. He was resentful of having to make a strong stand on a matter he doesn't feel strongly about and wanted to revert to his instincts. D. He's an idiot with no moral center and no ability to understand context and nuance.

In order to be a racist, he would need convictions. His only conviction is that his ego must be stroked at all costs.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #82 on: August 15, 2017, 04:44:27 PM »

If anyone missed today's (Tuesday's) Q&A session with trump, I found a video link on CNN.
It's about 16 minutes in length.
I'm not sure if it captured 100% of everything trump said, but I think it is the majority of it.

Link: http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2017/08/15/donald-trump-entire-charlottesville-trump-tower-q-a-sot.cnn
Daniel909012
Rookie
« Reply #83 on: August 15, 2017, 04:44:49 PM »

I do not advocate slavery or racism, but the cultural and historical values ​​of states must be defended
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #84 on: August 15, 2017, 04:45:19 PM »

Have any GOP congresspeople tweeted yet about how "disappointed" and "concerned" they are by the President's words (before doing absolutely nothing about it)?
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #85 on: August 15, 2017, 04:46:00 PM »
« Edited: August 15, 2017, 04:47:52 PM by Great Again V: The Reich Shall Rise Again »

Trump certainly stays true to himself... never back down... never apologize... never admit a mistake... if you're attacked, strike back harder.

It's just so that bit by bit his support will continue to slowly melt as a result of this behavior.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #86 on: August 15, 2017, 04:48:36 PM »

Have any GOP congresspeople tweeted yet about how "disappointed" and "concerned" they are by the President's words (before doing absolutely nothing about it)?

What do you expect them to do?  No longer support tax cuts or something?  They're going to publicly state their discontent just like elected Democrats.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #87 on: August 15, 2017, 04:49:45 PM »

no....but Trump's winery is disavowing him:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It says that the president is Eric Trump. What gives?

http://www.trumpwinery.com/winery/our-team/
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #88 on: August 15, 2017, 04:51:20 PM »

I do not advocate slavery or racism, but the cultural and historical values ​​of states must be defended

What historical value?

There is nothing to be proud off when it comes to the confederacy.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #89 on: August 15, 2017, 04:52:42 PM »

Well, this will all be over soon if impeachment comes.

Actually, part of me is hoping for it now.  Everything just makes it worse.  Some stuff he said was right, but he should've risen above Obama's idiotic agenda and just condemned white supremacy immediately.  He should've done what Obama didn't when there was a terrorist attack.

Lol.

You are still doing that bullsh**t false equivalence. Honestly you are just as bad as Naso and Krazen.

What?  I'm sure Saint is capable of defending himself, but I don't see how you got from point A to point B here.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #90 on: August 15, 2017, 04:53:18 PM »

So, here we go again...

[/quote]

[/quote]

All of this is pretty low-energy though... had Orrin Hatch any balls, he would have called upon Trump to resign the presidency already.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #91 on: August 15, 2017, 04:54:08 PM »

He's not a racist, he's an amoral narcissist who will shamelessly pander to whatever segment he designates as his market audience. His instincts told him to equivocate on this issue because A. One side is supportive of him, chanting his name and all that, and Trump doesn't understand why he can't be supportive of people that feed his ego. B. Left-leaning people showed up to protest, it doesn't matter that they were literally protesting fascism, his role for his market audience demands him to call out leftist protesters as violent lunatics. C. He was resentful of having to make a strong stand on a matter he doesn't feel strongly about and wanted to revert to his instincts. D. He's an idiot with no moral center and no ability to understand context and nuance.

In order to be a racist, he would need convictions. His only conviction is that his ego must be stroked at all costs.

This is pretty much how I feel as well.  We all knew that he was a narcissist going into this; some of us thought that, even though it was a problem, it wouldn't be an overwhelming problem. Even if he wanted fame, maybe he would do some good and give us a reason to look back and think he was great years from now. Now, what he did today is further proof of what has been shown for awhile: it's just the fame game. Whatever issues he staked out were just to gather support.  He criticized Romney in 2012 for his immigration position, only to become more extreme on in three years later.  It's his ego that has made this such a failed presidency. My hope now is that Kelly rids the White House of Bannon and other idiots like him and becomes the de facto president. However, today showed that not even Kelly has a grasp with what's going on.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #92 on: August 15, 2017, 04:56:45 PM »

Oh, look... Marco has gone on a Twitter rampage... now that's the spirit.

NeederNodder
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -7.28

« Reply #93 on: August 15, 2017, 04:57:34 PM »

Yeah, nope.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #94 on: August 15, 2017, 04:58:24 PM »

Oh, look... Marco has gone on a Twitter rampage... now that's the spirit.

He was my choice in 2016. I so wish he were the president right now. I would never have regretted supporting him as I do Trump now.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #95 on: August 15, 2017, 04:58:33 PM »

Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #96 on: August 15, 2017, 05:00:25 PM »

He must really want to run a hopeless primary challenge in 2020.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #97 on: August 15, 2017, 05:02:40 PM »

If things keep going to s***, it might not be so hopeless after all.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #98 on: August 15, 2017, 05:06:01 PM »
« Edited: August 15, 2017, 05:09:24 PM by Great Again V: The Reich Shall Rise Again »

And here we go again...

Source: http://edition.cnn.com/2017/08/15/politics/trump-charlottesville-latest/index.html
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #99 on: August 15, 2017, 05:07:19 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies