Trump goes full Alt-Right and voids everything he said yesterday
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:30:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump goes full Alt-Right and voids everything he said yesterday
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14
Author Topic: Trump goes full Alt-Right and voids everything he said yesterday  (Read 17848 times)
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: August 16, 2017, 12:22:49 PM »

Eh at this point Lincoln was wrong and Thaddeus Stevens right about doing military control and complete conversion of the South for decades if not longer and not the cop-out Reconstruction and pull out and forget that was done in 1877.

For the record, the hatred of moderates/liberals/Northerners/etc. is a taught behavior (I've seen it in 19 year old millennials from the South) and this just continues, on repeat, for generation after generation.
Jeffster
« Reply #276 on: August 16, 2017, 12:27:10 PM »

To all the "both sides do it" people in this thread, here's some food for thought.

The History of Blaming 'Both Sides' and Why Language Matters

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
I don't think anarchists are good people....they are like the Nazis. They're both violent.

Do you have any self awareness?

Did the NAACP show up in face masks with clubs, and throw bottles or balloons with piss and sh**t in them? Did the NAACP smash the windows of businesses and start fires? Anarcho-Communists are just as bad and just as dangerous as neo-nazis and they need to be equally condemned instead of protected by the establishment media.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #277 on: August 16, 2017, 12:30:26 PM »

To all the "both sides do it" people in this thread, here's some food for thought.

I don't think anarchists are good people....they are like the Nazis. They're both violent.

Did the NAACP show up in face masks with clubs, and throw bottles or balloons with piss and sh**t in them? Did the NAACP smash the windows of businesses and start fires? Anarcho-Communists are just as bad and just as dangerous as neo-nazis and they need to be equally condemned instead of protected by the establishment media.

To me, this is as stupid as saying "yes, Al-Qaeda is bad, but some of those Wall Street bankers are... woof, they're awful. So corrupt. Really, it's two sides of the same coin if you think about it." The day after 9/11.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #278 on: August 16, 2017, 12:33:35 PM »

Bronz would be apathetic if he knew he was going to die in a gas chamber. After all, the Soviets exist too.
Jeffster
« Reply #279 on: August 16, 2017, 12:35:31 PM »

To me, this is as stupid as saying "yes, Al-Qaeda is bad, but some of those Wall Street bankers are... woof, they're awful. So corrupt. Really, it's two sides of the same coin if you think about it." The day after 9/11.

Wall street bankers don't attack people violently. What the hell are you talking about? The anarcho -communist bloc have been using violence at any right wing rally for more than a year. The police have not done their job to control the violence, usually as a result of being held back by local governments sympathetic to the left wingers, and as a result the violence has escalated as the right wing have started bringing weapons to these events.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #280 on: August 16, 2017, 12:37:26 PM »

The phrase "both sides do it" should be banned. I know, I know, I hate freedom and all that. Bite me.
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #281 on: August 16, 2017, 12:37:45 PM »

Wall street bankers don't attack people violently. What the hell are you talking about? The anarcho -communist bloc have been using violence at any right wing rally for more than a year. The police have not done their job to control the violence, usually as a result of being held back by local governments sympathetic to the left wingers, and as a result the violence has escalate as the right wing have started bringing weapons to these events.

So the left wing made the right wing violent?

Also how does left-wing violence justify the fact that 80% of the extremist rallygoers brought semiautomatic weapons? Or the fact that one of them RAN OVER AND KILLED SOMEONE.
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #282 on: August 16, 2017, 12:38:26 PM »

The phrase "both sides do it" should be banned. I know, I know, I hate freedom and all that. Bite me.

The phrase isn't the problem; it's the inane arguments that are best described using that phrase.
Jeffster
« Reply #283 on: August 16, 2017, 12:44:09 PM »

Wall street bankers don't attack people violently. What the hell are you talking about? The anarcho -communist bloc have been using violence at any right wing rally for more than a year. The police have not done their job to control the violence, usually as a result of being held back by local governments sympathetic to the left wingers, and as a result the violence has escalate as the right wing have started bringing weapons to these events.

So the left wing made the right wing violent?

Also how does left-wing violence justify the fact that 80% of the extremist rallygoers brought semiautomatic weapons?

Now you are just purposely being obtuse. Look at the videos of the Sand Diego Trump rally from last year, look at how the violent left shut down the Chicago rally, look at the Berkeley riot. It was the videos of unarmed right wingers being attacked by mobs that has ratcheted up the violence, as they began bringing clubs and shields in response to earlier violence. If the media had called out that left wing violence, and Democratic politicians denounced it and got the police to take action then things wouldn't have spiraled out of control.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #284 on: August 16, 2017, 01:31:23 PM »

Why do people bother replying to White Supremacists, just because these idiots aren't official KKK members doesn't mean they aren't white nationalists & they certainly are pretty stupid & have a miserable life & need to indulge in racism to make their life seem worthwhile !
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #285 on: August 16, 2017, 01:35:37 PM »

Now you are just purposely being obtuse. Look at the videos of the Sand Diego Trump rally from last year, look at how the violent left shut down the Chicago rally, look at the Berkeley riot. It was the videos of unarmed right wingers being attacked by mobs that has ratcheted up the violence, as they began bringing clubs and shields in response to earlier violence. If the media had called out that left wing violence, and Democratic politicians denounced it and got the police to take action then things wouldn't have spiraled out of control.

Do you often blame victims?
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #286 on: August 16, 2017, 01:52:17 PM »

Do you often blame victims?

It's worse: in this very post, Jeffster is casting the white supremacists and the Neo-Nazis as the REAL victims, that they were perfect little nonviolent angels until the BIG BAD ANTIFA showed up with their baseball bats. Was there violence caused by left-wingers? Yes. But that doesn't negate the violence caused by the right-wingers, nor does it hide the fact that white supremacism and Nazism are inherently violent ideologies, what with all the oppression and the genocide and so forth.

He also displays the classic case of thinking that "his side" is persecuted by the media. What media figures supported the antifa movements? There are definitely condemnations of left-wing violence from media outlets, like this and this.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #287 on: August 16, 2017, 02:12:15 PM »

Well, this will all be over soon if impeachment comes.
That's a big if. While Trump needlessly threw away some political capital and made it more difficult for him to get anything of his thru Congress, this won't affect the likelihood of him being indicted by the House or impeached by the Senate.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #288 on: August 16, 2017, 02:16:48 PM »

Can you articulate what you liked about those comments for us?
Sure, I liked how he stood up for the monuments and called the media out for their bull with protecting the alt-left. It was horrid and disgusting what happened on Saturday but he was correct on so many things.

You do know that most of the monuments were put up during the second wave of the Klan in the 10's and 20's, right?
I do know that, I was viewing a graph somewhere about that today. It doesn't bother me however, the Klan is bad, but we shouldn't erase our history no matter how bad it is.
It's not our history. It's Confederate history.
Confederate history is our history.
However, Confederate heroes are not our heroes.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #289 on: August 16, 2017, 02:20:37 PM »

That's a big if. While Trump needlessly threw away some political capital and made it more difficult for him to get anything of his thru Congress, this won't affect the likelihood of him being indicted by the House or impeached by the Senate.
[/b]
Well...if went from impossible to extremely unlikely, I guess.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #290 on: August 16, 2017, 02:34:52 PM »

MFW I see ethnic Yankees who probably didn't even have ancestors in the country - let alone the South - in the 1860s talk about "our history"
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #291 on: August 16, 2017, 02:36:52 PM »

[/b]
Well...if went from impossible to extremely unlikely, I guess.
Nah.  The GOP impeaching Trump was always going to require fairly unambiguous proof of criminal conduct, not merely politically inconvenient conduct. This won't change that at all. It might make use of the 25th Amendment mechanism to get Trump out of the way a little more likely, but not impeachment.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #292 on: August 16, 2017, 02:44:13 PM »

The Joint Chiefs ain't happy.

The Chief of Staff of the Air Force:

The Chief of the National Guard Bureau:

Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #293 on: August 16, 2017, 02:47:18 PM »

MFW I see ethnic Yankees who probably didn't even have ancestors in the country - let alone the South - in the 1860s talk about "our history"

By "our" they mean "White".
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #294 on: August 16, 2017, 04:58:52 PM »

- Former CIA Director John Brennan in a letter to CNN's Wolf Blitzer.

http://us.cnn.com/2017/08/16/politics/john-brennan-letter-wolf-blitzer-trump/index.html
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #295 on: August 16, 2017, 05:12:37 PM »

The Left demonizes white people, period. It's not fair that this rubs off on the Democratic party, but it does. Yesterday Nikkita Oliver, who came in third place in the Seattle mayoral primary, attacked the two women who made it into the runoff as "white." Of course this kind of behavior is inflammatory and nurtures the Trump-right. I wish both sides would cut it out, or a vital 'center' ideology would be resuscitated.

Nikita Oliver is a loon, even by Seattle standards. Not is she a Democrat, for that matter, or representative of th. Try harder, Captain Both Sides
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #296 on: August 16, 2017, 06:22:37 PM »

The Left demonizes white people, period. It's not fair that this rubs off on the Democratic party, but it does. Yesterday Nikkita Oliver, who came in third place in the Seattle mayoral primary, attacked the two women who made it into the runoff as "white." Of course this kind of behavior is inflammatory and nurtures the Trump-right. I wish both sides would cut it out, or a vital 'center' ideology would be resuscitated.

Saying "both sides" when comparing the President of the United States and head of the Republican Party to someone came in third place in the Seattle mayoral primary is disingenuous, at best.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #297 on: August 16, 2017, 06:34:47 PM »

Saying "both sides" when comparing the President of the United States and head of the Republican Party to someone came in third place in the Seattle mayoral primary is disingenuous, at best.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #298 on: August 16, 2017, 06:41:41 PM »
« Edited: August 16, 2017, 06:47:04 PM by Santander »

Congrats. You win a bronz medal.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #299 on: August 16, 2017, 09:49:02 PM »

Somebody really ought to take the time to scour through Beet's posts and pick one from each month that best embodies his shtick at that time. It'd be very entertaining, I'm sure.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies