Who was the best Kennedy overall? Ted, Robert, or John
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:26:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Who was the best Kennedy overall? Ted, Robert, or John
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who was the best Kennedy overall? Ted, Robert, or John  (Read 1091 times)
Thomas
Jabe Shepherd
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 16, 2017, 03:45:44 PM »

Discuss
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 05:26:56 PM »

Robert Kennedy, just for his speech after MLK was shot.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 07:03:39 PM »

Bobby.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 07:41:36 PM »

The one whom actually bothered to give LBJ the time of day once in a while.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 10:52:57 PM »

Not Ted
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2017, 10:46:43 PM »

Robert:     Arrogant     

Teddy:      A drunk, a serial philanderer, and committed man slaughter

So by process of elimination, John                         
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2017, 08:09:15 AM »

Joe, senior or junior.
ufaforwork
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2017, 06:55:51 AM »

nice
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2017, 04:33:58 PM »

1. Joe Jr.
2. Bobby
3. John

Robert Kennedy was a great judge of character, Joe P. Kennedy Jr. had both morality and greatness, and John had greatness but was a philanderer. Ted was pretty bad, though he had some degree of greatness and eminence.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2017, 07:18:12 PM »

I don't get either answer..

Joe Jr had potential but he never entered any kind of public role whatsoever aside from active duty in WW2. And as for Joe Sr... he was was had a brief term as ambassador to Great Britain and that's it - not to mention he pushed for containment of Hitler as opposed to what his kids pushed for: defeating him.

Robert:     Arrogant                              

That's frankly a bogus comment.

RFK seemed more down to earth than many politicians ever are at any point.

LBJ was great at getting legislation through but when it came to policy, especially foreign policy he wasn't all that bright. The Kennedy's (mainly Bobby I guess since JFK liked LBJ) worried what would happen to our nation if LBJ ever became President and we saw why....

Anyway...

I can understand why a lot of people will say Bobby. He was brilliantly smart - He was both a relentless, fierce fighter and a caring, understanding & empathetic figure.

But I don't think this nation has ever had a human being with the promise and greatness of John F Kennedy. I truly believe his death prevented limitless greatness for America and set in motion a number of calamities.... but back to his promise: From writing his books at such a young age, to him insisting that he forgo a cushy military job and be given a dangerous combat role. Then the insanely heroic act of saving a fellow crew member by swimming 2 miles while pulling (with his teeth!)  the badly injured guy to safety. Then winning a congressional seat that had numerous local entrenched POLS fighting for it. Then having the guts to contest for the Senate and beating a very popular Henry Cabot Lodge in a heavy Republican year. Then his epic run for the Presidency and ultimately his time in office.... calling for a man on the moon.... starting the peace core ....the Cuban Missile Crisis ...to Iche Ben I Berliner  to being the first President to go all in on Civil Rights.. you are talking about a man who (its cliche and has been said before) but made Americans feel young again... a man who got even careless teenagers interested in politics ... a man with grace, charm .. every woman wanted him and every man wanted to be him ... his sense of humor, his wit and intellect were unparalleled.

The fact is that JFK would have been great on his own.

RFK and Teddy only were who they were because they were the brother of JFK.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2017, 08:23:41 PM »

You don't need to.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

A far greater service to the nation than any other Kennedy had hitherto performed before that point, or would after. If only the rest of them so respected the public sphere.

That's called snark, my friend.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2017, 08:39:44 PM »

You don't need to.

A far greater service to the nation than any other Kennedy had hitherto performed before that point, or would after. If only the rest of them so respected the public sphere.

1. Joe Jr military service was no more or less honorable than John's.

2. No clue what you mean by "if only the rest of them respected the public sphere"
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2017, 04:39:28 AM »

I don't get either answer..

Joe Jr had potential but he never entered any kind of public role whatsoever aside from active duty in WW2. And as for Joe Sr... he was was had a brief term as ambassador to Great Britain and that's it - not to mention he pushed for containment of Hitler as opposed to what his kids pushed for: defeating him.

Robert:     Arrogant                              

That's frankly a bogus comment.

RFK seemed more down to earth than many politicians ever are at any point.

LBJ was great at getting legislation through but when it came to policy, especially foreign policy he wasn't all that bright. The Kennedy's (mainly Bobby I guess since JFK liked LBJ) worried what would happen to our nation if LBJ ever became President and we saw why....

Anyway...

I can understand why a lot of people will say Bobby. He was brilliantly smart - He was both a relentless, fierce fighter and a caring, understanding & empathetic figure.

But I don't think this nation has ever had a human being with the promise and greatness of John F Kennedy. I truly believe his death prevented limitless greatness for America and set in motion a number of calamities.... but back to his promise: From writing his books at such a young age, to him insisting that he forgo a cushy military job and be given a dangerous combat role. Then the insanely heroic act of saving a fellow crew member by swimming 2 miles while pulling (with his teeth!)  the badly injured guy to safety. Then winning a congressional seat that had numerous local entrenched POLS fighting for it. Then having the guts to contest for the Senate and beating a very popular Henry Cabot Lodge in a heavy Republican year. Then his epic run for the Presidency and ultimately his time in office.... calling for a man on the moon.... starting the peace core ....the Cuban Missile Crisis ...to Iche Ben I Berliner  to being the first President to go all in on Civil Rights.. you are talking about a man who (its cliche and has been said before) but made Americans feel young again... a man who got even careless teenagers interested in politics ... a man with grace, charm .. every woman wanted him and every man wanted to be him ... his sense of humor, his wit and intellect were unparalleled.

The fact is that JFK would have been great on his own.

RFK and Teddy only were who they were because they were the brother of JFK.

You could make the argument that JFK only got as far as he did because of who his father was.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies