Pat Buchanan: Where is "scientific proof" all men are created equal?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:35:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Pat Buchanan: Where is "scientific proof" all men are created equal?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Pat Buchanan: Where is "scientific proof" all men are created equal?  (Read 2751 times)
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2017, 09:39:06 PM »

It is true and verifiable what I have said, each ethnic group has adapted to the climate and environment differently, yet there is no superiority, some ethnicities lack something but compensate in another.

You need to step your trolling game up.

This is some mediocre work.

https://www.iqtestforfree.net/average-IQ-by-country.html
What were you saying?

I'm not sure that source is credible. What online "IQ test" is credible?

All online IQ tests are very credible in that they tell us who is dumb enough to believe an online IQ test.

Daniel's the type of person who likely thinks you can pass or fail an IQ test
Daniel909012
Rookie
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2017, 09:53:29 PM »

The respected Canadian professor  J. Philippe Rushton He did an excellent job in this area, I recommend you read his conclusions.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2017, 09:59:15 PM »

The """""""respected"""""" Canadian professor  J. Philippe Rushton He did an excellent job in this area, I recommend you read his conclusions.

He was literally the head of a white supremacist "think tank" but I guess that's respectable for mouthbreating inbreds like you
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2017, 10:01:11 PM »

Are people recruiting users from Stormfront again?
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2017, 10:06:56 PM »

The """""""respected"""""" Canadian professor  J. Philippe Rushton He did an excellent job in this area, I recommend you read his conclusions.

He was literally the head of a white supremacist "think tank" but I guess that's respectable for mouthbreating inbreds like you
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2017, 10:08:00 PM »

Are people recruiting users from Stormfront again?

We don't have to jump to such conclusions, maybe this troll came from /Pol/ or some crappy subreddit
wolfsblood07
United States

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2017, 10:22:40 PM »

Pat makes great points.  He is the left's worst nightmare because he constantly makes them look like fools.  He's been doing it since the 60s. 
All men are not created equal.  Is everybody as smart as Einstein?  Some people are worthless, others are great.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2017, 10:26:46 PM »

Pat makes great points.  He is the left's worst nightmare because he constantly makes them look like fools.  He's been doing it since the 60s. 
All men are not created equal.  Is everybody as smart as Einstein?  Some people are worthless, others are great.

Pure evil. It would be easy to laugh off if similar people weren't running the country.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2017, 10:30:12 PM »

Stop screwing around, no one is dense enough to think that was what he was talking about.
wolfsblood07
United States

« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2017, 10:30:44 PM »

Pure evil. It would be easy to laugh off if similar people weren't running the country.
When I say worthless I am talking about serial killers and child abusers.
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2017, 11:04:25 PM »

And? It's not like the left is defending serial killers and child abusers. But thanks for the strawman anyways.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2017, 11:11:26 PM »
« Edited: August 15, 2017, 11:56:47 PM by Badger »

Yep, the nasty mean-spirited, racist bigoted uncle everyone dreads having at Thanksgiving.

So we can assume by your enthusiastic recognition of Buchanan that you agree with his sentiments, Sanchez?
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2017, 11:46:16 PM »

All men are created equal is a statement of their intrinsic worth, something intangible.  It has nothing to do with metrics or scientific analysis.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2017, 11:56:15 PM »

There does not need to be scientific proof of that claim. Even if it were proven, on the contrary, that all men were not created equal, we would continue to form policy as if they were because that is the ethical thing to do.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2017, 11:59:06 PM »

Wow, thanks Wolfblood. It really takes courage to go out on a limb and attack serial killers and child abusers, but you've got the guts to do it.

Excellent take on Buchanan's statement by the way. He clearly was talking about serial killers and child abusers being subpar human beings, not at all about non-white races being so. Good catch!
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2017, 08:55:43 AM »

When has he ever actually cared about science?
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2017, 09:40:02 AM »

Too bad the position of EPA Director is already filled by our great leader. Buchanan's comment would qualify him for a job in the Drumpf Administration.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2017, 04:34:11 PM »

There is no scientific proof that all men are created equal. Science does not do proofs characteristic of the style of geometry. Science depends upon a scientific method which requires well-crafted experiment and some distance between the persons commissioning and designing the experiments and those who do the experiments.

Were someone with an IQ of 75 and someone with an IQ of 150 likely to have been created equal measures of intellectual power? Of course not. Are people with genetic diseases likely to get results in life similar to people otherwise unhurt? No. If you are born with stumps instead of hands are you born equal to Mike Trout in athletic potential? Don't make me laugh.

It is easy to say that being born and raised in Cupertino, California has far better chances than someone born and raised in Camden, New Jersey. The typical American of Ashkenazic Jewish origin raised in South Dakota typically has far better chances than an First People's kid born and raised in South Dakota...but even this may reflect opportunities after birth.

The idea that all men are created equal is a moral statement, and not a scientific statement.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

It is easy to see the consequences of a rejection of this moral statement. Just look for any classic image of a slave ship or of the obscene evil of a Nazi massacre or death camp.

People may not be equal in their abilities, and they may not expect equal results, but they have some similar right to basic decencies in life barring that they have done something egregiously wrong. Equality implies some similar responsibilities in life.   
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2017, 04:41:11 PM »

To Pat Buchanan: We're Human, therefore we're already equal, no matter other factors exist, simply because we share the same DNA as the other seven billion people on the planet.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2017, 04:48:30 PM »

The statement from the Declaration of Independence derives from Thomas Hobbes' observation in The Leviathan that all men are roughly equal. In general, I find this observation to be true. Society creates far, far, far larger stratification between people than are found in biology. I, for one, am a white supremacist. My political ideology derives from the thought of old, dead white men, such as Hobbes.

To see how true Hobbes' observation is, just note that the inequality between people at age 18 is far smaller than the inequality at age 48. If, one day, the least popular kid in school beats up the most popular kid, he can become the most popular kid overnight. On the other hand, if you are a homeless bum at age 48, the hurdles are far higher to overcome your former classmate who has now become president of a medium-sized company. At age 48, people have a social station, whereas at age 18, they don't. Hence, reducing people to biology has an equalizing impact, compared to how we normally conceive of human inequality.
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2017, 04:48:48 PM »

There may not be proof but the proof now exists that beyond a shadow of a doubt Buchanan is unequal to the rest of better men. (Insert Lincoln Thaddeus Stevens retort scene)
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies