Texas: CD35, CD27 found unconstitutional; "intentional racial discrimination" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:47:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Texas: CD35, CD27 found unconstitutional; "intentional racial discrimination" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Texas: CD35, CD27 found unconstitutional; "intentional racial discrimination"  (Read 4756 times)
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« on: August 17, 2017, 11:52:30 AM »

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/8/16/1690288/-Court-strikes-down-Texas-GOP-s-congressional-gerrymander-but-Democratic-victory-is-limited

DKos estimates it'll be at most a net 1 for Democrats, but even that's no guaranteed. I really don't get why they emphasize that the new representative will most likely be Latino. No wonder the white working class hates the left: this is blatant identity politics.
Ah yes, the white working class hate that the minorities will have a chance to elect people of their own race.  Very progressive of them.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 01:53:12 PM »
« Edited: August 17, 2017, 03:02:57 PM by JerryArkansas »

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/8/16/1690288/-Court-strikes-down-Texas-GOP-s-congressional-gerrymander-but-Democratic-victory-is-limited

DKos estimates it'll be at most a net 1 for Democrats, but even that's no guaranteed. I really don't get why they emphasize that the new representative will most likely be Latino. No wonder the white working class hates the left: this is blatant identity politics.
Ah yes, the white working class hate that the minorities will have a chance to elect people of their own race.  Very progressive of them.

You don't need a majority minority district to elect a minority candidate. See SC-Sen, UT-4, TX-23 is 75% Hispanic and they have a black representative. People don't necessarily vote based on who looks like them. I mean for next year, I'm a Hispanic college student supporting a black candidate for NH-1
Exactly my point. DKos (which I only read for news on elections btw) seems to have this idea that only a majority-minority district can elected a nonwhite congressman. It's not like all white people regardless of ideology won't vote for a nonwhite candidate.
You can point to a few which have in the past decade to try and make your point more palatable, but it doesn't change the crux of it.  But continue on your rants against minority communities having a member which is like them.  It really makes you look so pragmatic and progessive.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 07:37:53 PM »

Pwned. 5-4!

Losers of elections are going to have a tough time stealing the districts.

Link

BREAKING: #SCOTUS stays Texas redistricting case order, pending appeal to and disposition in the Supreme Court.
See the partisan racist is happy the racist GOP can continue to use illegal maps.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies