Who do you think is worse? George W. Bush or Donald Trump?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:38:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Who do you think is worse? George W. Bush or Donald Trump?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who do you think is worse? George W. Bush or Donald Trump?  (Read 1243 times)
The Arizonan
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 17, 2017, 12:43:00 AM »

Who do you think is worse? I'd say Donald Trump for obvious reasons such as his gross unprofessionalism.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 01:01:16 AM »

Trump would have been worse if he was President in 2000-2008, but Dubya has done more damage so far.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 01:02:52 AM »

As a person and politican, Trump by FAR.

Unfortunately for Bush he made a bunch of horrible decisions that Trump so far cannot match. But then again, Trump is only 7 months in. He's got plenty of time to outdo Bush.
GGover
BBovine
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.06, S: 2.09

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 02:21:06 AM »

Trump.

So far, Trump is easily my least favorite president. I think I can find something I like in just about every president except for Trump. To be completely honest I like both HW Bush and W Bush. I can sympathize with president Bush, and even though I disagree with most of his policies, I think he had good intentions. I can't say the same about Trump.

I agree that Bush did more damage than Trump so far, but he's also done more good. I can't think of a single major decision Trump has made that I agree with.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 04:34:27 AM »

In terms of their campaigns, both are equally deplorable. Bush targeted gays in 2004 when the marriage equality movement was gaining force and used it as a wedge issue to further divide us. Trump did the same with pretty much every voting constituency not a WASP Christian heterosexual white male.

In terms of the presidency, the answer is obvious. Yeah, Bush was a dumb cracker who butchered the English language every chance he got, but the Dear Leader isn't a great orator either contrary to what he believes. The Iraq War and his horrible handing of Hurricane Katrina were disastrous, but at least Bush appeared to have somewhat of a moral compass and conscience unlike the sociopathic tangerine temper tantrum Trump.

I don't like either of them but gun to my head, obviously Bush.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 04:36:05 AM »

Dubya. A bad President with a 91% approval rating is much worse than a bad President with a bad approval rating.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2017, 08:57:01 AM »

Trump, and it's isn't even close.

George W. Bush, not a great president by any means, was not a vindictive, drama queen who threatened to usher in a nuclear war.  I think he meant well, and is a good person; but a bad president who made the wrong decisions at certain crucial moments in history...some seemed right at the time, others didn't, but hindsight and all that.

Trump, on the other hand, does NOT mean well, is NOT a good person, and is an AWFUL leader who is now proven incapable of managing a crisis with any semblance of the moral compass and character that are REQUIRED for a commander-in-chief to possess.  As a Hillary Clinton voter, I long for the days of George W. Bush as our president, and I hope for a day prior to 2020 when Mike Pence will be inaugurated as our 46th president.

The two leaders are not comparable at all.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2017, 09:06:50 AM »

No one ever wanted Cheney to be President.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2017, 09:15:41 AM »

Trump is worse as person, but W did more damage yet in total. If I had to chose one: Trump. I#d rather have W as president right now.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2017, 09:18:11 AM »

Trump is worse as person, but W did more damage yet in total. If I had to chose one: Trump. I#d rather have W as president right now.

W. would not be hinting at nuclear war.

W. would have immediately denounced Nazis without resorting to "both sides do it."
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2017, 09:28:51 AM »

W. would have immediately denounced Nazis without resorting to "both sides do it."

Thing is, those words would be infinitely more damaging if they came from a politician with gravitas (say Pence or Tillerson). Trump has been known as a buffoonish loudmouth for literally decades and even had a mass-watched television series that was based around his buffoonish loudmouthedness.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2017, 09:37:00 AM »

True, but his foreign policy was disastrous. But we had 8 years of W and 7 months of the clown. So, he'll see what happens. At the homefront, he did a better job than Trump. Mainly because he was more comptenent and understood most issues. When it comes to personality, W is way superior to Trump. No question.
#gravelgang #lessiglad
Serious_Username
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2017, 09:40:57 AM »

Surprised at the "Bush had good intentions" crowd here, tbh. I don't think the vindictiveness the Administration directed at Valerie Plame or Erik Shinseki is in any way indicative of good intentions.

Both administrations are overly insular and respond with viciousness when attacked.

Only thing I can say for sure is that 45's first 6 months are worse than 43's first 6 months. Probably.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2017, 09:43:56 AM »

Difficult for me to see Trump doing anything as bad as Iraq.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2017, 09:45:11 AM »

Trump. While he hasn't done as much damage as Bush yet, Bush at least had some sense of respect for people who didn't vote for him, and had some sense of honor.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2017, 10:14:04 AM »

Difficult for me to see Trump doing anything as bad as Iraq.

Mostly because a. there's a good chance he'll be gone before the end of his first term and b. he's probably too dim to carry out such a complex scenario. The president that will be mentioned most alongside his name in the history books will likely be Andrew Johnson - another gobsh**te who didn't complete a full term and who set the country back several years via his imcompetence.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2017, 10:16:02 AM »

Trump is a personal wreck, but GWB has by far the higher body count and is responsible for 100.000s of destroyed families in the Middle-East ...
Wakie77
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2017, 10:19:26 AM »

Trump and it isn't even close.  For all of his faults, Bush at least understood that there were times to step back and rely on experts.  He didn't fly off the handle all the time.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2017, 10:32:35 AM »

Bush.

Trump is terrible, but ultimately ineffective.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2017, 10:35:03 AM »

trump is worse. Bush was kind of a dummy, and got pushed around into doing stupid wars, but he genuinely cared about this country and its people. trump has contempt for this country and what we should stand for.
SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2017, 12:42:05 PM »

Bush was better when it comes to social issues. Trump is better on everything else, especially foreign policy (so far).
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies