Trump goes full Alt-Right and voids everything he said yesterday (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:35:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump goes full Alt-Right and voids everything he said yesterday (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump goes full Alt-Right and voids everything he said yesterday  (Read 17869 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« on: August 15, 2017, 04:32:17 PM »

Can you articulate what you liked about those comments for us?
Sure, I liked how he stood up for the monuments and called the media out for their bull with protecting the alt-left. It was horrid and disgusting what happened on Saturday but he was correct on so many things.

You do know that most of the monuments were put up during the second wave of the Klan in the 10's and 20's, right?
I do know that, I was viewing a graph somewhere about that today. It doesn't bother me however, the Klan is bad, but we shouldn't erase our history no matter how bad it is.

No one is talking about getting rid of civil war battlefields, Arlington, or the 13 and 14th Amendments.

I'm starting to get angry about people equating "please stop celebrating evil" with "hiding history". The Confederacy got millions of people killed in an effort to make sure a bunch of rich jerks could keep treating people like things. That's as evil as it gets. And that is the history of the Civil War.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 04:41:11 PM »

Is anyone seriously shocked? By any of this?

Seriously shocked? I'm not sure. I'm at least a little shocked.

While I despise Trump's politics, I find it difficult to really internalize how stupid and mentally ill the man really is. He keeps sinking to new lows at a pace faster than I'd ever expect.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 09:53:36 PM »

If you watch and listen to the video, it's pretty clear he didn't say "us".

Everyone can judge for themselves. Cued youtube link:

https://youtu.be/1c3IQUnyGps?t=816

It's unclear to me exactly what he was saying there. Might be "us" might be "uh" or "'em". Maybe something else.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 10:51:11 PM »

This is not America.

This is not a president.

Every Trump voter who is not also a white supremacist Nazi needs to be ashamed of themselves.  There is no legitimate excuse for Trump's remarks, as there was no legitimate reason for you to vote for him.  I question your integrity, morals, and patriotism.  If you still support this man in the face of his Nazi-sympathizing remarks, then you are un-American; you have no American values; you don't even know what American values are.

You also have no sense of self respect, dignity, morality, or decency.  You are a stain on this country.

I'm not a Trump voter, but what makes you think Hillary Clinton was any better? She would be having a very hard time right now as well.

No, she wouldn't. Like her style of politics or not, she would have no trouble whatsoever in condemning ACTUAL NAZIS. As we were are seeing, even the majority of politicians find it quite easy to accurately and effectively publicly separate themselves from the ideology the entire planet joined forces to defeat seven decades ago.

It takes a really special kind of stupid evil to fail and trip over himself when asked to respond to the question "Are Nazis bad?"
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 06:22:37 PM »

The Left demonizes white people, period. It's not fair that this rubs off on the Democratic party, but it does. Yesterday Nikkita Oliver, who came in third place in the Seattle mayoral primary, attacked the two women who made it into the runoff as "white." Of course this kind of behavior is inflammatory and nurtures the Trump-right. I wish both sides would cut it out, or a vital 'center' ideology would be resuscitated.

Saying "both sides" when comparing the President of the United States and head of the Republican Party to someone came in third place in the Seattle mayoral primary is disingenuous, at best.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 09:39:47 AM »

And then he did exactly that, again, three hours later by comparing Founding Fathers to Confederate leaders. Truly, all the mental acuity and self-awareness of a turnip.
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2017, 09:49:23 AM »

Why does he single out Graham though? There were dozens of Republican congresspeople who have critcized him since Tuesday. Must be something personal.

Because Trump is a bigot against minorities /s

In reality, because railing against someone totally unpopular is likely to be a rallying cry.

Bingo. It's a grade school bully picking on who he sees as the geeky outsider.  Trump hasn't yet figured out that adults in modern civilization don't always function like that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies