How does Hillary Clinton's concession rank among historic GE concessions? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:00:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  How does Hillary Clinton's concession rank among historic GE concessions? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How does Hillary Clinton's concession speech rank among historic general election concession speeches?
The best

One of the best

Medium

One of the worst

The worst

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 88

Author Topic: How does Hillary Clinton's concession rank among historic GE concessions?  (Read 7512 times)
catographer
Megameow
United States
« on: August 18, 2017, 02:02:08 AM »

I voted one of the best. I was a tad bit teary eyed when I watched it because the woman fought her whole life for something just to suffer one of the worst defeats possible. Also it was one of the first time many saw her really let her guard down and you could just feel the disappointment. One of my female friends (who reluctantly voted Trump) actually cried because she never really thought Hillary would actually lose and really felt for her.

At the end of the day the woman has consistently remained graceful in the face of MANY setbacks (many of her own doing). She's been publicly humiliated on multiple occasions and for the most part has been stoic in her handling of each situation. It was sad to see a man who was completely unprepared, unqualified, and last but not least a racist, be elected over her. It was also frustrating that she made dumb mistakes and blew her chance to be the first female President. I still, always will believe that she deserved to be the first female President. And its kind of upsetting to know that she never will be. And its even more frustrating to know that her character has been assassinated so badly that she will never get the respect she deserves for her years of public service.

Amen to all that. Very brave woman, unfairly maligned in many ways. Her concession will be unique in the history books for its unexpected nature, how she couldn't give it on the actual night of her loss, and how somber it was.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies