8th Circuit Court of Appeals rules against Planned Parenthood
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:10:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  8th Circuit Court of Appeals rules against Planned Parenthood
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 8th Circuit Court of Appeals rules against Planned Parenthood  (Read 2431 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2017, 02:10:36 PM »

Great ruling , no organization is entitled to receiving tax payer money. 
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2017, 02:15:42 PM »

We have dozens of laws on the books that are as hard, if not harder, to enforce than an abortion ban would be. There are other first world countries with such bans.

Name one.

Malta

That wasn't the question..Roll Eyes
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2017, 04:29:34 PM »

Yes, let us cheer for reduced funding for cancer screenings and STD treatment.

PP performs less than 2% of the nation's cancer screenings for women.

How many organizations or hospitals perform a larger share than that? I bet it's few
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2017, 04:51:34 PM »

I hope Arkansas likes more abortions!
Coraxion
Ethiopia

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2017, 05:26:04 PM »

LOL
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2017, 10:08:43 PM »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cIgSTjzrmRg
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2017, 08:11:26 AM »

We have dozens of laws on the books that are as hard, if not harder, to enforce than an abortion ban would be. There are other first world countries with such bans.

Name one.

South Korea, Japan, Chile, Finland, United Kingdom, Poland and Parts of Australia
IThat is a broad definition of "illegal". In almost all those examples, its an administrative issue, not a criminal one. "Pro-Voice" than pro life or choice. I think in Poland you have to prove a particular dire need and there are no abortions in Chile (I heard almost every girl in jail is on jail for that there), but in the rest you just have to prove a substantial or demonstrable need to a second doctor or hospital that you need one. I think that would be a good post-Roe compromise.

I mean a law. Name one law that causes more problems.

Rape is probably a good example these days, as are the drinking age and drug prohibition. Simple things like tax evasion of purchases on the internet are almost certainly harder to enforce as well. I fail to see why abortion laws are supposedly uniquely unenforceable.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2017, 10:02:31 AM »

Name one.

South Korea, Japan, Chile, Finland, United Kingdom, Poland and Parts of Australia
IThat is a broad definition of "illegal". In almost all those examples, its an administrative issue, not a criminal one. "Pro-Voice" than pro life or choice. I think in Poland you have to prove a particular dire need and there are no abortions in Chile (I heard almost every girl in jail is on jail for that there), but in the rest you just have to prove a substantial or demonstrable need to a second doctor or hospital that you need one. I think that would be a good post-Roe compromise.

I mean a law. Name one law that causes more problems.

Rape is probably a good example these days, as are the drinking age and drug prohibition. Simple things like tax evasion of purchases on the internet are almost certainly harder to enforce as well. I fail to see why abortion laws are supposedly uniquely unenforceable.

How's pot prohibition working out?
Anyways, with abortion, you have to prove the "victim" actually existed in the first place. In many third world countries, a lot of the time, they just get around it by saying they were having "regularity" problems.

IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2017, 04:41:42 AM »

Name one.

...United Kingdom...

news to me
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies